JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As noted above, I think you could say that it's difficult to make one that cycles the slide (reliably).
Glock wanted the same manual of arms as their centerfires, therefore it must cycle the slide.
The good ones, Hall-of-Famers in you will, cycle the bolt.

I don't fully agree, though. It's true that many of the famously reliable .22lr semiautos cycle a bolt rather than a slide, but other makers have achieved cycling the slide with success. This includes lesser-regarded manufacturers than Glock. For example the Bersa Thunder .22 has an overwhelmingly positive reputation... And its intent is the same, it completely replicates the manual of arms for its larger-caliber equivalent. I suppose it's hard for me to believe Bersa is capable of something that Glock isn't.

Now granted, maybe it's less of an engineering challenge for Bersa because the full caliber pistol is also blowback operated. But there are at least a few blowback .22 replicas of locked breech pistols that work well and hold up with use. There are .22 versions of 1911's, S&W M&P's, for example; and they are pretty good.

So a new day, a new batch online being reported. So far two more confirmed reports. This one had no out of battery, yet lost the extractor.
47103892_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.jpg

This one is showing early wear on the striker . Not good.
08371941_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.jpg

Definitely something going on with these.

Shame, Ill have to eat my words :eek:

Update : (C&P from original post on Arfcom)

Glock does have my gun. I spoke with them today. They are going to send me a new gun. Thank you Glock. I was not able to get a determination of what they found on their investigation of my gun. I will tell u that I have 100% confidence in Glock products. I even purchased another G44 after my kaboom. I have ran over 500 rounds of Cci 40 gr 36 gr and Remington golden hollowpoints. With zero I say zero problems. No FTF No FTE no problems of any kind. I personally believe that with the amount of guns manufactured its inevitable that a few come out bad. I just happened to get one. 45 years of shooting and this was my first kaboom ever I guess I was due. I will give more info when I get it from Glock. In closing, I own several Glocks and will buy several more. A Glock pistol it what I will use to defend myself if my life was on the line.

Thanks J. Gibson

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads