JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's the one...

My MT husband said that he was in that town a zillion years ago. It was a work related trip.

ALL of these stories are so sad.

Prayers said for all of the people in those areas, for all states and for our beloved fire fighters.

We have had fires in Montana, we still have them now, some were forest fires - natural such as lightning strikes, some were man made - stupid people doing stupid things in the woods and on trails, and some were arson = criminal actions. Past and present years.

Some of the arson stories in MT are not just 'scuttlebutt' in years past. Especially in Lincoln County where they had some fire bug - arsonist and he or 'they' (?) set fires inside and outside of small town limits. Not just in and around the Libby area.

There are many other stories but I will not put up the 'news links' here or hunt for them. We had some on the M Trail a week or so ago too. In THIS college town. A deliberately SET fire not a campfire or lightning strike as one of several examples. The police and firemen announced it too. I went out on my front porch and looked East towards one mountain with the M on it and there it was. It literally exploded, they got it out, it started up again and it was put out again.

Throw in the transient aka bum started fires that have been deliberately started UNDER one bridge in town for a FEW times - two that I know for SURE UNDER that one R.S. bridge and a few of them very close to the SAME bridge if not more bridges. We have several rivers in and all around this town. That was NO campfire. Plus other ILLEGAL tents and crapola shelters that were and some are still in that area that have been SET ON FIRE on purpose too. That was ON our local news. And I am not even talking about the other TRAILS over by or ON land that leads to Federal Land not just state or county land. That one area is closer to the University and I have NOT hiked that trail since my husband said that it is not safe at all. There are federal workers that will not or do not LIKE to monitor some of those trails and further up in the mountain area due to the 'transients' over there not just some old hippy dippy types. On our news. Old and new stories.

Some other fires across this country were due and STILL are due to dumb bunny regulations that leave our national, state and county forests across this country like a tinder box waiting to explode.

The smoke is horrible on some days, especially in the valleys, no matter how much you try to PREPARE for it. Throw in medical conditions on top of the smoke and it is really hard to deal with no matter what age you are.

The destruction, injuries and deaths that have been reported are hard to read online. One couple is in a burn unit and their child is dead. They were fleeing a fire and left their vehicle. WA state.

Take care. Prayers said for all people.

I would NOT wish a fire or destruction or looting or severe injuries or death on a person just because they do not always agree with me, destruction done to their home or business or in their IMMEDIATE or outlying area. (Let the court system do the right and honorable thing if a bad guy gets caught doing a dirty deed.)

My MT husband had very severe burns on one arm as a child. One of his two older brothers did something and my husband still has the scars on his one arm. It was a VERY bad burn that went up his arm. He got burned on his face, near his eye, up on his forehead and some of his hair burned. He just told me this again too. (ADDED more and we are discussing the fires right now @ 6:35 AM.) I will not say more on that subject other than if a person has not ever been burned - you can't imagine the pain. They were up in NW MT (Tiny remote logging town.) and they had to drive - rush him to Idaho for care. Bonners Ferry, ID if my memory serves me right.

Cate

Last Edited:
Billy Jean,

I hope that your Father is okay. You said that he was evacuated. Please keep us updated.

Prayers said for him and everyone else who is displaced or ruined or hurt due to these horrible fires.

Take care.

Cate

My health facility has been taking in evacuees for temporary housing since yesterday afternoon. North Lincoln County still under level 3 evac orders. Not a motel room available anywhere in our town. Parts of 101 and 18 are still closed. Be careful out there!

We live just outside of Lyons on the South East side. We had to leave at 1:45am Monday night/Tuesday morning, however you want to look at it.

Embers were falling in our driveway as we were leaving. We stopped at the few neighbors in our area and informed them. One lady decided to stay she has been giving us updates and we have been very blessed as the fire has burned all around us, but no damage to our place as of 7:00 last night.

Unfortunately there are a lot of folks who haven't faired so well. We are trying to put together a donation center for used cloths for people who lost everything. We were able to hook onto our trailer and head out with some suit cases. Others not so lucky.

I will say that seeing folks volunteering and bringing food and water and even toys to the evacuation area was so refreshing. I'm so tired of all the crap going on in this country it was nice to see people genuinely care for others without worrying about which side you are on.

God bless all those affected by this and those who have been fighting the fires and standing in the gap.

Eric

I've spent the majority of the last two months camping, kayaking, and fishing, so we already had all our gear sitting by the door. I threw it all into the car last night but I don't expect to have to evacuate, even though the Level 1 zone has been creeping closer toward us.

****Hope you're all safe and doing well.*****

Last Edited:
Actually, there are lots of fires set every year by a variety of nut jobs. Washington DNR has reported that as well as agencies in Oregon and California. I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss possible arsons.
The Dexter Oregon fire chief sent out a message to be on look out for an individual seen and chased off that had been starting brush fires near Dexter Lake off hwy 58 the fires were luckily put out by people who caught him in the act. Sadly he got away as they fought the fires.

So there you go.

I agree with 2020 being an awful year so far. Wife's illnesses followed by Covid followed by unexpected/unprecedented fires. What next? Another Ice Age with zombie mammoths? Oh, I can't wait. Would a 1911 take care of business against a kill crazed zombie mammoth? I believe it would ;)
A :eek:Zombie Mammoth? Surely my ex wouldn't get THAT crazy, would she? ;)

My MT husband said that he was in that town a zillion years ago. It was a work related trip.

ALL of these stories are so sad.

Prayers said for all of the people in those areas, for all states and for our beloved fire fighters.

We have had fires in Montana, we still have them now, some were forest fires - natural such as lightning strikes, some were man made - stupid people doing stupid things in the woods and on trails, and some were arson = criminal actions. Past and present years.

Some of the arson stories in MT are not just 'scuttlebutt' in years past. Especially in Lincoln County where they had some fire bug - arsonist and he or 'they' (?) set fires inside and outside of small town limits. Not just in and around the Libby area.

There are many other stories but I will not put up the 'news links' here or hunt for them. We had some on the M Trail a week or so ago too. In THIS college town. A deliberately SET fire not a campfire or lightning strike as one of several examples. The police and firemen announced it too. I went out on my front porch and looked East towards one mountain with the M on it and there it was. It literally exploded, they got it out, it started up again and it was put out again.

Throw in the transient aka bum started fires that have been deliberately started UNDER one bridge in town for a FEW times - two that I know for SURE UNDER that one R.S. bridge and a few of them very close to the SAME bridge if not more bridges. We have several rivers in and all around this town. That was NO campfire. Plus other ILLEGAL tents and crapola shelters that were and some are still in that area that have been SET ON FIRE on purpose too. That was ON our local news. And I am not even talking about the other TRAILS over by or ON land that leads to Federal Land not just state or county land. That one area is closer to the University and I have NOT hiked that trail since my husband said that it is not safe at all. There are federal workers that will not or do not LIKE to monitor some of those trails and further up in the mountain area due to the 'transients' over there not just some old hippy dippy types. On our news. Old and new stories.

Some other fires across this country were due and STILL are due to dumb bunny regulations that leave our national, state and county forests across this country like a tinder box waiting to explode.

The smoke is horrible on some days, especially in the valleys, no matter how much you try to PREPARE for it. Throw in medical conditions on top of the smoke and it is really hard to deal with no matter what age you are.

The destruction, injuries and deaths that have been reported are hard to read online. One couple is in a burn unit and their child is dead. They were fleeing a fire and left their vehicle. WA state.

Take care. Prayers said for all people.

I would NOT wish a fire or destruction or looting or severe injuries or death on a person just because they do not always agree with me, destruction done to their home or business or in their IMMEDIATE or outlying area. (Let the court system do the right and honorable thing if a bad guy gets caught doing a dirty deed.)

My MT husband had very severe burns on one arm as a child. One of his two older brothers did something and my husband still has the scars on his one arm. It was a VERY bad burn that went up his arm. He got burned on his face, near his eye, up on his forehead and some of his hair burned. He just told me this again too. (ADDED more and we are discussing the fires right now @ 6:35 AM.) I will not say more on that subject other than if a person has not ever been burned - you can't imagine the pain. They were up in NW MT (Tiny remote logging town.) and they had to drive - rush him to Idaho for care. Bonners Ferry, ID if my memory serves me right.

Cate
Right on Cate... in so many ways... great post.

Saw this alert posted by the Sheriffs:

A14BDEF9-AD68-428A-AE39-7542BDACC546.jpeg

Evacuated out of molalla tuesday night. Hate not know where the fires are to know if my place is safe. Also colton has had looting on abandoned homes. Makes me worry about molalla too. Stay safe everyone and pray for cooler weather to come help.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top