JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I was young, I was taught that firearms and alcohol are mutually exclusive. PERIOD.
I didn't read any more than this right here.
I worked at a bar and know what alcohol does to MOST people.
I wouldn't carry if i was drinking or vice versa.
It' is my opinion that a person is a fool to mix the two.
I could care less what anyone else has to say for excuses,this is MY opinion
If you need to go somewhere that you need your gun,don't drink.
Drink at home if you want to play with both.Cause at a bar,there is always someone looking for trouble.
The other thing. If you do need to use your gun and have had something to drink?
Good luck in court;)

I just don't get this thing about so many people fighting when they've had a few. I probably take clients out 30 or more times a year, and I've never been in a situation where I was afraid for my safety or the safety of anyone else. My wife any I frequently eat out and also go to local bars to play the slot machines. Maybe it's the places we go, or the fact that we're not out late, but I've just not seen that kind of activity at the places we go.

Now, if I'm going to have more than one or two glasses of wine, beers, or whatever, then I'm not carrying or driving.

I just don't get this thing about so many people fighting when they've had a few. I probably take clients out 30 or more times a year, and I've never been in a situation where I was afraid for my safety or the safety of anyone else. My wife any I frequently eat out and also go to local bars to play the slot machines. Maybe it's the places we go, or the fact that we're not out late, but I've just not seen that kind of activity at the places we go.

Now, if I'm going to have more than one or two glasses of wine, beers, or whatever, then I'm not carrying or driving.
I have rotten luck, and my size brings out the little yippy dog in all drunk "tough guys".. On average it happens 1/5 times I go to a bar, no joke. I dont even have to say or do anything.. They just come to me.. Its infuriating that I cant just sit down, have a drink and enjoy some music.
And the bars I go to arent too divey which is another crazy thing. I find that at the real dive bars its the opposite, people just want to talk to the big guy not fight him.

I have rotten luck, and my size brings out the little yippy dog in all drunk "tough guys".. On average it happens 1/5 times I go to a bar, no joke. I dont even have to say or do anything.. They just come to me.. Its infuriating that I cant just sit down, have a drink and enjoy some music.
And the bars I go to arent too divey which is another crazy thing. I find that at the real dive bars its the opposite, people just want to talk to the big guy not fight him.

Hmm, I've met you, didn't have any desire to take a swing at you :p

I like to get blackout drunk, beat my wife, kick the dog and then pull out my 10mm and look down the barrel to see if I left it loaded. If it is loaded, I invite my neighbor over to have some beers and show it off. I mean, who doesn't like a 1006?

J/K :D

all I know is we don't need any more stinking "gun free zone" laws. That Washington law is just plain stupid, plenty of people can handle a drink or two and stop there I don't have a problem with them carrying. I don't know of any case where state with "gun free" bar laws prevented any kind of drunken "gun violence". I also don't know of any case where a person was convicted for shooting someone because they were drunk, as if had they not been drinking they would have not been convicted. A righteous shoot is a righteous shoot.
Be accountable for your actions and make responsible choices... if you want to tie one down then leave the guns at home, if you just have one with dinner than carry on.

I'm not much for bars, don't understand their attraction. However I am not going to disarm myself just because I am having a beer (I'm a six-pack per year drinker).

I suppose the point is to know yourself. If you know you do stupid things frequently, get into fights, etc. then you need to impose strict discipline on the "booze and guns don't mix" rule. If it's a stretch for you to consume a single can of beer, don't worry so much.

Good job by your parents, JS.

I carry full time, even at home. I drink very little when I'm armed! I'll go into a club or bar to eat and consume one beer or a glass of wine but that will be my limit!
If a place looks rowdy, has redneck or rap blasting I'll turn right around and leave. I won't enter a ****** or bar in WA as it's illegal except to eat and I won't flirt with disaster!:cool:

Adding a PS here, if I'm driving I'm not drinking! I never "fondle" a firearm when I've had any alcohol!

This, every wood.

As a CHL older I think you have an abligation to have a higher moral compass and not mix drugs or alcohol while carrying.
I look at it this way,
If I have to use my firearm and I have even one drink that may send me to jail for the rest of my life.
If I get pulled over and i've had even a drink then in my head I run the chance of the Sheriff voiding my CHL.

If I make the news for using my firearm and consuming alcohol then I put all of you, and the CHL holders across the nation is a bad light. We have enough of that.

I have a CDL I weigh 275lbs I can't legally blow more then .04% so I never drink more then two Bud Lights away from my house. That said I have no problem with the idea of carrying while out to dinner or such (only time I am in a bar or tavern is a local place where we are there to eat) And consider it one of the times I would most want my carry pistol. I am very well aware of how I behave after two beers with a meal. SO I adjust accordingly. I've carried for approx. 32 years now been working out just fine. I've had my hand on my pistol maybe 3 times over that period when I thought I might need it. But never cleared my pocket.

YMMV

If I have to use my firearm and I have even one drink that may send me to jail for the rest of my life.

The presence of alcohol in your system doesn't alter the validity of the old adage "it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6". If having a drink or two impairs your judgment to the point you may use a firearm in a non legal or borderline legal way, by all means don't carry, but the presence of alcohol doesn't make a good shoot good or a bad shoot bad. And if it's close enough to questionable where a drink is the deciding factor as to a shoots legality, you probably made a poor choice.

I mean if you need a gun to save your life, you would rather die than face an investigation with a drink in you?:confused:

The presence of alcohol in your system doesn't alter the validity of the old adage "it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6". If having a drink or two impairs your judgment to the point you may use a firearm in a non legal or borderline legal way, by all means don't carry, but the presence of alcohol doesn't make a good shoot good or a bad shoot bad. And if it's close enough to questionable where a drink is the deciding factor as to a shoots legality, you probably made a poor choice.

I mean if you need a gun to save your life, you would rather die than face an investigation with a drink in you?:confused:

Very true, but you know the liberal prosecutors will use any volume of alcohol to try to make an example of you and further the left's agenda.

Personally I haven't hung out at a bar in probably 6 years and for the last 10 it's been few and far between.
Part of protecting yourself is staying away from potentially dangerous situations or places.

I have young kids, being in a bar doesn't remotely feel appealing to me.
But then again I'm not, and never have been a drinker.

I can probably count the beers i've had in the last year on my two hands.

I have a friend, close friend. Viet Vet. His size is very intimidating. He nears 7' and 300lbs. BIG BOY!! One of the nicest people, mild mannered. Piss him off, and the fury is unleashed. Not a wise decision. Ask me how I know...LOL

I shot at my range today and had a good day. I got the drink on now. Cheers (tips glass)

I have a CDL I weigh 275lbs I can't legally blow more then .04% so I never drink more then two Bud Lights away from my house. That said I have no problem with the idea of carrying while out to dinner or such (only time I am in a bar or ****** is a local place where we are there to eat) And consider it one of the times I would most want my carry pistol. I am very well aware of how I behave after two beers with a meal. SO I adjust accordingly. I've carried for approx. 32 years now been working out just fine. I've had my hand on my pistol maybe 3 times over that period when I thought I might need it. But never cleared my pocket.

YMMV
I have to ask. Considering business/DOT regs, do you pack while at work? Considering all the sleaze at the truck stops, I would risk it.

I do not carry at work,. I also almost never see a truck stop. I drive a 105,500GVW Kenworth T800 Columbia bodied Dump truck and 4 axle pup trailer. The only time we ever see a real truck stop is if we stop to buy something from the store and thats very rare.

Our company policy is no weapons at work. Its an insurance thing. Almost everyone in the company is a gun owner and hunter. SO pro 2nd just not allowed at work.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top