JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Yesterday arrived on church property and observed homeless male (HG) sleeping. Tapped the horn to announce my presence. Buildings have proper signs telling violators they will be dealt with by police. HG rolled over as if intending to stay in place. Told him to leave the property. Profanity laced threats escalated to telling me he was going to do bodily harm to me. As I was dialing 911 I stopped his advance by telling him,"going to bust a cap in your bubblegum." Considered announcing the fact of holding Conceal Carry. Briefly thought of saying I have a gun. Never imagimed "bust a cap" was in my vocabulary. Television or Hollywood has to be the source. bubblegum is a Bible word. Stopped his coming forward but not the threat. HG warned if I called police he would return to attempt revenge.

My call to 911 resulted in being told my situation was third in line. Good it wasn't an emergency. No longer enough to have weapon in truck or office. From now on it is carried. Last thing. Previouly placed a Trespass Letter on file with the City. This eliminates me or anyone from having to press charges. Any member of the church may place the call. We feed, provide assistance weekly. A HG assaulted and nearly killed a member one evening five years ago in the parking lot. The devil goes to church too.

You are saying. If the story was about another victim of a violent assault you'd have a different opinion. I gave the man every opportunity to walk away before telling his to stop his advance. In my youth I was the victim of a violent assault by three men. Put in hospital. Today a I carry a gun for self defense. And defense of others. Not a story about looking for a fight. I'm an under shepherd with a responsibility to and for the spiritual and physical welfare of people. Mind you, I am saying for me, I did the right thing. Police dealt with him. I was compassionate and have continued to pray for him. Bible teaches us to pray for those who would abuse us. Care to join me in prayer?

You are saying. If the story was about another victim of a violent assault you'd have a different opinion. I gave the man every opportunity to walk away before telling his to stop his advance. In my youth I was the victim of a violent assault by three men. Put in hospital. Today a I carry a gun for self defense. And defense of others. Not a story about looking for a fight. I'm an under shepherd with a responsibility to and for the spiritual and physical welfare of people. Mind you, I am saying for me, I did the right thing. Police dealt with him. I was compassionate and have continued to pray for him. Bible teaches us to pray for those who would abuse us. Care to join me in prayer?

God never asked, nor requires ANYONE to be a punching bag or door mat for "him". o_O

Yesterday arrived on church property and observed homeless male (HG) sleeping. Tapped the horn to announce my presence. Buildings have proper signs telling violators they will be dealt with by police. HG rolled over as if intending to stay in place. Told him to leave the property. Profanity laced threats escalated to telling me he was going to do bodily harm to me. As I was dialing 911 I stopped his advance by telling him,"going to bust a cap in your bubblegum." Considered announcing the fact of holding Conceal Carry. Briefly thought of saying I have a gun. Never imagimed "bust a cap" was in my vocabulary. Television or Hollywood has to be the source. bubblegum is a Bible word. Stopped his coming forward but not the threat. HG warned if I called police he would return to attempt revenge.

My call to 911 resulted in being told my situation was third in line. Good it wasn't an emergency. No longer enough to have weapon in truck or office. From now on it is carried. Last thing. Previouly placed a Trespass Letter on file with the City. This eliminates me or anyone from having to press charges. Any member of the church may place the call. We feed, provide assistance weekly. A HG assaulted and nearly killed a member one evening five years ago in the parking lot. The devil goes to church too.
Glad you didn't need to "bust a cap in his bubblegum." I'm not without compassion for the plight of the homeless, but not for those of them who choose to blatantly disobey the law, trespassing, destroying property and harassing or threatening law abiding citizens. :mad:

No one who is not harming anyone , should not be threatened or made to feel afraid.
Defending oneself is a natural instinct , dare I say right...

As for the fallout and potential revenge....Yep ...it could and probably will happen...keep your eyes and ears open...As well as some cameras for "off hours " recording.

A helping hand at times is needed...compassion and a kind word for our fellow man , can make a huge difference in someone's life....but not at the expense of your own life.

I am glad no one was hurt...
Andy

I understand it was a stressful situation,however I don't think it is ever a good idea to broadcast that you are carrying.
The only way someone is going to find out about any gun of mine is if the threat became physical.
I intend to never draw unless absolutely necessary IE:I'm in danger of being killed,otherwise I try to remain mostly unnoticed but very aware of my surroundings. The most you can do for someone like that is to pray for them,however there are some who are committed until death to do evil.

Last Edited:

Glad all worked out well. I commend your willingness to protect you and those in your care. My wife and I also live in Springfield and are looking for a church home, feel free to PM me your details and we may visit. I will be praying for your safety. God Bless

We all do things we normally wouldn't do in a stressful situation, I'm glad you weren't harmed and it ended peacefully. We should try and help others but likely you sensed something was awry and chose to handle the situation they way you did.

In my job, I deal with the homeless on an almost daily basis. Some are decent people who made some poor choices, a few had rotten luck, and some are bad people, who like to try to get their way through force and intimidation. Sounds like you handled the situation well. This particular guy may think twice before he tries to bully someone in the future.

We all do things we normally wouldn't do in a stressful situation, I'm glad you weren't harmed and it ended peacefully. We should try and help others but likely you sensed something was awry and chose to handle the situation they way you did.
Yes, that is why it is important to not just train your hands but also your mindset.
If you can train your mind to be calmer under stress than you are less likely to make a mistake or otherwise do something questionable.
Most people overlook this and focus on training and looking "tactical", aware of your surroundings at all times also makes you less likely to be a target. I probably stand out a little without trying because most people my age are looking at their phones 24/7 instead of what is in front of them and their surroundings. No one is perfect nor do I claim to be but I can say from personal experience that mindset is the most important.

Just remember, turning over tables and driving people out with a whip was not out of the realm of possibilities.

Sounds like you did the right thing.

Guy now knows that there are some who do carry and may reconsider threats of violence at this location.

Just remember, turning over tables and driving people out with a whip was not out of the realm of possibilities.

Sounds like you did the right thing.

Guy now knows that there are some who do carry and may reconsider threats of violence at this location.
Not necessarily, a former friend of mine attacked me a few days ago knowing I was carrying,had he attacked someone else he would have probably received a double tap. I think I acted the best I could there and I'm glad I didn't shoot though I would have been justified in doing so.
That is all I'm going to say about that unless someone wants the full story in a pm.

My point being that some people are just nuts,even people we think we can trust.

Edit: realized I didn't word this post the best,to be honest its a miracle it went as well as it did,otherwise one of us might not be here.(probably me)

Last Edited:
Full time Security Cameras can be Very helpful but they need to be HD and the images should be stored in more than one place. And, I really don't recommend telling anyone that you are carrying. Many Courts have taken such a statement and used it for a charge of Threatening or Intimidating, so...:)

Not necessarily, a former friend of mine attacked me a bit ago knowing I was carrying,had it been someone else he would have probably received a double tap. I think I acted the best I could there and I'm glad I didn't shoot though I would have been justified in doing so.
That is all I'm going to say about that unless someone wants to full story in a pm.

My point being that some people are just nuts,even people we think we can trust.

Some even attempt "suicide by CHL holder"... once had a family member come at me with a claw-hammer yelling for me to shoot them... they got a ride in the County Sheriff's car to a psych evaluation instead. ;)

Too many "nice guys" wind up taking either a ride in an ambulance or in a morgue transport. Glad you weren't hurt, but this piece of human ordure should probably be removed from the "gene pool".

No pity.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR