JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Curious if anyone has done the Florida Concealed Carry Permit thing. According to the Intratubes, Nevada recognizes the state and the license can be completed online. I suppose my main question is fulfilling their training requirements, which is a trifle vague.

Anyone gone this route and how did you complete said? Thanks!

I suspect you've seen this but to double check, did you see the descriptions in Question 6, under Section 2 at the below...because it gives you "some" insight into what they're looking for...

I solved my Nevada problem with an Arizona permit which has a similar, slightly vague requirement. However, given that I currently reside in the People's Republic of Kommifornia, the class that is required for my CA CCW, easily met the requirement for Arizona. The initial Arizona permit was $60, plus whatever the Livescan finger printing cost (usually around $30). But everything could be done on line and the permit is good for five years. Not sure how that compares to Florida but it's probably pretty similar.

Note that some gun ranges offer CCW classes for Arizona, Utah, and/or Florida as they are the popular reciprocity permits to get. So you could call around or look on line to try and find one.

Idaho Enhanced (non resident) + Oregon = 39 states

Screenshot_20240310-224611.png

I looked into getting an ID enhanced non- resident as it covers all the states I might need except CO. But the hoops I would need to jump through were too much. I would have to make at least two and maybe a third trip into ID. The Class for it requires that it be taught by an ID LEO.[ and how many ID LEO's are living in CA?] But for those close enough to get one its a great value. DR

Interesting idea on the Arizona one. It appears the training for the Grand Canyon State can all be done online. Then apply for with the state and mail in fingerprints. If that is the case, AZ might make the most sense. (In the immediate future, I only really care about Nevada. But having other states covered doesn't hurt.)

For Nevada carry I went the Utah route, many years ago. Then a few years after than, NV started accepting Oregon CHLs, but then for some reason changed again and no longer accept OR CHLs.
Utah also gives you Washington.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR