JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know theres some really nice top end full metal conversions for Glocks. Advantage Arms, Tac Sol etc. Why anyone would buy one of those hybrid abortions is beyond me.
It wouldn't be much of a stretch for aftermarket slide makers jump in and offer an aluminum alloy replacement slide for these G44's.
There might be some G44's for sale on the used market in the near future.

Doesn't look like the R&D team did much R.... OR D. WTF?
It was tested with pristine Euro Ammo made in Tyrolia by guys with Man Buns.
Everything was fine.
Then the crazy Americans came at it with cheap a$$ bargain bucket ammo from the Gun Show !
And the rest is history.

:D

Last Edited:
1580180112211.png

It's legendary alright.

What a bubblegumshow!!!:s0112:

Just do it right the first time.

How can it be lucrative to do things this way, where the end user gets to be the test dummy?

I don't recall EVER seeing/hearing of ANY 22LR ammo doing that to ANYthing.
Should be plenty helpful to analise the video. And Gl*ck is reknown for being better at their designs/builds than many over the decades.

[QUO
I have never really understood the hate or the fanboy status for glocks. They are a manufacturer of firearms with a great track record with some warts and hiccups along the way. They are not unlike many other companies that make firearms, cough cough sig. I would bet money if this is a widespread problem they will stand behind these guns and come out with a retro-fit slide. Maybe outta metal this time ;)
But Glock will probly charge you for it! Sig didnt make any mistakes ;) it was a voluntery upgrade remeber;) look at my avatar lol

So, I did a little digging last night. So far there are only two people posting their guns up that had the same issue. Military arms and 22Plinkster both shared a picture or video, not their actual gun.

It appears that both of the two kabooms occurred on the first round of a new magazine. The bullet nose dives into something, either the mag itself or the ramp. The slide wacks the rim and things blow up.

Sadly this type of out of battery is usually survived with little damage to a gun....

Unless it's made of plastic!

The extractor appears to be held in only by the plastic portion of the slide. Not reinforced by any metal? They are what appears to be taking the blunt of the damage.

Just speculation: designers may have chosen a "less catestrophic" destruction sequence???
It looks to me like they didn't plan for an OOB discharge with the extractor pivoting in polymer and polymer that close to the blast zone.

According to rimfire guys that have chimed in, OOB discharge is not uncommon with rimfires.
Stronger, conventional designs shrug it off and drive on.

It just boggles the mind that during the release video, Glock said that they had a lot of rounds shot through their "test" G44's by a lot of people and they didn't have any problems. Yet here the first ones are released and getting into the hands of people using them like they normally shoot their guns and there are reported problems.

It sounds like they should have put a disclaimer on their video and reviews that said something to the affect that all demonstrations were in a controlled environment under laboratory conditions and that actual use results my be very different.

I'm glad my Beretta .22 runs just fine... even if it wasn't actually made by Beretta.

Mike

According to rimfire guys that have chimed in, OOB discharge is not uncommon with rimfires.
Stronger, conventional designs shrug it off and drive on.
geez, I feel so left out.....
My first 22LR handgun experience was with a Roooger Bear Cat in 1961. Since then I've owned many versions of most designs, and by accurate cumulative accounting methods, fired at least 14 megabazillion rounds of rimfire ammo of all economic and known engineering design perimeters, including the quixotic Russian Black Powder 'Junior' version. To this date, exactly ZERO have provided an "OOB" discharge....I feel slighted and lonely.....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top