JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carry my XDM 45 on my right hip and two spare mags on my left. I do not worry about printing I usually wear a button-up shirt opened over the top of them it's hard to see them
I have a close relative who has an issue .38 Special. He recently had to run off 5 potential bad guys from a closed for the day facility....he realized if it got real he literally could not miss. So he is looking at XDM. I looked at one as well. I liked what I held at the GS.

Brutus Out

I have open carried for many years, I only ever had one slight altercation because of it. I was waiting in line at an auto parts store, when the punk behind me insisted on my attention, and said "I bet me & my friend can take that gun away and kick your @ss before you can do anything about it" as I turned to face the punk, everyone in line behind him including his friend took a few big steps to the left. I pointed this out to him & while he was arguing with his friend for his 'defection' I got my parts and left.

When you open carry you push our agenda of having handguns accepted, way back. People then vote to have your gun totally taken away, and now you have no carry, not even concealed carry. It places undue fear in people and police think your a jerk, wasting their time on you. They do have a point, they don't know what you might be up to, you could be ready to shoot people at the movies. There is absolutely no need to open carry, this is not 1850, it is 2016. Carry but do it in a hidden manner. You're not proving anything by open carry—in this day and age.

You come into the mall, all manly and open carry. It's crowded and a guy comes in carrying a long package. He sees you and your gun, and whips out his AR-15, which was hidden by the way, and blows you away first, before he shoots others. By open carry, you aggravate the police when you don't have to.

True story—A guy walked around, manly, with open carry. A guy comes up to him and points a old gun at him and say's, "I like your gun, give it to me." So he lost his gun simply because he "thought" he was proving a point by carrying his gun open.

Criminals get the upper hand many times for one reason only, they carry their gun concealed. We would be off to copy their example. Please think hard, open carry need only to in-steal fear into one person, to have your world fall apart. We will never be like the 1850's anymore, you should accept that. I carry my gun concealed and I never have to worry about it. If you're young, and I think you are, think very hard about the results of open carry.
Sifu

Hmm... I'm a 1911 guy. But being headed for rotator cuff surgery, maybe I should swap my 8+1 (with Wilson or McCormick mags) Kimber Pro Carry .45 for our 13+1 XD/M 4.5 in the same caliber. Or maybe I should just learn a one hand reload. Eddie Murphy did it with his Hi-Power in Beverly Hills Cop. ;)

When you open carry you push our agenda of having handguns accepted, way back. People then vote to have your gun totally taken away, and now you have no carry, not even concealed carry. It places undue fear in people and police think your a jerk, wasting their time on you. They do have a point, they don't know what you might be up to, you could be ready to shoot people at the movies. There is absolutely no need to open carry, this is not 1850, it is 2016. Carry but do it in a hidden manner. You're not proving anything by open carry—in this day and age.

You come into the mall, all manly and open carry. It's crowded and a guy comes in carrying a long package. He sees you and your gun, and whips out his AR-15, which was hidden by the way, and blows you away first, before he shoots others. By open carry, you aggravate the police when you don't have to.

True story—A guy walked around, manly, with open carry. A guy comes up to him and points a old gun at him and say's, "I like your gun, give it to me." So he lost his gun simply because he "thought" he was proving a point by carrying his gun open.

Criminals get the upper hand many times for one reason only, they carry their gun concealed. We would be off to copy their example. Please think hard, open carry need only to in-steal fear into one person, to have your world fall apart. We will never be like the 1850's anymore, you should accept that. I carry my gun concealed and I never have to worry about it. If you're young, and I think you are, think very hard about the results of open carry.
Sifu

I'm 51 years old and you make me wanna call you some very bad things

I really don't expect to need it, but it is something of a reassurance to carry 16 rounds of 180 gr. .40S&W Ranger in the M&P40 on my hip and another 15-round mag close at hand.

I feel this is a reasonably sufficient caliber and a reasonably sufficient capacity. The platform performs with great reliability, accuracy, and is comfortable to shoot. And, it's no problem to conceal nor to carry. Of course, most of the time I know it's there, but that is not bothersome at all.

The full size S&W M&P pistols are surprisingly easy to carry concealed. It is not hard to do at all.

Actually Open carry is the true Combat Carry! I also agree that it isn't appropriate in this day and age, I would much prefer the potential baddies thinking about how many of us are armed, instead of giving them the count! While the right of free men should not be in question, common sense should dictate that open carry marks you as a target for many things, and should be avoided!

Actually Open carry is the true Combat Carry! I also agree that it isn't appropriate in this day and age, I would much prefer the potential baddies thinking about how many of us are armed, instead of giving them the count! While the right of free men should not be in question, common sense should dictate that open carry marks you as a target for many things, and should be avoided!
Amen

I'm 51 years old and you make me wanna call you some very bad things
Open carry is tactical suicide, you bring unwanted attention to your firearm which leads to escalating drama. The people who know nothing about the 2nd Amendment only see a guy with a gun, not his rights to do so, it's sending the wrong message. The people against the 2nd Amendment use stuff like this against us, and they are organized, focused with a plan.
Stop bickering, you are acting like smokers in the 80's and we know how that worked out.

Sifu
Uncle Mike here, I totally agree with CCW concept vs. open carry, for all the points you mention. It's really easy to freak-out the sheeple all around us, then you make them agree with all those legislative twats that make f-ed up laws banning mags and ammo. So Mr. Open Carry, get over your bad self!

Uncle Mike here, I totally agree with CCW concept vs. open carry, for all the points you mention. It's really easy to freak-out the sheeple all around us, then you make them agree with all those legislative twats that make f-ed up laws banning mags and ammo. So Mr. Open Carry, get over your bad self!

Open carry might just give those legislator 'twats' the heebee geebees, but the only thing that actually makes them want to ban guns are the endless criminals shooting everyone they can find.
I didn't buy the large frame guns I own so they could be forever hidden away in my safes & I will carry them as I please, as long as I am able too.

In fact the last time Mr californy objected to my carrying in the local bank, the tellers were only too glad to tell him that it was my legal right to open carry in their bank. Those same tellers became concerned when I started carrying concealed, because they thought I might not be able to defend them, if something did happen.

So if you want to carry concealed, I will hope it isn't because you are ascared of some liberals who might see you open carry and try to take your rights away.

I also hope you understand that a right no longer practiced is an extinct right that you will not have for long

I have a close relative who has an issue .38 Special. He recently had to run off 5 potential bad guys from a closed for the day facility....he realized if it got real he literally could not miss. So he is looking at XDM. I looked at one as well. I liked what I held at the GS.

Brutus Out

Xdm is a great gun...I am selling mine now to finance something else thats a bit out of my price range..lol..I will miss it but have since bought a sig 229 in 40 cal that I am currently in love with..

Open carry might just give those legislator 'twats' the heebee geebees, but the only thing that actually makes them want to ban guns are the endless criminals shooting everyone they can find.
I didn't buy the large frame guns I own so they could be forever hidden away in my safes & I will carry them as I please, as long as I am able too.

In fact the last time Mr californy objected to my carrying in the local bank, the tellers were only too glad to tell him that it was my legal right to open carry in their bank. Those same tellers became concerned when I started carrying concealed, because they thought I might not be able to defend them, if something did happen.

So if you want to carry concealed, I will hope it isn't because you are ascared of some liberals who might see you open carry and try to take your rights away.

I also hope you understand that a right no longer practiced is an extinct right that you will not have for long

It's not the right, it's that civilization has changed and guns are no longer carried in the open. I'm a small man, 5'2" and the only gun that feels real comfortable is the one I don't feel at all. It's a Ruger .380 LCP. Good luck to you.
Sifu

No disrespect intended.....but are you sure you are willing to trade comfort for security? when life is on the line I personally would rather be shooting something I am comfortable shooting not shooting something I am comfortable carrying. Again No disrespect intended

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top