JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why do half measures?

1087704-d8ac5c85c4a17a07c08d7c1ac7de3c19.jpg
I mean technically, that is three guns not two. But hey, I would give it to you.

There is a thread on Reddit about how pushing/pulling a bicycle is harder than walking & carrying the same cargo. Apparently moving weight with wheels being easier than carrying it on your back is against the laws of physics - or so the poster inferred.
:D I guess the pioneer wagon trains did it all wrong useing wheels and such.

:D I guess the pioneer wagon trains did it all wrong useing wheels and such.
The wheel, being one of the most important inventions of mankind, apparently violates the laws of physics.

For millennia humans have pushed/pulled heavy things in carts, then used livestock, then used machines - but all this time they must have also been using magic instead of physics.

He also claimed bicycles were a "maintenance nightmare". :rolleyes:

These are the kind of people that won't survive very long if/when SHTF.

I was about 10-12 years old when I started wrenching on my BMX bicycle, that was the 70's though, so technological advancements evidently have made them complicated.
They now have twist grip shifters that are a bit more sophisticated from what I understand, probably better? I don't think the old lever shifters were very reliable - I always felt they weren't.

They also have suspensions - although you could opt to do without those, and some allow you to lock the suspension out.

On the better bikes, the brakes are hydraulic instead of cables - more effective, but yes, a bit more complex (but certainly not rocket surgery).

I haven't looked at off-road capable bikes in many years, but I would be surprised if they are not a LOT better than when I bought and rode one of the early MTBs.

They now have twist grip shifters that are a bit more sophisticated from what I understand, probably better? I don't think the old lever shifters were very reliable - I always felt they weren't.

They also have suspensions - although you could opt to do without those, and some allow you to lock the suspension out.

On the better bikes, the brakes are hydraulic instead of cables - more effective, but yes, a bit more complex (but certainly not rocket surgery).

I haven't looked at off-road capable bikes in many years, but I would be surprised if they are not a LOT better than when I bought and rode one of the early MTBs.
Agree lots of changes since the 70s. My aluminum 92' mountain bike has suspension front and rear, grip shifters, Kevlar tires, grease guard hubs (you can push out old grease with grease gun no need to replace bearings), but doesn't have disk brakes like the newer ones. That was all stuff available in 92' when I bought it. Haven't followed the changes since then though. Similar to this one below. Despite its age it rides/works same as new. Went through three or four front shocks (replaced for free) then they got all the bugs worked out and has been perfect since. Rarely ride it in last several years cuz you would have to have a death wish to ride a bicycle in Portland.
34D6CBE8-7C6C-4B02-9931-85E43EC51C3E.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads