JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Probably drives a jacked up Ford pickup. With a don't tread on me and a come and take it flag flying out the bed with 2A and Trump 2024 stickers all over the back glass. Carrying outside the waistband in a serpa or uncle Mike's holster.
Well, I was going to describe him a bit differently - but not much.

I suspect he wasn't going to let his ego and 'attitudes' interfere with his bad decision to attempt to chase the guy down but sometimes discretion is the better part of valor - and the smarter move.

"Robbery by sudden snatching" means the taking of money or other property from the victim's person.

Robbery in simple terms is Assault and Theft combined. It is larceny, stealing or theft from another by force or threat of force, violence or putting fear in the victim. If the Robber uses a Firearm (gun) or deadly weapon he faces a felony of the 1st degree.

Robbery by sudden snatching does not involve any assault or threat. However it carries a stiffer penalty than plain theft.

Grabbing a purse off someone's shoulder is sudden snatching if they were not injured. Grabbing the purse that is sitting on the table, is theft.

I'm sure it was hanging out, grip stuck out for all the world to see.
Its possible he wasn't aware his shirt rode up over the gun. Common with SOB/4 oclock carry getting into and out of vehicles. I wonder if he was new to CC. Ive heard "advice" over the years to not worry about it and dont check your gun or it will draw attention to it, but probably worth it if your shirt rode up over it...

SOB carry is a great way to break/fracture your back if slammed on the ground as well. Just another reason not to carry in that position.

Add to the fact it prints heavily, hard to retain/defend, hard to draw from quickly, and is out of sight from the individual wearing it. Whether it's concealed to the outside world or not.

SOB carry is a great way to break/fracture your back if slammed on the ground as well. Just another reason not to carry in that position.

Add to the fact it prints heavily, hard to retain/defend, hard to draw from quickly, and is out of sight from the individual wearing it. Whether it's concealed to the outside world or not.
Sorry but my expensive custom made Bruce Nelson Summer Special holster says otherwise....

-sarcasm-

SOB is heavily marketed in holster designs from even high end companies. What not to use is a hurdle to overcome if someones new.

Form another article:

Witnesses told Fernandes (a news reporter) that at around 9 a.m., 17-year-old Lamarion Orr saw a gun in Dykes' waistline and grabbed it from his pants.

It would be interesting to know exactly what kind of gun it was he was carrying.

I can't help but think it was something possibly so obvious, and apparently easy to grab the kid probably didn't give it much thought.

Sorry but my expensive custom made Bruce Nelson Summer Special holster says otherwise....

-sarcasm-

SOB is heavily marketed in holster designs from even high end companies. What not to use is a hurdle to overcome if someones new.
That's cause holster companies want to make money. And what's popular on TV to a new gun owner/CHL carrier will sell. Ignorance is a hell of a money maker.

That's cause holster companies want to make money. And what's popular on TV to a new gun owner/CHL carrier will sell. Ignorance is a hell of a money maker.
Agree with you, and also think holster companies need to move on and embrace whats been learned about carry over the years. Be careful because Bruce Nelson was a very well respected officer and firearms instructor in his day and that was how many concealed back then and some still teach today. My guess is if you carried a semi back then it was more practical way to conceal carry a full size typically a 1911. IIRC even 25ish years ago holster selection and technology was in its infancy compared to what it is today.

Agree with you, and also think holster companies need to move on and embrace whats been learned about carry over the years. Be careful because Bruce Nelson was a very well respected officer and firearms instructor in his day and that was how many concealed back then and some still teach today. My guess is if you carried a semi back then it was more practical way to conceal carry a full size typically a 1911. IIRC even 25ish years ago holster selection and technology was in its infancy compared to what it is today.
Agreed. Concealed carry and the equipment/gear to follow has evolved quite a bit. Along with that crime and criminals have also evolved and have become much more rash and brazen.

There are plenty of factors to account for when carrying a firearm on a daily basis.

Agreed. Concealed carry and the equipment/gear to follow has evolved quite a bit. Along with that crime and criminals have also evolved and have become much more rash and brazen.

There are plenty of factors to account for when carrying a firearm on a daily basis.
Agree again. The article is pretty vague on it but states he snatched it from his waistline so my guess is he was IWB carry in the 4oclock (SOB) position. Its common for a shirt to ride up over the gun there getting into and out of cars. it doesn't help people suggest to not check your conceal. My first "quality" holster was an IWB, Very well made... its comfortable, but I learned quickly the worst place to carry and how easy it is for a shirt to hang up on it.

Agree again. The article is pretty vague on it but states he snatched it from his waistline so my guess is he was IWB carry in the 4oclock (SOB) position. Its common for a shirt to ride up over the gun there getting into and out of cars. it doesn't help people suggest to not check your conceal. My first "quality" holster was an IWB, Very well made... its comfortable, but I learned quickly the worst place to carry and how easy it is for a shirt to hang up on it.
Yup. Appendix for me. Only appendix. That's just me personally though.

I've had this subject come up in some of my classes over the years.

I do not recommend carrying behind the hip. It may be more comfortable etc., but it's very easy to trap the pistol and get control of it...easier yet if its open carried.

While a tragic and sad situation I hope this guy wasn't hanging out a single action six shooter for all the world to see.

Some may remember what I posted about seeing in Bend a couple years ago.....

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top