JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Prejudicial... The perp took her Taser during a struggle when Guyger was assisting another officer.

Grabbing ANY officer's Taser away from the officer AFAIK is justification for the use of deadly force since if the taser is then used to incapacitate the officer, it puts the officer's life in jeopardy. Had she shot 10 men in justified use of force on the job in the last 10 years, it would still have no bearing on the case.

If that is the true version and she came home and noticed that what she thought was her front door was open, she probably wasn't looking at the floormat.

I just can't wrap my head around the idea of her murdering this guy that she didnt know for no reason. I think people are generally stupider than they are evil, si that's the way I tend to lean, but evil is out there, so who knows.

Yeah -- I agree. There was no way she got home thinking "I got the perfect murder plan!"

It always surprises me how unwilling people are to not realize that a mistake can be made, especially when exhausted and distracted (that's when they USUALLY happen -- people fall asleep at the wheel or text and get into an accident ALL the time). Yes, that makes them negligent and/or reckless, jerks to boot even when nothing happens. But they didn't go out trying to get into accidents. That's why we have charges like manslaughter.

Prejudicial... The perp took her Taser during a struggle when Guyger was assisting another officer.

Grabbing ANY officer's Taser away from the officer AFAIK is justification for the use of deadly force since if the taser is then used to incapacitate the officer, it puts the officer's life in jeopardy. Had she shot 10 men in justified use of force on the job in the last 10 years, it would still have no bearing on the case.

Take or present a taser or OC and you'll get shot.

Holy crap, that's the same one! Hang her, I remember reading that one too and thinking that the whole situation stunk from the beginning.

It's late and I don't have the wherewithall to dig into it - I believe this was only one incident. Charges got changed. Cop for manslaughter/murder a year for that to process does not seem unreasonable.

According to the broadcast I saw, the jury had 5 options. Up or Down on Murder, Up or Down on Manslaughter, Acquittal.

I am walking back the overcharge idea. Giving them too much credit or splashing them with my ill feelings toward Mrs. Magoo.

The statistics simply do no bear that out. We are a nation of over 327 Million human beings. In 2018, there were 992 people shot and killed by law enforcement personnel. The racial break down is:

White: 452​
African-American: 229​
Hispanic/Latino: 164​
Other: 40​
Unknown: 107​

Every year, the overwhelming majority of fatal police shootings are ruled justified.

The woman in the original story is evil, an idiot, or both. (Based upon various news stories, I strongly suspect the idiot theory is the correct one.) Due to her gross incompetence, a young man lost his life, and she lost her freedom. But most members of law enforcement are competent professionals tasked with the very serious and difficult job of enforcing the law.

Every field has their bad actors. I can think of many individuals in my profession who did damage to others with the skills they possessed. Most of us, however, work hard and take care of our families and would never use the knowledge to cause harm.
Hear! Hear!

YEP! For me it would be as simple as attack any Cop and you are fair game for becoming a bullet backstop. There are too damn many times where people attack a Cop, and since they are "unarmed" Cops do not want to use deadly force. This is great until the scum then gets the Cops gun. So attack a Cop, you get shot, sucks to be you. You chose to play stupid games and win stupid prizes.
What she did to the guy in his own apartment they gave all kinds of "reasoning" for. One they never gave was that the guy in any way attacked or even tried to attack her. He is sitting there eating for crap sake. She walks in, he stands up, she shoots him. She can enjoy prison life for a while.

Justice would have been manslaughter which was an option. Does anyone actually think that she is anything other than a grossly incompetent moron? I think they came back with the harsher verdict to avoid the wrath of of BLM which is unfortunate.

That being said, if they sentence her to the lower end of the guideline (5-99yrs), she absolutely deserves it. 10-15, out in 7 seems about right.

Law enforcement is supposed to be held to a higher standard not lesser. Lock her away for the max.

why do I care what this dude thinks? he's wrong on gun control.
He thinks that the majority of gun owners own weapons with the intent of being violent.
I guess I do want to be violent toward an 15 in AR500 plate, dueling trees, and a splatter target... but that doesn't mean we're all violent people.
He also misstates the 2nd amendment.

I get it though.. he's got the accent, the red neck beard... so people will listen to him.

He thinks that the majority of gun owners own weapons with the intent of being violent.
I guess I do want to be violent toward an 15 in AR500 plate, dueling trees, and a splatter target... but that doesn't mean we're all violent people.

I get it though.. he's got the accent, the red neck beard... so people will listen to him.

I didn't watch... usually I don't. Is it really that bad??? Why is it posted on a firearms forum??? (Enquirer minds want to know! ;))

180 degrees bassackwards, but nice try.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads