JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A Dallas police officer shot and killed a man,
after entering an apartment unit,
she believed was her own,
police said.

The whys and wherefores may prove interesting.

For those of us who are armed, it serves as a reminder to be always mindful of location.

Article said she got off on the 14th floor. Her apartment was on the 13th. She struggled with the key trying to unlock the door. Guy opens the door wearing nothing but his drawers (fumbling with the lock woke the poor guy up). She thinks he broke into her apartment and shot him dead. In his apartment.

Absolute tragedy. And she's for sure going to prison. As she should.

Article said she got off on the 14th floor. Her apartment was on the 13th. She struggled with the key trying to unlock the door. Guy opens the door wearing nothing but his drawers (fumbling with the lock woke the poor guy up). She thinks he broke into her apartment and shot him dead. In his apartment.

Absolute tragedy. And she's for sure going to prison. As she should.

ah thanks. See, you answer the door when someone trying to break in with a firearm, not boxers.

Trying to find the right meme. I think this will do:

images.jpg

I agree cop should go to jail. However, I think that mistake would be horribly easy to make. The floors were probably laid out identically. The apt was probably near the elevator so cop was thinking in terms of the second door on the right from elevator, for example, rather than looking for the number. Apartments were likely laid out identically too. But even if not, when resident/intruder opened door in response to cop fumbling at door, cop's full focus would have automatically been totally on "intruder", and neither she nor I would probably have noticed even if the apartment walls were purple polka dotted and there was no furniture. Resident was probably acting somewhat aggressive, understandably, since someone was apparently trying to break in instead of knocking. I'm guessing he was big, or he wouldn't have opened the door in response to an apparent break-in attempt. From cop's point of view, resident would be a huge crazy (semi clothed) aggressive intruder already close enough to hit or grab her.

That poor kid :(. Sounds like he had a bright future ahead of him.

"Jean grew up in St. Lucia and attended Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas, where he majored in accounting and information systems and often led campus worship services before graduating in 2016, the school said in a statement. That July, he went to work for PwC in risk assurance. The company in a statement that it was "simply heartbroken to hear of his death."

The Dallas police were already seeking a Manslaughter warrant and asking the Texas Rangers to handle then investigation. Ya I would say lady cop best look good in Orange.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top