JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow, that guy's lucky to be alive! That's got to be just about the worst kaboom you could have - catastrophic failure of a .50 bmg.

You hear about "kabooms" from time to time, and it seems that serious injuries are relatively rare. I credit that to the engineering of modern firearms. Catastrophic failure of a really big gun though, is something else altogether. I'm glad he's recovering.

I was so choked up watching that. He is truly blessed and I'm sure that EVERY DAY now
when he wakes up is the best day of his life. Serbu makes quality products but damn...
how can you overbuild to that kind of overpressure? I've used a single shot, bolt action
Serbu for many years.

I've been an incident with explosives and shrapnel. My face is permanently scarred from it. Freak accident involving glass bottles and fireworks. This gives me some PTSD watching it. You really can't plan for stuff like this, it seriously just comes out of nowhere.

Little things like prescription glasses, or eye protection in this case, can save an eye. If I had not been wearing my glasses, I'd likely not have my left eye. Had the 2" piece of glass hit a little lower inward in my neck, I'd have lacerated my jugular like Scott. Still have glass in my face, had to have minor post procedures two years after to remove left over bits, as it doe not show on X-rays. Had to get an MRI to find the little bits.

Like Scott I really got lucky. Though mine was not gun related, it took me a while to get back out shooting. It was definitely the reason I started using/buying suppressors. I physically jumped at the gun ranges for a bit, I still get spooked on occasion if someone is shooting something big at the general range. I was truly lucky to only end up with scars and not something far worse.

I hope Scott a speedy recovery and that he doesn't take too long getting back to shooting again. His videos are enjoyable.

Last Edited:
I've been an incident with explosives and shrapnel. My face is permanently scared from it. Freak accident involving glass bottles and fireworks. This gives me some PTSD watching it. You really can't plan for stuff like this, it seriously just comes out of nowhere.

Little things like prescription glasses, or eye protection in this case, can save an eye. If I had not been wearing my glasses, I'd likely not have my left eye. Had the 2" piece of glass hit a little lower inward in my neck, I'd have lacerated my jugular like Scott. Still have glass in my face, had to have minor post procedures two years after to remove left over bits, as it doe not show on X-rays. Had to get an MRI to find the little bits.

Like Scott I really got lucky. Though not gun related, it took me a while to get back out shooting. It was definitely the reason I started using/buying suppressors. I physically jumped at the gun ranges for a bit, I still get spooked on occasion if someone is shooting something big at the general range. I was truly lucky to only end up with scars and not something far worse.

I hope Scott a speedy recovery and that he doesn't take too long getting back to shooting again. His videos are enjoyable.

I call BS…. the real story is that when you were born you were sooooo ugly that the doctor swung you around like a sack of cats and bashed every wall, door, and shelf he could find.

Not really. ;):D

Holy Crapola!!!

Haven't watched this guys vids in several months.. taking a break from YouTube.. but he's one of the firearms content creators that I enjoy the most.

Seems like a real nice guy.. must have a guardian angel.

Glad to see, he's gonna be alright, albeit with a few more scars than he started the year with.

My face is permanently scared from it.
By "permanently scared", do you mean frozen in an expression of fear? That must be inconvenient. Well, most of the year anyway. :)

1619733524431.jpeg

Just kidding, glad you're ok. :)

This guy had some old, old SLAP rounds and had one that was loaded a bit too hot and destroyed his rifle. Anyway, he survived, but not by much. Good video and he goes into quite a bit of detail. Worth watching from start to finish. It also parallels with why you wouldn't want to shoot reloads that you don't know the direct history of.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top