JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The stupidity of some people is truly staggering. How could he have not known that this was a stupid idea?

Would love to know the rest of the story here. Best guess is they thought some smokeless powder would surely work fine.:s0140:
:s0140:
That they did!
The video in the OP is as good as the one with the guy shooting his Brown Bess Musket....
Over a open can of Black Powder.....Don't do that either....its bad for ya....:eek: :D
Andy
I have a friend who put a can of old unusable powder outside the back door to his shop and in the sun. It exploded and when it did it opened a can of WD-40 which created a fireball that did a lot of damage to his home. I'm not smart enough to make this up.

I was standing next to just such an occurrence at the Marysville Rifle Club Hunter Sight In a couple of years ago. I was standing behind the shooter and noticed that the report from his BP rifle was REALLY LOUD and there were pieces of rifle hitting the concrete pad. This clown had loaded with Tite-Group and got exactly the results you would expect, except that he wasn't injured and nobody else was either.
Stupid is as stupid does.

Many years ago we were at a Rendezvous at Camas Meadows near Wenatchee Washington. They were holding a candle shoot one evening and a good 30 guys and 1/2 dozen women were all standing in 4 lines each taking a turn at the candle. I guy in the row two over from me and about 3 people ahead of me. Stepped up and fired his flintlock. AND the whole place flashed around him. Luckily it was open air so no explosion. What had happened was that the guy in front of him loading his rifle in the line had missed getting the stopper in his powder horn and he dumped in a scattered sort of way as he moved to the line about 6-8 ounces of 3F on the ground, And when a spark from the Flintlock hit the ground it all went WOOOSH.

Needless to say the candle shoot was over.

I love his response! :s0114:
When people come here to ask about getting into reloading? I try to ask questions to help determine if they have the basic intelligence and common sense it take to get into reloading and be safe about it. I have what it takes. And rolling my own gives me a great deal of satisfaction. Dude in the video? Or whoever prepped that rifle for him to fire, don't have what it takes.

I love his response! :s0114:
When people come here to ask about getting into reloading? I try to ask questions to help determine if they have the basic intelligence and common sense it take to get into reloading and be safe about it. I have what it takes. And rolling my own gives me a great deal of satisfaction. Dude in the video? Or whoever prepped that rifle for him to fire, don't have what it takes.
Maybe they have a certain Hollywood Armorer that loads their rifles ?

The stupidity of some people is truly staggering. How could he have not known that this was a stupid idea?
Several years ago a friend of mine told me that he had inherited his father's hunting rifle. Sounded like an 8mm from what I could tell. He didn't know much about it but he did hand load for it. He had an old can of powder that Pop always used. Used hand tools to replace the primers and poured "one scoop" of powder and some bullets that he had a whole bag of. He told me there were more cans of powder around the shed if he did run out. :rolleyes: I tried to caution him politely (yeah, I know) but he wasn't really interested. I haven't heard from him in a while - I should probably check in on him...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top