JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah I don't think I'd ever carry a 10rd mag knowing it could be a 15 haha. Hell, I bought a 30rd mag a few years back as a novelty (although it IS a genuine Glock one), I'm sure a jury would LOVE that... My pocket carry PM9 holds 7rds and that thing is tiny!

If we're all forced* to have less capacity, I'd switch to .45 in a heartbeat. Because, well, science?

This is all great discussion guys, mainly my point in starting this thread. What I'm glad about is no one popping in here with evidence of a case where someone was nailed to the wall on some stupid technicality in a justified self defense scenario (not to say it's impossible).

*Forced = I have no idea, felony charges for high cap mags? Tiny cameras in our magwells? :p I wouldn't put anything past our state government...

During my experience of defensive firearm use , I was not "vilified" however...
I was harangued by a deputy sheriff for my willingness to have used my firearm , if the threat did not stop.

It seemed best to me , at that time at least , to say as little as possible...
While being cooperative.

My rifle that I used was a "as issued" / stock from the maker , vintage Marlin Model 36 in .30-30.
What bothered the deputy the most was not my rifle...but that I would have shot the man , if he continued to advance towards me , while on my property , after attacking and harming his ex , who lived next to me.

The deputy didn't really give the rifle a second look , other than to ask me if it was unloaded and how he could check to see if it was...
He just seemed incredulous that I was willing to shoot.
Luckily the local PD officers were far more understanding of the whole situation.

In any event if one is involved with defensive gun use I would say that you will be :
Judged...
Second guessed...
As well as being given "what for" , by others who respond.
That is , if my experience is anything to go by.
Andy

I was harangued by a deputy sheriff for my willingness to have used my firearm , if the threat did not stop.

While being cooperative.

My rifle that I used was a "as issued" / stock from the maker , vintage Marlin Model 36 in .30-30.
What bothered the deputy the most was not my rifle...but that I would have shot the man , if he continued to advance towards me , while on my property , after attacking and harming his ex , who lived next to me.

The deputy didn't really give the rifle a second look , other than to ask me if it was unloaded and how he could check to see if it was...
Luckily the local PD officers were far more understanding of the whole situation.

In any event if one is involved with defensive gun use I would say that you will be :
Judged...
Second guessed...
Andy
To hear your experience is disconcerting, to say the least...

To hear your experience is disconcerting, to say the least...
Yes , however.....

It was a "case of one"...so not much to go on here....
The deputy , could have been having a "bad night"...

In any event...not knowing how to operate / clear / check a lever action rifle...
While being a deputy in a rural area...What is wrong with you..? :eek: :D
Andy

not knowing how to operate / clear / check a lever action rifle...
City slicker... probably eats salsa made in New York City... :rolleyes:

Last Edited:

While being cooperative.

Judged...
Second guessed...
Andy
I'm disappointed, did you at least have a pig sticker on it?

Yeah, I seem to recall certain people in troubled areas referring to American flags on display as " white nationalist symbols " . On the fourth of July, no less
You're going to have to be more specific, just about every woke individual things that. Jokes on them, I'm an Asian dude :s0109:

Yes , however.....

It was a "case of one"...so not much to go on here....
The deputy , could have been having a "bad night"...

In any event...not knowing how to operate / clear / check a lever action rifle...
Andy
cowboy-up-or-go-sit-in-the-truck-stacy-mccafferty.jpg

You're going to have to be more specific, just about every woke individual things that. Jokes on them, I'm an Asian dude :s0109:
Joke's on you. Asians are now considered white by the Woke-sters. Check your privilege, dude...

Googled down a rabbit hole for a while, found an July 8th article about salt lake city blm. I would swear a Wisconsin or Minnesota teacher said similar around the same time.
Internet being scrubbed of non-narrative information is pretty common lately.

Well, if you have to draw your weapon and use it, you're probably going to court anyway. In for a penny, in for a pound.

Having said that, you probably won't get in trouble for using a baseball bat. But you probably will if it has nails in the business end.

So, the discussion today has accomplished two things:

One, I bought myself a silver stainless RA barrel and will sell the gold/bronze, I've actually been on the fence with it for a while looks-wise, but love the way it shoots, so hadn't done anything about it. Should look less 'modified' in a polaroid and perform the same. At the time I was building it for a range gun but it turned out to be my favorite to carry.

Two, bought an upgraded magwell and a G17 magazine for my backup mag. Because, why the hell not. In for a penny, in for a pound indeed.

At the end of the day, I need to carry a gun I am comfortable and confident with, and this fits the bill and has for some time, don't fix what ain't broke, right?

I still want a 1911 though...

If you have to use a gun to defend yourself the first thing to do is NOT start talking. Let a lawyer talk. If you are trying to claim the gun "just went off" by accident? Then maybe the modifications would matter. If the "law" sees the shoot as justified? Why would they care what was done to the gun? So if they put out a gun with no sights and a 20# trigger people would be "safer" if they have to shoot someone?? Really? If the gun is safe in your hands and you feel comfortable with it carry it. Just remember it will be taken into evidence if used. Chances are it may be there a while so make sure its not something with sentimental value.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews