JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Don't dial 911...dial 1911...they can clean up the mess later.

That's fun to talk about, but not realistic. Unfortunately. They drill your tanks and cut your cats, etc, in the middle of the night.

And I'm sure the feckless crew at city hall would find the people to try and convict someone ridding the earth of scum.

That's fun to talk about, but not realistic. Unfortunately. They drill your tanks and cut your cats, etc, in the middle of the night.

And I'm sure the feckless crew at city hall would find the people to try and convict someone ridding the earth of scum.
Take good aim and blow off their big toe.

Hence the reason I carry everyday all day. If I have to call 911 it's more than likely to get ahead of the ball and let them know I had to take matters into my own hands and I am giving them a courtesy call to lay a foundation of innocence. Even though that's more of a wish and I'll probably go to jail in this Liberal state for slashing someone's dreams or future short….

Yeah, no bubblegum! It's been like that for almost, or just over, two years.
One our friends was unfortunate enough to be in downtown Portland on January 20, 2017. Her car was rear ended by a drunk driver two blocks over from the main anti-Trump march. She called for the police, but was told that none were available. She said to the dispatcher "I can see two dozen uniformed officers two blocks east of me. Please send one here to take a report." Nope. After 20 minutes the drunk drove away. Luckily she took photos with her cell phone and her insurance was able to locate and bill the drunks insurance for a replacement vehicle.

believe me - im not calling 911 in portland or anywhere else for that matter. LAST goddamn thing anyone needs in a crisis of any kind is a cop. take it from bad to worse before you can say "im the caller"

and the alternative is to call 911...? whats that going to do, aside from absolutely and literally nothing? they arent responding to personal property crimes at all.

Noted (from the OP's link) : at 3:13 the article in the background is from "Portland, CONN."

BUT, But, but.....in the upper right corner is "Portland, OR."

Hummmmm.......maybe the computer screen shot is just referring to Portland, OR's temp?

Aloha, Mark

Please remember if you shoot don't call and if you call don't shoot.
Nobody in my Neiborhood calls in a gunshot it doe's no good.

There's a Trimet bus stop a couple of blocks from my house. Every time a rival druggie gang spray paints their stupid yellow unintelligible gang sign on the bus stop glass enclosure wind screen, a rival gang drives by the next night and shoots all the glass to pieces.
The guy who lives right behind it, has moved out of his home because of all the 9mm rds impacting his bedroom walls and windows.
Trimet has stopped replacing the glass and now just wrap caution tape around the uprights.
There's a cop shop right up the street and they don't care enough to even stop and look anymore.

Last Edited:
My wife has the patients of a saint.
Friday she was side swiped in our 4Runner. The scumbag was on her phone. She whipped a U-turn and tried to flee. My wife was pissed and chased her down. Scumbag turned a down a dead end. Wife blocked the street. Scumbag had no insurance and was useless, tried to put it on her mom to pay up.

Long story short my wife got all the information and called non emergency. She was on hold for 2 hours and 45 minutes. Then it switched her over to the main 911 call line. The guy that answered started to ream when she had to explain it did it automatically. An officer called her back 30 minutes later and ran the information. There was nothing to go pick up the scumbag on.

Fortunately we have rock sliders on the truck and they absorbed the impact. The truck was untouched(other than the rock slider), scumbags car had a quarter panel and door that was done for.

Last Edited:
It's really interesting to see people who profess a certain political ideology that is similar to that controlling Portland and also not see that certain political ideology as the problem for why police are completely ineffectual in Portland.

While I appreciate your post, this is nothing new. This is definitely not the Portland Police Bureau's fault.

Do not forget, our trust fund liberal Mayor Ted Wheeler is in charge of The Portland Police Bureau.

While Mayor Wheeler, Jo Ann Hardesty, and every other member of the Portland City Commission, have "Police Panic Buttons" installed in their homes, (At Taxpayer's expense) that ring directly through to Portland Police Precincts they have all voted to cut Police Bureau funding denying about 800 thousand of their constituents police protection while they themselves have "Hyper-Police Protection!

Multnomah County DA Mike Schmidt also has a "Police Panic Button" installed in his home ensuring that his family is protected while refusing to prosecute all but the most egregious of violent crime in Portland's neighborhoods.

The least all of them could do is to demonstrate their commitment to their own policy's by having their own families live under the same circumstances that they have forced upon their 800+ thousand constituents.

But they will not because they are rank hypocrites!

I cannot help but wonder if the willfully ignorant fools who voted for these hypocrites in Portland City Government recognize the direct relationship between whom they voted for and the rampant crime in Portland.

Last Edited:
Last year around this time I spent 60 days in downtown Portland for work(yes I almost quite my job) and seen very little police presence. This last weekend I was in San Francisco for work and the police presence was mind blowing! Cops everywhere and it was very clean and didn't hardly see any homeless. I always thought cali was way worse than oregon, guess they all moved up here

This last weekend I was in San Francisco for work and the police presence was mind blowing! Cops everywhere and it was very clean and didn't hardly see any homeless.
I was also recently in San Francisco. The Union Square/Financial District and adjacent neighborhoods are cleaner and safer than the tourist areas of downtown Portland.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top