JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
True, I'm just trying to state that, I'm pretty darn sure most of this is just one or two guns that blew up being spread around on tons of different online venues. I have yet to read any of the above mentioned issues anywhere, just a bunch of people talking about two incidents.

Kind of like how a crowd gets going on something that isn't true, or not all the facts are out about it. Concerns me really. Think of things like the Trayvon shooting.

Fact is, it appears that this is more mob bashing than actual number of broken guns.

Unless of coarse, there are refutable amount of accounts laid out in front of me, I'm calling BS and lazy reporting on those that share two examples of what could very well be a gun that hasn't got any issues.

I of coarse could be wrong...

Just one or two guns that blew up? Seriously?

This early in production, any catastrophic failure should be enough evidence to recall the product and cease manufacture until the root cause can be determined and rectified. I cannot imagine any scenario where it would be prudent to justify dangerous spontaneous explosive disassembly of a firearm.

Dude, it's chambered in .22lr. Of course you're going to defend it. :D

Oh snap, a Glock fanboy (me) on the other end of the argument. The G44, IMO, is unnecessary, a liability to the company and they should discontinue it before it's too late.

@Reno you order one yet? :s0140:
Lol, not yet. I'll wait a bit. See if this is in fact more than a two gun issue! ;)

Just one or two guns that blew up? Seriously?

This early in production, any catastrophic failure should be enough evidence to recall the product and cease manufacture until the root cause can be determined and rectified. I cannot imagine any scenario where it would be prudent to justify dangerous spontaneous explosive disassembly of a firearm.
Fare enough. Tell this to air bag manufacturers.

Most manufacturers have a threshold. x amount per x amount produced and sold type thing. Manufacturers can not test for Everything
You aren't fooling anyone dude. :s0140:
Hey now, I cant just up and quit that Taurus because Glock came second.

Fare enough. Tell this to air bag manufacturers.

Most manufacturers have a threshold. x amount per x amount produced and sold type thing. Manufacturers can not test for Everything

Hey now, I cant just up and quit that Taurus because Glock came second.

Your .22lr fixation is well known. :D

Interesting theory. Similar to the position Boeing took on the 737 Max. A full year of production halted, thousands laid off, CEO fired, intense governmental investigations, reputation destroyed and customers lost. That has turned out well for them.

Perhaps Glock should pay attention?

Interesting theory. Similar to the position Boeing took on the 737 Max. A full year of production halted, thousands laid off, CEO fired, intense governmental investigations, reputation destroyed and customers lost. That has turned out well for them.

Perhaps Glock should pay attention?
Exactly, but at least Glocks don't fall out of the sky with a couple hundred people in it.

If you really want to feel sad, look into the thought dynamics of what a human life costs. In other words, how companies factor in everyday consumers lives vs the products they make.

In other news, controversy sells. Why do you thing folks like Tim at MAC repost these things? It brings people to their sites, it gets clicks, possibly new patreon supporters, etc. in the case of the website linked a few posts back, it gets clicks, which get ad revenue.

In light of these events with the g44, I think glock should depart from their numerical naming system for the 44 and instead call it the "rimshot" or maybe the "oober":D

In light of these events with the g44, I think glock should depart from their numerical naming system for the 44 and instead call it the "rimshot" or maybe the "oober":D

Instead of Glock MOS they should name this one Glock POS.

I read this thread and some other threads on a Glock forum about this new pistol. Bits and pieces of news, pictures and You Tube links all over the WWWeb.

I posted about being VERY happy about GLOCK bringing out this 22lr pistol on THIS forum and while talking to other people including MT store managers. I even called GLOCK and told them that I was happy about their new pistol that was due to come out in 22lr!

I still think that it WAS a good idea but I will add this. It is a good idea but ONLY if the new firearm in ANY brand, not just Glock, is SAFE and has the KINKS WORKED OUT before it lands on the store shelves.

I even posted the LINKS or LINK from the GLOCK FACTORY and Glock range with an American who was invited to test and shoot this new Glock pistol before it hit the shelves for sale in the USA! He traveled overseas to their building in Austria (?), did some more interviews, gave reviews and put it up online. That LINK in on this forum too. I put it up.

How many of these new Glock pistols were totally messed up and is there more than one reason for these blown up pistols?

What IS the actual number?

There should be NO issues even with a first run of pistols when it comes to SAFETY issues!

(I realize that NO one thing or object is perfect - same as with a man or a woman. Only God is perfect.)

Can you imagine taking a NEWBIE out to shoot at any age but especially a KID or a person who took some time to want to LEARN TO SHOOT or came over to OUR side and have this happen to them or their teacher or to a shooting partner?! Injuries and/or death? Holy moly!

Major design flaw?

Shooters doing something wrong?

Picky ammunition? Dirty pistol? NOT following what GLOCK advises?

BAD ammunition like the RECALL with DOUBLE CHARGED Winchester M22 and other 22lr name brands of recalled ammunition that may still be FLOATING AROUND in people's RF stock?

Older ammunition warning stories with actual company recalls are still online.

Other brands have been recalled too.

I am very sad to hear about these GLOCK pistols that have 'blown up' so to speak.

I hope that no one gets injured more or dies from such a thing no matter how OLD they are.

Many people bought this pistol for training NEWBIES in the gun world including teaching YOUNG PEOPLE how to shoot semi automatic pistols or it was their FIRST GUN to shoot with NO other shooting experience. So they are trying to learn ALL kinds of things as a NEWBIE shooter.

Gun safety taught to them by their parents, another relative or friend, an NRA instructor, Boy Scout shooting, etc.

Jeff Cooper's gun rules.

Can you imagine doing all of the RIGHT THINGS when it comes to teaching GUN SAFETY, training, proper shooting techniques, doing the right thing on taking a BREAK when you are new and learning to shoot, etc. and having this happen?

Holy moly!

I am a lover of RF shooting! (I loved to shoot CF firearms in the past in specific calibers too.)

I no longer shoot any handguns.

I only shoot one main 22lr rifle now.

My MT husband wants me to get another 22wmr rifle since I LOVE that caliber but I have not made up my mind there.

My MT husband was VERY interested in this firearm. He is still interested in it but will WAIT and SEE what comes down the road BEFORE he buys one... IF he buys one at all. I encouraged him to BUY one when I first read about it too!

He owns a few Glock pistols and I owned a Glock pistol in the past too.

My first gun was a GLOCK in 9mm. I was a NEWBIE in the late 90's when it came to buying my own guns and getting into self defense shooting. (I am not counting what I used for a 'house gun' of my late husband's prior to that time frame. D/A revolver.)

We do like the GLOCK brand and he and I never had any issues with our GLOCK pistols in 9mm and in his 45acp Glock pistols.

(He owned many top brands in handguns as I did for many years too. He has been shooting since he was a kid here in Montana too.)

I am a lover of the GLOCK brand as I was with specific SMITH and WESSON (Several double action CF and RF revolvers and ONLY 2 S&W semi automatic pistols - Model 41 and 22A.) and specific RUGER single action revolver (RF and CF) handguns. I am not talking about rifles now.

I am a LOVER of shooting 22lr and 22wmr firearms too.

I would not call myself a FAN boy or girl (I am a female.) but I always did like the GLOCK brand. It worked well for me as a NEWBIE and I only owned 3 semi automatic pistols in my ENTIRE life. I am 69 years old. I chose what suited me as a Newbie and with my old injuries (Broken bones, lasting nerve damage, range of motion.) and when my arthritis was not as bad. It is all worse now.

So the nicknames would not bother me if someone chose to call me them since I do LOVE specific brands in firearms, there are some brands that I would NOT buy at all including some models, and since I mainly shoot 22lr 100% due to my old lady issues.

I am sad to hear this Glock news and have been reading some of these posts from HERE and all over the WWWeb to my husband too.

Cate

Instead of Glock MOS they should name this one Glock POS.

LOL @ Glock POS. I'm neither a slavish fanboy, nor a detractor. But, F an A, they've been putting out good fighting pistols since, well, shortly after everyone went nuts for Pac-Man. They've almost always nailed it, but this one, eh, I'm thinking maybe misstep. Every company has at least a few. Creator knows I've worked for a few, albeit in a different sector. :s0114:

I get that they are trying to create a training pistol that would have the same manual of arms as the G19.
But trying to cycle the slide with 22LR is a challenge.
The age-old successful 22LR designs move a bolt.

Judging from the evidence, this looks like it's going to be an expensive fix for Glock.

I get that they are trying to create a training pistol that would have the same manual of arms as the G19.
But trying to cycle the slide with 22LR is a challenge.
The age-old successful 22LR designs move a bolt.

Judging from the evidence, this looks like it's going to be an expensive fix for Glock.

Agreed. The .22 conversion for SIGs is an aluminum slide to work with the lighter recoil. The Ruger 57 and the FN Five Seven both are sensitive to adding weight to the slide - e.g., red dots/et. al.

There is a balance with any semi-auto with a recoiling slide - the weight of the slide is an important factor. I am sure that this is why Glock went with a plastic slide. I am betting that at some point they will wish they went with aluminum.

I can't understand how Glock screwed this up as much as they did. First the hype built up for a .22lr 10-rd pistol which is like a firearms release equivalent to a bunt, and even that they didn't do right??

I also don't quite buy the explanation that it's just so difficult to make a durable, reliable semi-auto in .22lr. Lesser manufacturers have done it.

I can't understand how Glock screwed this up as much as they did. First the hype built up for a .22lr 10-rd pistol which is like a firearms release equivalent to a bunt, and even that they didn't do right??

I also don't quite buy the explanation that it's just so difficult to make a durable, reliable semi-auto in .22lr. Lesser manufacturers have done it.
As noted above, I think you could say that it's difficult to make one that cycles the slide (reliably).
Glock wanted the same manual of arms as their centerfires, therefore it must cycle the slide.
The good ones, Hall-of-Famers in you will, cycle the bolt.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top