JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd love to see an average young American attempt to operate a vehicle with 3 on the tree. 😆
They wouldn't even know what it was.....I learned to drive with a 3 on the tree and a old chevy with no power steering and 3 3 speed with a granny gear. What happened to.working hard to get the things you wanted and being proud of that....now these punks just take what they want

Why are people with no jobs or places to be stealing cars anyway? It's one of the most useless crimes committed. They should go back to stealing car stereos or hubcaps.

I taught my 19 YO granddaughter to drive my 7 speed Vette. She picked it up pretty quickly, likely due to the gobs of torque on demand. She is one in a million, perhaps literally.

Many years ago when we moved to the far side of the county my commute got FAR longer. Went looking for something gas friendly intending to buy something a couple years old. Looking at Kia they had several around here a few K cheaper for new than used. Went and bought one and then found the reason. The dealers here had bought a handful of 6 speed manuals and they could not sell them as so few knew how any more. Had several that dealers had been sitting on for over a year.Great for me. :D
It was not until after I bought it I started to see how many people had never driven one. When I was a kid the drivers ED programs always had manuals since back then in one state if you took the test in an auto they restricted your license to only auto's. So few manuals made now days.

Back when I had a 19' motorhome I had a shop rig a battery cutoff that worked by a lever within reach of the drivers seat but thoroughly hidden. I always disconnected battery when leaving drivers seat. Initial reason was battery tended to drain if vehicle wasnt driven every few days. But it was also a great anti theft or anti car jacking device. The engine battery compartment itself wasn't easy to find. It was in the camper section of the motor home hidden under the floor rug, with stored stuff piled on top. The battery cutoff wasn't obvious from the battery compartment, either.

Bought a "mid life crisis" car a bit ago like that. Challenger. Has an 8 speed auto. You can set it to let you manually shift if you want the fun. Damn car is FUN to drive though. Scary fast, took a little getting use to after years of driving a little Kia. :s0140:
My BMW X1 is the first auto transmission I owned in 35 years IIRC. It is nice as a daily driver - especially in traffic. The shifting is smart, not like the autos of the old days. It has a semi manual mode (stays in a gear more or less, regardless of RPM) and a sport mode (shifts faster and at higher RPM). It is smart about deceleration too. I like the paddles and being an M-Sport Bimmer it handles nicely with enough juice to move right along - especially for an SUV (albeit a small one).

I wanted something with a DSG (manual transmission, with dual clutches but no clutch pedal - very fast shifting) - but I am satisfied with the 8 speed auto - close enough.

Back when I had a 19' motorhome I had a shop rig a battery cutoff that worked by a lever within reach of the drivers seat but thoroughly hidden. I always disconnected battery when leaving drivers seat. Initial reason was battery tended to drain if vehicle wasnt driven every few days. But it was also a great anti theft or anti car jacking device. The engine battery compartment itself wasn't easy to find. It was in the camper section of the motor home hidden under the floor rug, with stored stuff piled on top. The battery cutoff wasn't obvious from the battery compartment, either.
Used to have an old Jeep one of those cut offs kept from being taken. It was seldom used to I put a cut off on it to keep the battery live. One day as I pull in from work I notice driver door is not quite closed. I never bothered to lock it as there was noting in there and it was right in front of house. When I checked someone had gotten the ignition to turn without damaging it. Of course no power so they gave up. Having one you could reach from inside would be a GREAT little theft deterrent!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews