JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You gotta be a special kind of A Hole to attack a dog unprovoked...and especially as a means of retribution for an argument.

The problem, however, is that most states regard dogs as property and most states don't allow deadly force to protect property...but maybe Texas does??

That said, if I were on the jury, I'd have a hard time convicting the dude for protecting his dog.
Texas did have a law that you could use deadly force to protect your house and property while on your property. Not sure if that has change in recent years.

Years ago there was an incident in Texas of a retired judge shooting two guys in the back for robbing his neighbors house. I believe it fell under that law and he was acquitted. But him being a judge probably helped.

Many years ago, I worked with a guy who told a story about his grandfather Wardell (in Texas). It involved a neighbor's dog who wouldn't stop barking. So Wardell went into his house, retrieved his gun, looked over the fence and shot the dog. That evening, Wardell was outside and happened to see his neighbor. The neighbor said, "Can you believe it, somebody shot my dog today while I was gone." Wardell looked at the neighbor, and with a straight face said, "What kind of a man would shoot another man's dog?"

I guess Wardell was a character. He had no legs, both had been amputated. His old car was equipped with hand controls that he'd made himself.

Not being a dog person, I can't say how I would react in this situation. But, as a cat person, I can say: this is why ALL cats I've ever had stay indoors at all times, and are never allowed outside for any reason. It's safer for the environment and the cat. And an added bonus that I don't have to worry about some psycho coming up and trying to kill my cat when it's outside.

That is....unless they break into my house to do it. And then killing my cat is going to be the LAST thing on their minds, I assure you of that.

Not being a dog person, I can't say how I would react in this situation. But, as a cat person, I can say: this is why ALL cats I've ever had stay indoors at all times, and are never allowed outside for any reason. It's safer for the environment and the cat. And an added bonus that I don't have to worry about some psycho coming up and trying to kill my cat when it's outside.

That is....unless they break into my house to do it. And then killing my cat is going to be the LAST thing on their minds, I assure you of that.
Same. Folks let their cats and small dogs outside around here and the coyotes have specialized in hunting this prey. You'll see missing cat and dog posters in abundance in neighborhoods, especially here as I live adjacent to a wildlife area.

Same. Folks let their cats and small dogs outside around here and the coyotes have specialized in hunting this prey. You'll see missing cat and dog posters in abundance in neighborhoods, especially here as I live adjacent to a wildlife area.
I live in a trailer park and there are tons of cats out here, despite management's rules and "we'll take care of it" crap. During the summer, when the windows are open, you can hear them late at night yowling as they either fight with one-another, or an angry opossum.

Strangely enough, it doesn't seem to affect the rat population. Had a giant one pop out at me from my hallway into my living room earlier this year and it took a contractor and some chicken wire to stop them from coming in. Added bonus: the cats stopped crawling under the house to piss and bubblegum all over the place, and the smell went away too.

I hate this place. First chance I get I'm outta here.

You'll see missing cat and dog posters in abundance in neighborhoods, especially here as I live adjacent to a wildlife area.
Oh man, same here in the rural areas around LaPine as well.

Best one was couple years ago, lost dog, owner literally had professional posters made up (with a pic) to post all over, at the local stores bulliten boards, power poles outside of town etc. but the best part was this on it, '$500 reward - NO QUESTIONS ASKED' . Yea like someone 'kidnapped' their dog and was holding it for ransom.

I felt like calling the person and telling them the cougars & coyotes ain't lookin' for a reward....

Oh man, same here in the rural areas around LaPine as well.

Best one was couple years ago, lost dog, owner literally had professional posters made up (with a pic) to post all over, at the local stores bulliten boards, power poles outside of town etc. but the best part was this on it, '$500 reward - NO QUESTIONS ASKED' . Yea like someone 'kidnapped' their dog and was holding it for ransom.

I felt like calling the person and telling them the cougars & coyotes ain't lookin' for a reward....
I have a aunt that every year during the holidays she was just ruthless about how bad a person I was and that I was heartless for killing those poor predators......well one Christmas she showed up without her little lap dog.....her little ankle bitter was ripped off the leash right in front of her by a coyote in portland. Guess who hates predators now and I never heard another word about my job

The Coyotes live VERY well around humans because we supply them with lots of food.To them pets are just another source of easy food. They are very smart critters and soon learn how to live very close to the humans who feed them.

The Coyotes live VERY well around humans because we supply them with lots of food.To them pets are just another source of easy food. They are very smart critters and soon learn how to live very close to the humans who feed them.
Urban coyotes can be some of the hardest to trap/shoot. The surroundings make it the most difficult, they are not as cautious of human scent like coyotes in the farmlands

Urban coyotes can be some of the hardest to trap/shoot. The surroundings make it the most difficult, they are not as cautious of human scent like coyotes in the farmlands
I live on 60 Arches and some of them come here to hunt regularly. I feed the wild Rabbit population here to keep them well fed so they leave my chickens and my dogs alone. I have made it clear to them that the area around my home is a no go zone and they pretty much learn. I catch one on motion detection camera now and then but they are passing by and do not stop. So we live in harmony so far :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top