JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's called justice.
Yep! Many may not "like it" but it is exactly that. I keep hearing all kinds of excuses for her but when I read on multiple news sites I can't find it in me to feel for her. She was not some "average citizen" walking into this place after a long day. I often work the kind of hours she did. I can NOT see myself doing this. She was a Cop. She had a lot of training. She had been a Cop for several years. She obviously was in a job she had no business being in. No matter how you slice this "I" can't see it as anything other than what she got. If she is at the door, back away. If she was far enough in the wrong home that she felt cornered? How do you not only walk on wrong floor, wrong numbers, wrong home, wrong furnishings, yet get far enough to feel cornered? Since this happened last year I keep reading all these excuses. Looks like she was held to a higher standard because of her job. If people like her want this job, maybe they should think about that before taking the job. Also they kept making a big deal of the long shift. So on her last hour of her shift is she saying she would have just dusted some innocent person like this? How many hours is the shift supposed to be until you are "no longer safe to have a firearm"? Yes it's sad for her and the victim but I can't find it in me to feel bad for her.

".........5 to 99 years". WTF, why 5?!
Every state has different laws on how this stuff works. Often when you read some of these they seem to make little sense. MANY laws and regulations make little sense. Given many of the people you see in the news who make laws? It's of little surprise we end up with laws that make little sense. :(

That's called justice.

Justice would have been manslaughter which was an option. Does anyone actually think that she is anything other than a grossly incompetent moron? I think they came back with the harsher verdict to avoid the wrath of of BLM which is unfortunate.

That being said, if they sentence her to the lower end of the guideline (5-99yrs), she absolutely deserves it. 10-15, out in 7 seems about right.

Justice would have been manslaughter which was an option. Does anyone actually think that she is anything other than a grossly incompetent moron? I think they came back with the harsher verdict to avoid the wrath of of BLM which is unfortunate.

That being said, if they sentence her to the lower end of the guideline (5-99yrs), she absolutely deserves it. 10-15, out in 7 seems about right.
"I think they came back with the harsher verdict to avoid the wrath of of BLM which is unfortunate." Why? You think she deserves less? Not sure I follow everything you wrote.

I say she should get death, being Texas and all.

That being said, if they sentence her to the lower end of the guild line (5-99yrs), she absolutely deserves it. 10-15, out in 7 seems about right.
Since she will most likely get at least several years, she will have lots of time to have lawyers work judges on this point. If she is given a long stretch and can stay out of trouble in prison, down the line some judge can and very well may, chop time off and let her go. By then the public passion will have faded. My main take on this is people who were hired in her line of work who are as incompetent as she is may want to dust off that resume and look for another job. It's a really bad time to be in that line of work, often feel bad for the ones who are in it. People like her just make it even harder for those who are good at it though. Want to take that job? You should expect to be held to a higher standard.

I don't see how BLM has anything to do with it. Yes, some made statements about justice for others shot by LEO. But the fact is she murdered an innocent man in his own home while he was just trying to enjoy a bowl of ice cream. I don't care what the excuses were. She shot and killed him in cold blood, and admitted it to the jury.

Race has nothing to do with the facts.

Why? You think she deserves less?

Correct. Murder would mean that she knew full well that she was in the wrong apartment and still made a conscious decision to kill this man. That doesnt make sense to me that she would make the decision to kill this man that she had zero motive to.

I've been in these buildings where every floor is identical and could see how someone with poor powers of perception, who is preoccupied, could get confused.

That doesn't mean she should get a pass. Manslaughter is appropriate, like I sad. She should spend some years behind bars because you can't run around with your head up your bubblegum to the point where people die.

I don't see how BLM has anything to do with it. Yes, some made statements about justice for others shot by LEO. But the fact is she murdered an innocent man in his own home while he was just trying to enjoy a bowl of ice cream. I don't care what the excuses were. She shot and killed him in cold blood, and admitted it to the jury.

Race has nothing to do with the facts.

You dont see how the intimidation tactics and violence and riots perpetrated by this group could sway a potential jury?

I've been in these buildings where every floor is identical and could see how someone with poor powers of perception, who is preoccupied, getting confused.

Sorry dude, but I call BS. Her key didn't work, the door was clearly marked and he had a red door mat where she did not. When he opened the door it was CLEARLY not her residence. She drew her weapon, supposedly shouted some commands and then lined up her sights and pulled the trigger. Twice.

Then stood there on the phone with EMS and never even attempted first aid. She had supplies with her on the scene and didn't touch them.

F her. She MURDERED that poor guy.

Sorry dude, but I call BS. Her key didn't work, the door was clearly marked and he had a red door mat where she did not. When he opened the door it was CLEARLY not her residence. She drew her weapon, supposedly shouted some commands and then lined up her sights and pulled the trigger. Twice.

Then stood there on the phone with EMS and never even attempted first aid. She had supplies with her on the scene and didn't touch them.

F her. She MURDERED that poor guy.

I thought the door was ajar and the lights were off?

Correct. Murder would mean that she knew full well that she was in the wrong apartment and still made a conscious decision to kill this man. That doesnt make sense to me that she would make the decision to kill this man that she had zero motive to.

I've been in these buildings where every floor is identical and could see how someone with poor powers of perception, who is preoccupied, could get confused.

That doesn't mean she should get a pass. Manslaughter is appropriate, like I sad. She should spend some years behind bars because you can't run around with your head up your bubblegum to the point where people die.
Okay. I am mature enough to understand your argument.

A life is lost of an individual who likely may have always been a model citizen, and killed by someone who is supposed to "serve and protect." Just saying.

I thought the door was ajar and the lights were off?

The details of that have changed several times. Who really knows. Were the hallway lights off too so she couldn't see the apartment number or the red mat? How about the parking garage lights? Were they off too so she couldn't tell what floor she parked on? :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top