JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
TBH, I'm not certain that ANY gun of conventional design would survive 190,000 psi - or was it 119,000? I'm deaf, so maybe I'm not hearing him as well as I might.
190K PSI and yes, I doubt most guns would survive any pressures above 100K.

we might find out - it seems like he was saying he was going to try this with other guns.

I have to wonder where the funds come from to be able to waste expensive guns in this manner

we might find out - it seems like he was saying he was going to try this with other guns.

I have to wonder where the funds come from to be able to waste expensive guns in this manner
If monetized, YouTube pays about $18 per 1000 views (or used to). He's likely demonetized but he has a huge Patreon following. Even if each follower only pays a few bucks a month, that's thousands of dollars at minimum. I'm guessing he makes well over six figures a year.

Plus, the south is cheap. They have to get people to live there somehow ;)

I would speculate that the manufacturer of the previous rifle, Serbu, might have pitched in a few dollars for this one. It seems that their reputation took a bit of a hit with some people, with that original catastrophic failure.

I would think it would be a smart business move to show that their rifle is safe, and that NO rifle could have stood up to an extreme overcharge.

Pure speculation on my part.

I would speculate that the manufacturer of the previous rifle, Serbu, might have pitched in a few dollars for this one. It seems that their reputation took a bit of a hit with some people, with that original catastrophic failure.

I would think it would be a smart business move to show that their rifle is safe, and that NO rifle could have stood up to an extreme overcharge.

Pure speculation on my part.
The Serbu yes - I believe the second rifle was sent to him gratis. But not the Barrett or I think he would have mentioned it, and the Barrett was quite a bit more expensive.

If monetized, YouTube pays about $18 per 1000 views (or used to). He's likely demonetized but he has a huge Patreon following. Even if each follower only pays a few bucks a month, that's thousands of dollars at minimum. I'm guessing he makes well over six figures a year.

Plus, the south is cheap. They have to get people to live there somehow ;)
I used to make 6 figures too - but I don't go around blowing up rifles that cost $10K - not on purpose anyway.

unhl26lkqpm81.png

Over here in Poorpersonville it is generally agreed that way too many folks on your side of the Great Water have too much money for their own good.

These two klutzes are prime examples of that genre.
I think of it as money well spent. After all they're using the video as a bit of a slight of hand and to moderate the notion that the Serbu breach model is inherently dangerous. If a little bit of time and $10,000 is all it takes to stem the uproar and speculation it is a great investment

I suppose beyond the two possible issues of the cause, a person could say a 3rd issue is how the gun breaks -as Reno, RVtech, and others discussed above. Kind of like a Volvo (and all modern cars) with crumple zones engineered into the design vs. a 1963 Buick without much engineering thought for crashworthiness/occupant safety (beyond pure bulk ha ha).

One thing I will say is I'm amazed at how many pistol kaboom reports we see where there is little or no damage to the shooter. Pistol rounds of course but still I think many of these designs do really well at breaking in a way that protects people (from what I have seen reported anyway). Reports on NWFA come to mind, H&K, S and W semi-auto. Also in the same thread as the S and W one reports of both a Sig and Glock kabooming with the same brand of ammo. Just what I have seen, I definitely have not studied examples from all over...
As far as company reports go they will blame their sister before self . They of course blamed the ammo and or user . But it was more like a already known high pressure round In a barrel with a chamber that's not fully supported . You can look up 10mm an unsupported chambers for a known problem child for manufactures .

Holy bubblegum. That was a ferocious catastrophic failure. That man should go light a candle at church and then go buy a lotto ticket.
Wow!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads