JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And just think, the kiddie-diddlers in charge want MORE coyotes, wolves, bears and other Dangerous Game free-roaming the region...
But NO BULLFROGS!

Ran into a greenie/earth muffin earlier in the summer and she was buying up some stuff to make bullfrog catching devices.

Seems bullfrogs are NOT indigenous to Oregon (and essentially all of the Western US) but according to her they were threatening certain fish species, other aquatic life and possibly all of humanity and THEY HAD TO GO!

She was part of some sort of Anti bullfrog elimination organization project and was certain with 'everybody's help' they would eventually eliminate them.

So while I just let her ramble on the convo somehow got into the introduction of other 'non indigenous' species (yes, I addressed the wolves) but oh man, and with that she said 'This conversations over' and walked off.

Kind of let me know where she stood on that issue....

Eastern Gray Squirrels are technically "invasive species" too... and bullfrogs are better neighbors than Democrats.

(That said... come looking to make trouble for my little buddy, expect a very hot and spicy reception from the Unwelcoming Committee. Lefty EARNS his keep as a working animal.)

But NO BULLFROGS!

Ran into a greenie/earth muffin earlier in the summer and she was buying up some stuff to make bullfrog catching devices.

Seems bullfrogs are NOT indigenous to Oregon (and essentially all of the Western US) but according to her they were threatening certain fish species, other aquatic life and possibly all of humanity and THEY HAD TO GO!

She was part of some sort of Anti bullfrog elimination organization project and was certain with 'everybody's help' they would eventually eliminate them.

So while I just let her ramble on the convo somehow got into the introduction of other 'non indigenous' species (yes, I addressed the wolves) but oh man, and with that she said 'This conversations over' and walked off.

Kind of let me know where she stood on that issue....
Wolves were indigenous to pretty much all of the continental US with the exception of parts of California. However they were pretty much eradicated by the 1960s.

Wolves were indigenous to pretty much all of the continental US with the exception of parts of California. However they were pretty much eradicated by the 1960s.
I've read that the wolves introduced into Oregon are not the same type of wolf that was originally here. I'm no biologist though, so take it for what it's worth. A guy can read a lot of things.

I've read that the wolves introduced into Oregon are not the same type of wolf that was originally here. I'm no biologist though, so take it for what it's worth. A guy can read a lot of things.
Oh yeah all the original wolves are long gone. Nearly all wolves in the continental US were wiped out by European settlers.

Kind of a casualty of modernization of the human species. Hard to live in harmony with predator species while raising livestock and hard to have a civilization while being hunter gathers.

It is was it is I reckon.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads