JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There's not really enough info. In order to make an informed judgement, you'd need to know the number of these sold, the number of catastrophic failures, and the industry average of this type of failure.
There are two more reports of extractors falling out.
Glock has some problems to sort out concerning G44.

Me ole Ruger 22/45 just keeps humming along, literally hasn't been broken down and cleaned in about a decade. Just run a bore snake through when finished with each range session... That's the kind of reliability one should expect in anything chambers for the .22 lr cartridge, I my humble opinion.

Glocks got some re-engineering to do for sure, and I suspect they will get it right. Then it'll hum through life unnoticed... Just v 1.0 pains...

Me ole Ruger 22/45 just keeps humming along, literally hasn't been broken down and cleaned in about a decade. Just run a bore snake through when finished with each range session... That's the kind of reliability one should expect in anything chambers for the .22 lr cartridge, I my humble opinion.

Glocks got some re-engineering to do for sure, and I suspect they will get it right. Then it'll hum through life unnoticed... Just v 1.0 pains...
The Ruger "Mark" pistols are hard to beat.
S&W Victory has quietly and successfully entered the market place.
I just took delivery of a S&W Model 41.

There are some good 22LR pistols around.
Glock has some damage control to do.
Pun intended.

The Ruger "Mark" pistols are hard to beat.
S&W Victory has quietly and successfully entered the market place.
I just took delivery of a S&W Model 41.

There are some good 22LR pistols around.
Glock has some damage control to do.
Pun intended.
S&W 22A is a solid pistol too. You can break the firing pin if you try hard enough but they are cheap and easy to replace.

I'm happy to see gun manufacturers trying new things, even getting into territory they haven't traditionally - thinking of the Ruger-57 and here, the Glock 44 as well as the new Henry's (lacking wood stocks) but adding side loading gates as some recent examples.

Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes they need a little re-work to get it right. What I don't like, or appreciate, is pushing out, effectively, beta-test units as if they're ready to go. We've all seen that crap before. I am not interested in being the test case to work out the kinks in their new designs. And that's why, as I stated above, I don't like being a first adopter. I'd rather buy the Gen 2 models once the worst of the issues have been ironed out.

Either way, I hope these manufacturers continue to work on new products - whether I'm interested or not, developing new products only benefits us all in the long run.

I'm happy to see gun manufacturers trying new things, even getting into territory they haven't traditionally - thinking of the Ruger-57 and here, the Glock 44 as well as the new Henry's (lacking wood stocks) but adding side loading gates as some recent examples.

Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes they need a little re-work to get it right. What I don't like, or appreciate, is pushing out, effectively, beta-test units as if they're ready to go. We've all seen that crap before. I am not interested in being the test case to work out the kinks in their new designs. And that's why, as I stated above, I don't like being a first adopter. I'd rather buy the Gen 2 models once the worst of the issues have been ironed out.

Either way, I hope these manufacturers continue to work on new products - whether I'm interested or not, developing new products only benefits us all in the long run.
Absolutely. Although I have to admit I haven't bought a Kel-Tec product in quite a while. :D

This will do fine. Thanks.

xHauUT.jpg

Here's the steel portion of the G44 slide outlined in yellow.
One of the blown extractor pics looks like Glock has it pivoting in the polymer portion.
They might have to change that if extractors keep leaving the party early.

8-D160033-4-E84-4860-B76-F-83-ADC0-D1-AC29.jpg

You know theres some really nice top end full metal conversions for Glocks. Advantage Arms, Tac Sol etc. Why anyone would buy one of those hybrid abortions is beyond me.

You know theres some really nice top end full metal conversions for Glocks. Advantage Arms, Tac Sol etc. Why anyone would buy one of those hybrid abortions is beyond me.
Some Glock people are like Iphone people.
Glock and Apple know how to hype them up for the next release and then the faithful willingly open their wallets/purses.

I have some Glocks and they are generally extremely reliable, but this G44 is a strange bird.
Buyer beware.

Some Glock people are like Iphone people.
Glock and Apple know how to hype them up for the next release and then the faithful willingly open their wallets/purses.

I have some Glocks and they are generally extremely reliable, but this G44 is a strange bird.
Buyer beware.

Im a self admitted "Glock guy" and I wouldn't touch this offering.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top