JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which gun for his first CCW?

• G43X

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • G43

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Canik MC9

• S&W Shield 2.0

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Sig P320

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Taurus GX4

• PSA Dagger/G19 Clone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hellcat

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Sig P365

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Ruger LCP Max9

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I carry 56 rounds on me daily…..

Why 56 when you can have 64? :p :D

DCBA1AB0-6E86-48E4-B676-23AC8B3A6A4D.png

In all my years alive I've never been in a situation I've ever needed 3 magazines on me. Never been in a gun fight and probably never will. But I have had situation where I was just glad to have a pistol vs my pocket knife, especially out here in Oregon.

Even when I lived in Rockford, IL, look it up its a crap hole, I've never had a situation where I was like "man I need a bigger pistol and several magazines."

But I understand the "its better to have it and not need it vs needing it and not having it" philosophy. Just I doubt I'll ever need it.
I carried a Glock 34 for awhile. Lol. And the gun I currently carry is almost the same length as a 34…..

I guess I'm so used to it now that it doesn't really bother me anymore. But to a new person just starting to carry I would probably suggest something smaller (not a micro). Carry that until your comfortable and confident and then if you wanna try going to a bigger gun you will at least have a decent foundation.

Location, holster and belt also play a huge role in carrying a full size gun.

The best gun is the one you have on you when you need it which is why I prefer smaller pistols. I NEVER leave the house without at least an LCP on me so I suggest he start there. There isn't much clothing that I can't manage concealing a LCP with.

All of my friends that will only carry a full sized pistol rarely actually have a gun on them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top