JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
please do tell - where ARE they going?
Well, alot of it seems to be going here:

"With $8.4 million in expenses and $21.7 million committed to local chapters, the group ended 2020 with "an approximate balance of $60 million," it stated in an impact statement.

"We are no longer a small, scrappy movement. We are an institution," the foundation boasted."

No evidence of organization here.

Yea, we all know the real truth here, and it's a waste of time to try and provide truth, real truth to someone so progressive that he dosnt have to be shown all the lies, he generates them all as he goes!
Like I said. Land of make believe.

Pot calling the kettle... Never mind.
It's not the same when it's coming from a progressive view point. Look at the progressives and what they are doing. You gotta be 21 to buy a "assault" rifle but you can decide your gender at age 5. Gender is not real and men can be pregnant and have children but only women can have a voice in regards to roe v. wade. Trump rallies deserve to be attacked and BLM/antifa "idea movements" aka riots have the first amendment right and deserve to be protected. You can't say the pledge of allegiance or pray in school but we can have drag shows where men thrust their genitalia in the face of toddlers. Is this the "progressive" party we are talking about?

I'm good being "stuck in my ways." I'll see myself out.

Well, alot of it seems to be going here:

"With $8.4 million in expenses and $21.7 million committed to local chapters, the group ended 2020 with "an approximate balance of $60 million," it stated in an impact statement.

"We are no longer a small, scrappy movement. We are an institution," the foundation boasted."

No evidence of organization here.
BLMGM - which ive been erroneously calling BLMI (thats how relevant that org is to the movement - i cant even remember what theyre called) - is one of the organizations within the movement. we've already had this debate, likely already got that thread locked up, but im just gonna reiterate nobody gives a shìt about that org. i dont know who is giving them money, i dont know what theyre doing with the money - they ARENT giving it to their chapters to spend on the cause. my guess is its going into the pockets of the founders. in the grand scheme of things, thats really not even that much money tho- three mansions for three founders would easily eat that all up.

any org can claim to support or even lead any movement. do the boogaloo bois speak for you or lead right wing movements? theyre an org, some conservatives like them, some dont, most dont even know anything about them. samesies for all these orgs on the other side.

It's not the same when it's coming from a progressive view point. Look at the progressives and what they are doing. You gotta be 21 to buy a "assault" rifle but you can decide your gender at age 5. Gender is not real and men can be pregnant and have children but only women can have a voice in regards to roe v. wade. Trump rallies deserve to be attacked and BLM/antifa "idea movements" aka riots have the first amendment right and deserve to be protected. You can't say the pledge of allegiance or pray in school but we can have drag shows where men thrust their genitalia in the face of toddlers. Is this the "progressive" party we are talking about?

I'm good being "stuck in my ways." I'll see myself out.
lol none of this bullshït actually exists outside conservative media and the minds of conservatives

i also love, LOVE the hypocrisy of pulling one-off events of questionable authenticity and trying to pass it off as representative of your opposition, all while telling the world mass/school shootings are one-off events so they dont count.

which i totally agree with. you cant have thy cake and eat it too, tho. either statistically irrelevant events are irrelevant or they arent - gotta choose.

Not worth your time. He's obviously much more "evolved" than us…… we just can't understand. It's sad we have someone here defending Antifa and BLM and basically praising the actions they have taken in the streets of Portland and across the Nation. For all we know this guy was rocking a hoodie and throwing Molotov Cocktails at cops while he scored a fresh pair of Nike Airforce ones. Dawg… GTFOH

Oh wait I forgot BLM is just an "idea" and antifa only has 3 members. There's no way it was them.
No, he's just a Master-Baiter and you guys keep taking the bait. It's like listening to camela try to speak coherently. Smarten up would ya'?

No, he's just a Master-Baiter and you guys keep taking the bait. It's like listening to camela try to speak coherently. Smarten up would ya'?
another outspoken conservative member who also cant answer the question.

why isnt it weird to you guys that you cant? doesnt it seem like you should be able to? please - just connect the dots in your mind... what policies and actions taken by these classifications of people have directly caused or substantially contributed to portlands decline? spell it out.

you cant... and i think yall realize the reason is that its a complex and complicated socioeconomic situation that has a myriad of causes and contributors, and you dont understand most of them. and i dont pretend to fully grasp it all either - but i can at least recognize its in no way as simple as pointing at members of my own class with different ideologies and saying "its all ur fault, even though im just not exactly sure why!"

we're in the midst of class warfare, and that war is being fought with construct social conflict as the ammo, and democrats and republicans as the proverbial fodder.

funny how both yall still have to keep your day jobs tho... still gotta slave away for dollars of ever decreasing value to buy products being artificially inflated and pay ever increasing housing costs while the billionaires continue to gobble up hoards of wealth they did nothing other than manipulate and exploit BOTH ur assses to gain. all while convincing you the other is the problem.

wake tf up.

Liberal leadership did nothing while BLMers and antifa low lifes rioted and destroyed the city. They could have accepted federal help, Trump offered a larger response, but they refused. They could have kept the oregon national guard around longer and stopped the low lifes from trashing the city, but no.

Liberal leadership chose to take their usual all talk, do nothing approached and everything fell apart. And now? They have stood by and done nothing to revitalize the city destroyed by BLM and Antifa rioting, boarded window after boarded window. Graffiti and smashed glass everywhere.

They are the leadership, their inaction is the direct link. They call the shots, and stood by and did absolutely nothing, and still do nothing. So, yes, it i liberal leadership fault for BLM and Antifa's actions.

You're welcome to prove how liberal leaders are not at fault, how their amazing leadership stopped the BLMer s and Antifa crowds from closing down streets, looting businesses, setting buildings on fire, rioting night after night. Because every boarded up window and business downtown is the fault of failed liberal leadership doing nothing.

Liberals run Portland.

What have liberals done about the homeless? the tents, RVs, trash everywhere? NOTHING
What have liberals done about the increasing violent crime and murders? NOTHING
What have liberals done about the rampant theft and robberies? NOTHING
What have liberals done about the ineffectiveness of calling 911? NOTHING
What have liberals done about the ineffectiveness of law enforcement? NOTHING
What have liberals done to bring law and order back to Portland? NOTHING
What have liberals done to fix the city? NOTHING

Instead... their solution, make a new tax that... do NOTHING. That homeless tax? I don't see people being housed, so they temporarily move a homeless camp, it pops up a week later.

Liberal leadership... let's put out more traffic barrels, and put up more signs telling people they can't break the law they won't enforce.

Hey Liberals, how is it working out in Seattle? San Fransisco? Los Angeles? Chicago? New York? Oh yeah, you idiots are fleeing the crap holes you created and only creating new crap holes everywhere else you go.
You are correct but I believe that it is more accurate to replace "Liberals" with Ted Wheeler, Jo Ann Hardesty, the rest of the Portland City Commission, and Multnomah County DA Mike Schmidt.

While every one of them has "Police Panic Buttons" installed in their homes, (At Taxpayer's Expense) which provides them with Priority Police Protection they have denied this protection to about 800 Thousand residents of Portland.

This is an example of demonstrable hypocrisy.

The least they all could do is to demonstrate their commitment to their own policy's by having their family's live under the same conditions that they have forced upon their constituents.

Last Edited:
BLMGM - which ive been erroneously calling BLMI (thats how relevant that org is to the movement - i cant even remember what theyre called)
Perhaps it's just evidence of how poorly informed you are.

i dont know what theyre doing with the money - they ARENT giving it to their chapters to spend on the cause.
So you admit that there are chapters, and therfore the movement is organized. We're making progress, dawg.

Your "movement" was astroturfed from the start. From Wikipedia:

"During 2014 protests in Ferguson Garza, Cullors, and Tometi organized "Freedom Rides" to Ferguson. 500 people would sign up and travel to Ferguson in these "Freedom Rides". Protesters throughout Ferguson would adopt the slogan "Black Lives Matter" throughout the months-long protests.[25] The organization's involvement in protests in Ferguson and the slogan's popularity brought the organization and the Black Lives Matter movement to national attention. New found popularity sparked a rise of other Black Lives Matter organizations that were independent of the BLMGN, as well as new chapters of the BLMGN forming in other cities.[27]"
any org can claim to support or even lead any movement. do the boogaloo bois speak for you or lead right wing movements? theyre an org, some conservatives like them, some dont, most dont even know anything about them.
That's really a stretch, dawg.

B, would you agree that a state governor doling out 10's of millions of covid relief money- but only to businesses owned by one race in particular- is institutional racism?

B, would you agree that a state governor doling out 10's of millions of covid relief money- but only to businesses owned by one race in particular- is institutional racism?
Just like in Mao Zedong's China in the early 60's we need to have you sit on a chair in the middle of Pioneer Square and several hundred Leftists can "Struggle" against you for your insensitivity in suggesting that the pay back racism in the policies of Kate Brown is not warranted.

You have much to learn weedhopper,....:s0113:

Perhaps it's just evidence of how poorly informed you are.

So you admit that there are chapters, and therfore the movement is organized. We're making progress, dawg.

Your "movement" was astroturfed from the start. From Wikipedia:

"During 2014 protests in Ferguson Garza, Cullors, and Tometi organized "Freedom Rides" to Ferguson. 500 people would sign up and travel to Ferguson in these "Freedom Rides". Protesters throughout Ferguson would adopt the slogan "Black Lives Matter" throughout the months-long protests.[25] The organization's involvement in protests in Ferguson and the slogan's popularity brought the organization and the Black Lives Matter movement to national attention. New found popularity sparked a rise of other Black Lives Matter organizations that were independent of the BLMGN, as well as new chapters of the BLMGN forming in other cities.[27]"

That's really a stretch, dawg.
you really cant understand the difference between a social movement and orgs involved in/piggybacking the movement? its just not that hard

I'm just barely sticking my nose into this convo to say that I think that you are thinking that the other posters are attacking the idea/movement of police reform, where the other posters are saying that the organizations/actors involved in the movement are at fault, which you seem to be agreeing with here.

Now I shrink back into the hedge like a Homer meme to watch the discussion.

*edited to say that this is in reply to B's post from above.

you really cant understand the difference between a social movement and orgs involved in/piggybacking the movement? its just not that hard
Sounds to me like you got it backwards, dawg.

I can understand the difference. We just disagree on the relative importance of each. IMO, the "movement" would be nowhere without the organization and/or organizations. But at least you have moved off of the preposterous position that there is/are no organization(s) involved, and I consider that progress. :s0155:

I'm just barely sticking my nose into this convo to say that I think that you are thinking that the other posters are attacking the idea/movement of police reform, where the other posters are saying that the organizations/actors involved in the movement are at fault, which you seem to be agreeing with here.

Now I shrink back into the hedge like a Homer meme to watch the discussion.

*edited to say that this is in reply to B's post from above.
i appreciate the attempt at diplomacy

i think we're mostly all talking past each other, as usual. its not my perception that these gents are arguing against police reform, and i do not agree that organizations are at fault for the decline of portland. its my contention that these orgs the Right is blaming for the decline are largely irrelevant, but convenient scapegoats of a sort. the Right wont acknowledge the inequities of society or the need for socioeconomic revolution, and instead whenever anything goes to shït just fall back to blaming "libtards." as if simple answers can be had to infinitely complex problems.

and again, again, again - the Left does the exact same bubblegum w regard to conservatives. conservatives are definitely social dead weight, but thats about all they are. they arent the cause or even major contributors to the current decline in this country. matter fact, i feel pretty strongly that if the whole country woke up tomorrow completely converted to american conservstive ideology, the system would pretty much work just fine. thered be a HELL of a lot of institutional injustice - it'd look a lot like 1930s germany - but it would work fine for the majority white christian nationalists.

not a society most of us want to live in anymore, though, so not happening. snap out that dream, boys.

nope, never said there were no orgs.
You got a short memory, dawg.

Post # 106:

"but ill restate the fact that while antifa is almost something like an organization with some level of structure and leadership, blm is an idea- not an organization. while there have been physical, "card carrying" members of antifa attempting to physically influence protest events and do things, blm is ...... again ..... an idea. a social collective idea."

"i feel very confident that the sole piece of evidence any of you could ever have, aside from tucker carlson just saying its so, is the blacklivesmatterinternational website. an organization that may or may not have any level of funding or actual organization. seems just as likely to be a conservative shill website,"

May or may not have any level of funding? Just $90 million in 2020, per their own documents

How confident? Wanna walk that back a little bit, dawg? Come on, dodge and weave some more.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top