JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmmmm, I used to drink socially. Especially at the dance hall on weekends. Many many many times I should not have driven home. Good thing I am an adult now.

I think carrying in a bar, for me, would be just in case of a robbery, or some type of savage attack were to happen. Bar fights, nah. But then I'm a guy that walked out of a place where a s*ithead started insulting my wife. My pride took a beating but who was the bigger idiot in my wife's eyes? (Don't even kid me!;))

Now I don't drink because of medical issues so it's moot for me, but I generally agree with a viewpoint of not trying to legislate commonsense nor morality.

Just be safe out there. life is hard enough without making it harder!!

Very true, but you know the liberal prosecutors will use any volume of alcohol to try to make an example of you and further the left's agenda.

Just be safe out there. life is hard enough without making it harder!!

This is my moral dilemma. I don't look for fights... I'd even call my self a "peace loving" individual who understands the rest of the world isn't always on the same page. I'm tactful and cool, but we all have a line that can be crossed.

I must say I appreciate ALL of your thoughtful responses very much.

I've no kids and enjoy a good night out where I've made responsible plans to not drive once in awhile. No sugarcoating it, once in awhile I like to go out an get after it. If that's even a "maybe" I'll probably be leaving it at home. In the event that I happen to be at dinner with my carry arm on me, I'll be mindful and act according.

Thanks again. I appreciate this community's insight on the matter.

I'm in Oregon and while I don't frequent bars, I do have friends that do. If I carry I very closely moderate my intake, about a drink an hour. If I plan on drinking a little more my wife carries and she is designated driver. I guess I'm fortunate to have that luxury. Carry on gentlemen.

Very true, but you know the liberal prosecutors will use any volume of alcohol to try to make an example of you and further the left's agenda.

One of your posts talked about having a higher moral compass... If that means being aware of how your actions affect other people then I'm all for it... but is that a "higher" moral compass today ?... Sheesh! :( My folks taught me that was normal.

On the point you made re: liberal prosecutors, I keep hearing about that in different don't do this, don't do that comments. Lots of fear is letting them have all the power. Seems like if anything, anywhere, happens we are screwed anyway.

I don't carry when I drink. I stopped drinking because things like hyper vigilance amongst other issues one comes home with after the service for example, never improved but more often than not got twisted, intensified and exacerbated when drinking.

If I am being honest I learned a few really hard lessons with alcohol in my younger days. While in the service I drank a lot. I fought a lot. I made my share of bad decisions and am only here today by sheer dumb luck and being in the right/wrong place at the wrong/right time, maybe a guardian angel here and there.

I no longer tolerate drunk people well, therefore I don't go to places where drunk people are likely to be found.

I don't begrudge anyone for enjoying alcohol, I am not a prude, I just know that I appreciate ability to be cognitive and make sound decisions that will stand up in court more than I do enjoying drinks in excess.

On the other hand when camping, or on special occasions spent at home with family or close friends I WILL put the weapons away and relax with a few beers.

I especially like the Not Your Fathers Root Beer" and have been known to make a mean adult rootbeer float.....

YMMV and life is yours to enjoy as you see fit! Just remember that any time you have to use a weapon and happen to be inebriated, you WILL be placed under scrutiny that you won't enjoy by Law Enforcement and likely the Court.

I don't carry when I drink. I stopped drinking because things like hyper vigilance amongst other issues one comes home with after the service for example, never improved but more often than not got twisted, intensified and exacerbated when drinking.

If I am being honest I learned a few really hard lessons with alcohol in my younger days. While in the service I drank a lot. I fought a lot. I made my share of bad decisions and am only here today by sheer dumb luck and being in the right/wrong place at the wrong/right time, maybe a guardian angel here and there.

I no longer tolerate drunk people well, therefore I don't go to places where drunk people are likely to be found.

I don't begrudge anyone for enjoying alcohol, I am not a prude, I just know that I appreciate ability to be cognitive and make sound decisions that will stand up in court more than I do enjoying drinks in excess.

On the other hand when camping, or on special occasions spent at home with family or close friends I WILL put the weapons away and relax with a few beers.

I especially like the Not Your Fathers Root Beer" and have been known to make a mean adult rootbeer float.....

YMMV and life is yours to enjoy as you see fit! Just remember that any time you have to use a weapon and happen to be inebriated, you WILL be placed under scrutiny that you won't enjoy by Law Enforcement and likely the Court.

Kudos!!! Thank you for your service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I am having one drink then the weapon stays at home. If others think drinking and carrying is a good idea....I am glad we are free enough they have the right to make that choice.

Is that PC enough ? LOL

It's Friday. Cooking beef Taquitos and nachos. A bit of ranch..green sauce..jalepanos.
At home..getting "sloshed".....right after. TeQuilla hefe'. Jose' can you see...:s0149:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top