JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The details of that have changed several times. Who really knows. Were the hallway lights off too so she couldn't see the apartment number or the red mat? How about the parking garage lights? Were they off too so she couldn't tell what floor she parked on? :rolleyes:
Since this happened last year I have read all these different "versions" of this and none of them work for me. She was a Cop, had been a Cop for years, I expect better. She drew and fired. No matter which version of the events I hear I can't feel she got a bad deal. As mentioned she will most likely have plenty of time for the justice system to cut her some slack later if the system feels she deserves it.

Since this happened last year I have read all these different "versions" of this and none of them work for me. She was a Cop, had been a Cop for years, I expect better. She drew and fired. No matter which version of the events I hear I can't feel she got a bad deal. As mentioned she will most likely have plenty of time for the justice system to cut her some slack later if the system feels she deserves it.

I hope the family can find some peace and closure, and I hope she can as well.

The details of that have changed several times. Who really knows. Were the hallway lights off too so she couldn't see the apartment number or the red mat? How about the parking garage lights? Were they off too so she couldn't tell what floor she parked on? :rolleyes:

If that is the true version and she came home and noticed that what she thought was her front door was open, she probably wasn't looking at the floormat.

I just can't wrap my head around the idea of her murdering this guy that she didnt know for no reason. I think people are generally stupider than they are evil, si that's the way I tend to lean, but evil is out there, so who knows.

If that is the true version and she came home and noticed that what she thought was her front door was open, she probably wasn't looking at the floormat.

I just can't wrap my head around the idea of her murdering this guy that she didnt know for no reason. I think people are generally stupider than they are evil, si that's the way I tend to lean, but evil is out there, so who knows.
Evil is out there for sure, and many seem to wear a uniform. And remember, evil has tunnel vision.

Evil is out there for sure, and many seem to wear a uniform. And remember, evil has tunnel vision.

I of course know nothing about her but I doubt she was evil. Everything about this points to incompetence. That she was hired for a job she had no qualifications for other than her gender. If she was some racists or just the kind of person who enjoyed killing she sure as hell did a poor job of committing the crime. From the looks of this, working in a large city like that, it's kind of surprising it took her this long to really step in it. Kind of surprised she did not panic and shoot someone before this.

I of course know nothing about her but I doubt she was evil. Everything about this points to incompetence. That she was hired for a job she had no qualifications for other than her gender. If she was some racists or just the kind of person who enjoyed killing she sure as hell did a poor job of committing the crime. From the looks of this, working in a large city like that, it's kind of surprising it took her this long to really step in it. Kind of surprised she did not panic and shoot someone before this.

Maybe that's a better way of putting it.

Maybe that's a better way of putting it.
Hadn't thought of it till just now but would be curious. Would be interesting to find out what she had been doing the last 4 years. All large PD's have a LOT of LEO's who are some kind of "office worker". I am just now wondering if this lady had some paper push job for most of her time. May be the only reason it took her 4 years to panic and shoot someone. I can't see her being on patrol in that city for years then pull this.

I thought the door was ajar and the lights were off?

Her testimony was that she reached to put her key in the door and found the door was ajar. I don't remember reading anything about the lights. But I haven't followed this closely.

Evil is out there for sure, and many seem to wear a uniform.

Can we please not use this incident as yet another excuse for a thread to degenerate into cop-bashing generalizations? Hmmmmmmmmmm????? She brings enough dishonor w/o us adding to it and reflecting poorly on this forum and it's other members.

Can we at least agree that whether the lights were on or off or the door was ajar or she fumbled with the key the inescapable fact is that she could see well enough to determine that another human being was in what she thought was her apartment brandishing ice cream.

She had ZERO business pulling the trigger because she did not know what the bubblegum she was shooting at!

That probably does equal manslaughter because Malice is required for murder.

You cannot commit murder if you don't have the slightest clue what the bubblegum you are doing.

Her testimony was that she reached to put her key in the door and found the door was ajar. I don't remember reading anything about the lights. But I haven't followed this closely.

Can we please not use this incident as yet another excuse for a thread to degenerate into cop-bashing generalizations? Hmmmmmmmmmm????? She brings enough dishonor w/o us adding to it and reflecting poorly on this forum and it's other members.
I wish I could but too many dead victims "fit the description." And these dead victims who turn out to be innocent, well,....the killers seem to walk away with only a slap on the wrist. [Sighs]

I wish I could but too many dead victims "fit the description." And these dead victims who turn out to be innocent, well,....the killers seem to walk away with only a slap on the wrist. [Sighs]

Like I believe you wish you could.

In my experience there are very few dead "victims" of police actions. In fact, I can think of only two, well, 3 now (although she WAS off duty). (Make it four, I forgot about that guy that shot the Aussie lady out the patrol car window.) All others took some kind of action that brought about their own demise.

People fall for the crap that is pushed by perps, defense attorneys, media, BLM, etc etc etc. Not me.

I'll take your response more seriously when I see you giving equal time to the cops that are saving lives every day while putting their own lives in jeopardy!!!

Now, I'm asking the mods... is the topic here how this officer killed a man, or is it how cops kill innocent people all the time?????????

Last Edited:
You cannot commit murder if you don't have the slightest clue what the bubblegum you are doing.
Judge and jury do not agree with your idea of the law. The judge and the jury both said yes you can commit murder doing what she did. Now since I did not go to law school, have never been a judge, and did not sleep at a Holiday Inn last night I have to say she was found guilty of murder. Now I have zero doubt her lawyers will use this exact argument to try to get her another bite of the apple on appeal. I am sure this will not be the last time she makes news for this. Although next time it will of course not make as much splash as it moved through courts of appeal.

Like I believe you wish you could.

In my experience there are very few dead "victims" of police actions. In fact, I can think of only two, well, 3 now. All others took some kind of action that brought about their own demise.

People fall for the crap that is pushed by perps, defense attorneys, media, BLM, etc etc etc. Not me.

I'll take your response more seriously when I see you giving equal time to the cops that are saving lives every day while putting their own lives in jeopardy!!!
:s0101::s0101:
The "we hate all Cops media" has done a bang up job with the propaganda on this. A recent great example is the LEO who just a short time ago was rear ended. He gets out of cruiser to see the kook who was driving running at him with a knife. He tried so hard to get away from said kook he almost lost his life. Finally shoots kook, it is all on video, yet we have a bunch of people there screaming for a riot.
I know the Cop must have backed into the poor guy who was on his way to college, then threw a knife at him and ordered him to pick it up by saying something about his mother being a tramp or such. Then ran after the guy with the knife, caught up with him and shot him. Because we know he was just itching to shoot some guy that day.

Let's not turn this into a Police bashing thread, it isn't the topic and we don't bash any groups including our police.

Anyone here who wants to blame LEO for all the world's problems should have either the 9 or the 1 removed from all their phones. Permanently.

The statistics simply do no bear that out. We are a nation of over 327 Million human beings. In 2018, there were 992 people shot and killed by law enforcement personnel. The racial break down is:

White: 452​
African-American: 229​
Hispanic/Latino: 164​
Other: 40​
Unknown: 107​

Every year, the overwhelming majority of fatal police shootings are ruled justified.

The woman in the original story is evil, an idiot, or both. (Based upon various news stories, I strongly suspect the idiot theory is the correct one.) Due to her gross incompetence, a young man lost his life, and she lost her freedom. But most members of law enforcement are competent professionals tasked with the very serious and difficult job of enforcing the law.

Every field has their bad actors. I can think of many individuals in my profession who did damage to others with the skills they possessed. Most of us, however, work hard and take care of our families and would never use the knowledge to cause harm.

Can we at least agree that whether the lights were on or off or the door was ajar or she fumbled with the key the inescapable fact is that she could see well enough to determine that another human being was in what she thought was her apartment brandishing ice cream.

She had ZERO business pulling the trigger because she did not know what the bubblegum she was shooting at!

That probably does equal manslaughter because Malice is required for murder.

Unless the homicide was a result of committing another crime, like residential burglary.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top