JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Be advised, i have a friend on highland road in the 3 zone. They stayed home to protect there property from looters and arsonists. They have put out a couple of fires while they patrol the neighborhood and chased away a couple of people who did not belong in the area and one resident blocked of the road and is only letting in people that live there.

What't next for gavin newsome? Flying around the state and standing next to dead bodies at auto accidents and declaring motorized vehicles must be abolished? Politicians are getting pretty ballsy using peoples misery and loss to push their agenda.
I wonder if he'd ever do film with himself standing in front of the homeless camps in L.A, and San Fran?

What't next for gavin newsome? Flying around the state and standing next to dead bodies at auto accidents and declaring motorized vehicles must be abolished? Politicians are getting pretty ballsy using peoples misery and loss to push their agenda.
I wonder if he'd ever do film with himself standing in front of the homeless camps in L.A, and San Fran?
Why is that @££ laughing amongst the carnage anyway?
22EE1918-5672-412B-988D-5C4FFB04B8B5.jpeg
25015141-ADFA-45EF-91FC-69E9D9322E8D.jpeg

Listening to Clackamas LE frequency. Cops in pursuit of red dodge caravan right now.

Cops were responding to report of suspicious vehicle with gas cans. Vehicle took off when cops arrived. High speed pursuit in low visibility.

9:25 AM - spike strips deployed. Vehicle apparently stopped. No further info at this time.

Last Edited:
Updates:

With the fire outlook potentially improving, Clackamas County Sheriff Craig Roberts said he is worried about another threat to life and safety: The possibility that one of the armed residents who have taken it upon themselves to patrol some evacuated areas might harm someone.

"We have a group of different individuals that … have been armed and stopping individuals within the community out there," Roberts said. "The first thing I'd ask them to do is stop that."

Sheriff's deputies have contacted a number of these people already and they have complied with requests to stop, the sheriff said.

"It's illegal to stop somebody at gunpoint, and many of the people we have seen going into these areas are actually going in to get maybe another load of their personal belongings," Roberts said. "The last thing I want to see is anything tragically happen because somebody's overreacting to something they think is criminal and it is not."

"If that behavior continues, we will have to hold those individuals accountable," Roberts said.

Hmmmm. Portland burns nightly under the cover of local police. And this Sheriff is concerned about citizens doing what the police will not?

I appreciate the warning but this is a clearly justified action by citizens protecting one another.

If there's anything good coming out of these types of announcements by the Sheriff, it's the fact that the bad guys have been put on warning that they may not survive if their intention is to loot and burn. :s0094:

Hmmmm. Portland burns nightly under the cover of local police. And this Sheriff is concerned about citizens doing what the police will not?

I appreciate the warning but this is a clearly justified action by citizens protecting one another.

If there's anything good coming out of these types of announcements by the Sheriff, it's the fact that the bad guys have been put on warning that they may not survive if their intention is to loot and burn. :s0094:
Government agencies can't or won't always take care of us, sometimes we have to do for ourselves.

Last Edited:
Government agencies can't always take care of us, sometimes we have to do for ourselves.

Sounds to me like neighbors taking care of neighbors. Self sufficiency, as opposed to some government entity to show up... Good on those neighbors for stepping up for each other. God bless them.

Sounds to me like neighbors taking care of neighbors. Self sufficiency, as opposed to some government entity to show up... Good on those neighbors for stepping up for each other. God bless them.

Well gosh ^^^, funny how when you word it THAT way it sounds like a completely different story! I have become SO jaded that I can't take ANYTHING media says to be straight truth/fact. The media has become so proficient at, (help me here I can't think of the right words?) "Soliciting emotions"? It's like reading a children's book, meant to excite and entertain the young mind. But it's the adults they're trying to influence.

I should ad, it's most of the media outlets that are doing this IMO.

Some hard lessons learned from this fire:
1. If you live on your own well, having a generator capable of running your well pump is essential. Many houses were saved because generators kept water flowing with the grid power down. Other homes were lost because the owners couldn't source a generator or didn't even know how to hook one up and had to abandon their property to the fire.
2. We NEED organized community watch groups for every community. The communities that already had such groups or were otherwise able to effectively self-organize were able to keep looters out for the most part without a lot of confusion. The communities that had random vigilantes "patrolling" just made for additional mayhem more than actual looter prevention. While the sheriff's office did an admirable job of patrolling, they couldn't be everywhere at once and some deputies were not able to report to duty because they were busy taking care of their own families.
3. People that live in the forest interface NEED to have a comprehensive fire defense plan for their property. That means keeping brush and other flammables cleared from around their buildings, a way to get water to all sides, and just don't put cedar shakes on your roof! And at least a "handshake" mutual defense agreement with neighbors along with a little thought about who has equipment that can be used to fight fires. Without state resources available, the local fire departments were completely inadequate to fight a major fire like this. It was private citizens that came together to stop the fire where the local fire crews didn't have enough equipment or personnel to do it.

Government agencies can't or won't always take care of us, sometimes we have to do for ourselves.

It wasn't just Eagle Creek. Citizens around Estacada, Colton, Molalla, Scotts Mills, Silverton and beyond all stepped in to stop this fire. I have friends and relatives in all these communities that were involved. Personally, I helped family in Scotts Mills fight fire that was threatening their house. When it became clear that local fire departments were inadequate and the state and federal government were not there to help, hundreds...probably thousands of people went back to their homes or went to help friends and relatives stop the fires. I know of one road where 7 out of 12 homes on the road were saved by only 6 regular people who worked long hours to go from house to house setting up generators, watering, clearing vegetation, and working with hand tools to keep the fire back that surrounded the houses. The local fire department abandoned the area and the fire would have without question taken all 12 homes had those people not gone back to try save their own houses and neighbors houses. I can't even describe how much more tragic all of this would have been if we had just left it to the government to take care of.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top