JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am with you, aikikenjitsu.
High capacity magazines in a large caliber do you no good if they are left at home. You must actually like the gun you carry.
For me, that happens to be an insignificant little 5-shot .38.

I carry everyday.full size two extra mags.. liking the gun and being proficient with it are two very different things. This isn't a "what kind of shoes do I want to wear" This is what will best help me protect my family......If you feel good with 5 shots and feel that its enough to get you and your family home safely then that's on you. Personally I want as much as I can carry short of having a backpack on full of ammo.

Does this G21 make my rear look big?

When going into Clown Country it is the G21, and in casual situations S&W 638 with +P Cor-Bons.

Used to be a 1911 for Clown Country, but the homely Glocks' reliability capacity and no-snag design make it a real winner. I also like the wider heel in the Glocks to spread the recoil impulse a bit.

This has been the SOP since about 1983, so I guess the answer is not since then.

Does this G21 make my rear look big?

When going into Clown Country it is the G21, and in casual situations S&W 638 with +P Cor-Bons.

Used to be a 1911 for Clown Country, but the homely Glocks' reliability capacity and no-snag design make it a real winner. I also like the wider heel in the Glocks to spread the recoil impulse a bit.

This has been the SOP since about 1983, so I guess the answer is not since then.

I have to drive through "Clown Country" everyday on the way to work...45 minute commute one way... I like to hedge my bets.. I want to know I can bring to bear as much as possible to save my skin on the way home at 2 a.m. and when out with the wife and kids on the weekend I want them safe.

Unfortunately none of us live in Mayberry anymore {dating myself lol}. We the people have to save our own hides these days. There are so many of us out and about and its hard to get a cop when you need one. More and more these terror attacks are coming faster and faster. If there were more people like us that were willing to confront these types of situations when they arise then they might slow down and give us some breathing room...and some much needed credibility....just saying

I feel the pain trying to find something that you feel good enough for daily carry! My wife has had some unique problems with this! Trying to carry with a nice dress and blouse makes carry difficult! What she and I have found is not to compromise the weapon you carry, change the way you carry to allow the carry of the best pistol you your needs! She carries a S/W shield 9 mm with one extra mag, she carries it in a iwb holster under a wide dress belt! For Guys, something like this might help hide a pistol butt!

Unfortunately none of us live in Mayberry anymore {dating myself lol}. We the people have to save our own hides these days. There are so many of us out and about and its hard to get a cop when you need one. More and more these terror attacks are coming faster and faster. If there were more people like us that were willing to confront these types of situations when they arise then they might slow down and give us some breathing room...and some much needed credibility....just saying
I tried carrying a cop on my shoulders, but he became heavy very quickly, so now I carry a gun.
When seconds count, cops are only minutes away. I believe this to be 98% true.

I saw an 5.7 AR upper yesterday that made me say HMMMMMM:D. Used PS90 mags on top, had a 12 inch barrel so SBR or pistol mandatory lower. Empties drop thru mag well. Now THAT my friends is an interesting approach to carbine/pistol carry combo. FN pistol and an AR pistol with the 5.7 upper would be a sweet combo in the urban jungle IMHO. Can't speak for reliability but who doesn't like the idea of 50 rounds in a handy, compact package? and a matching pistol back up, to boot.

Brutus Out

As the saying goes, "Better any gun than no gun." :)
I don't disagree...the point I'm trying to make is...I don't want to be on my way to heaven or the other.. looking down on my body with an empty revolver thinking to myself " if I had had my sig 229 with extra mags I would be standing over them rather than them standing over me"
To quote another..." when I die let it be on a pile of brass"

I feel the pain trying to find something that you feel good enough for daily carry! My wife has had some unique problems with this! Trying to carry with a nice dress and blouse makes carry difficult! What she and I have found is not to compromise the weapon you carry, change the way you carry to allow the carry of the best pistol you your needs! She carries a S/W shield 9 mm with one extra mag, she carries it in a iwb holster under a wide dress belt! For Guys, something like this might help hide a pistol butt!
I don't think I can find a dress that matches my eyes on short notice..lol

I saw an 5.7 AR upper yesterday that made me say HMMMMMM:D. Used PS90 mags on top, had a 12 inch barrel so SBR or pistol mandatory lower. Empties drop thru mag well. Now THAT my friends is an interesting approach to carbine/pistol carry combo. FN pistol and an AR pistol with the 5.7 upper would be a sweet combo in the urban jungle IMHO. Can't speak for reliability but who doesn't like the idea of 50 rounds in a handy, compact package? and a matching pistol back up, to boot.

Brutus Out
That sounds sexy..too bad you didn't snap a pic

I was carrying a PS-90 in a messenger bag for quite some time! Very nice package with a good PDW round! I no longer carry it every day, but do keep it handy when feet dry in Injun country! I just wish some one would make a nice compact pistol in this chambering!

I was carrying a PS-90 in a messenger bag for quite some time! Very nice package with a good PDW round! I no longer carry it every day, but do keep it handy when feet dry in Injun country! I just wish some one would make a nice compact pistol in this chambering!
Would be nice...I am so thinking about a sig 226 tacops..4 20 Rd mags she comes with...mmmmmm that's alot of meat for the taters

I tried carrying a cop on my shoulders, but he became heavy very quickly, so now I carry a gun.
When seconds count, cops are only minutes away. I believe this to be 98% true.

The cops don't "protect" me, I have that covered just fine. In my case they'd only be of "practical use" (to me) to do the paperwork and file an incident report afterwards... and occasionally take care of the nuisance noise complaints I call in against my rude neighbors FIVE HOUSES away. o_O

Responsibly armed citizens ARE the first responders. ;)

I have been drooling over a new HK- mod 51/53 kit sbr for a handy little carbine to replace the PS-90. I figure I would probably break even on cost. another would be the HK-MP5/10 10 mm

Mp5 in 10 mm would be the swift vengeful hand of God! Would love to get my hands on one of those!!:s0003:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top