JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've noticed a big increase of homeless attacking people in Pdx recently. Apparently the new meth makes them very violent. I myself witnessed a guy attacking people with rocks and also cars with a steel pipe and bricks a few weeks ago. Here are 2 posted tonight on nextdoor app FYI:
B8764A7B-7443-4705-A4CB-63722FB1BE36.png
3A40F630-E523-478C-8B43-EC2ACDB798C4.jpeg
E48ED07F-2520-4860-97AF-5FE6095E2726.jpeg

1466961D-DA69-4750-B285-189F08243FBF.jpeg

79E66DB9-0A4E-4886-8EED-416DA13A24B3.jpeg

These people have no desire to leave the streets or their life there. Time to bring back the work camps for any who refuse help and willfully break down our society. Either that or send all the cops on vacation for six months (it's well deserved) and let people defend themselves. Nature will take its course. Graffiti "artists" should be shot on site.
Vote for Cigars.... Your benevolent dictator.

Most of the time Next Door is comedy of the lonely, bored, neurotic and uptight reacting to the world, but occasionally they have something like this that is useful in a neighborhood watch/safety kind of way.

I'm pretty humane, but if a guy living in a tent attacked my car and hadn't move in the next days, weeks and months, I might be inclined to start a "it's time to move" hostility campaign that might involve the bubblegum from my three dogs, gasoline and flame. I won't get in trouble because it's a property crime.

I walk down that throughway where the oldster got accosted on 38th Ave. literally everyday and always feel safe, but I am 6'5" and 250lbs and I'm often walking a 70lb pitbull (it's not apparent that I'm actually his emotional support human). I might encourage my Wife or daughter to take Salmon down to 37th to go to/from Hawthorne at night just because that one block walkway is a little dark and less used at night so if something bad were to happen there it might be worse. What's interesting is that there only seem to be sketchy folks hanging there in the daytime--when this lady was accosted. When I walk my dog down that path most nights and there is never anyone hanging out there.

Anything mentioning homeless gets deleted almost immediately on next door. And this was is no exception. It's already been removed.

Whoever the administrators are for nextdoor locally, they erase any facts that show homeless in a bad light or committing crimes. I see posts about their crimes all the time and I very rarely check nextdoor so I would guess I see maybe 1/10 or less of the actual posts because they are removed so fast usually.

One of the problems with "meth" is often the stuff is not just Meth. Its made and mixed all over the place and god only knows whats in it from one time to the next. Add to this many of the scum already have some kind of mental health issues. Add street drugs to it and it can make an explosive mix. Voters still say they have not had enough of it yet so they keep getting more :s0092:

Seems like a good time for us to review safety and awareness plans. Run through a couple of possible scenarios in your head to think about responses and consequences. I know I've done this and it enforces the concept of avoidance as first choice.

Seems like a good time for us to review safety and awareness plans. Run through a couple of possible scenarios in your head to think about responses and consequences. I know I've done this and it enforces the concept of avoidance as first choice.
Oh pshaw. Who doesn't enjoy a shiv in their neck?

Anything mentioning homeless gets deleted almost immediately on next door. And this was is no exception. It's already been removed.

Whoever the administrators are for nextdoor locally, they erase any facts that show homeless in a bad light or committing crimes. I see posts about their crimes all the time and I very rarely check nextdoor so I would guess I see maybe 1/10 or less of the actual posts because they are removed so fast usually.
See? Portland is soo safe !?

Agree. Also homeless is a special case in this area re public (including potential jury). Fe police killed a homeless man who was attacking poeple with a knife last year. They gave him every possible chance to stop the attacks but finally had to shoot him. And of course antifa and public outcry went nuts.

Pepper spray in addition to edc is a key for this imo. We need to have non-lethal options.

Another thing to be aware of is there have been multiple cases of crazy homeless using a realistic BB gun to threaten people. They can get ahold of a BB gun much more easily than a real gun and to the person they r attacking there is no way to know if it's real or not. Just something to be aware of and realistically we probably can't change our tactics that much just because there is a chance a gun could be fake cuz usually there is no way to know if it's a replica Fe.

Times like this I'm glad I believe in reincarnation. For everyone...

So... I guess you could call it - 'assisted transformation.'
(Or, recycling.) :rolleyes:

helping.png

"Next Door" LOL

Dig into this for awhile.

It's a virtual breeding ground for the Snowflakes, Social Justice Warriors and Karen's of your community!

"Next Door" LOL

Dig into this for awhile.

It's a virtual breeding ground for the Snowflakes, Social Justice Warriors and Karen's of your community!
Ah, time for some Lenny Bruce or George Carlin to filthify my ears and soil my thinking from that cultural sanitization.

I guess the homeless dude that slapped the elderly wife was a misguided human.
As a buddy of mine from another life would say, after punching someone in the face, "huh, I guess my elbow slipped."

When CNN was blocking information about Air Force bombings during the Gulf War. As if the locals didn't know. The administrators of the app, like every little person in power, just want to be able to drive a narrative. Like, the police are picking on the peaceful homeless for no reason.

The was a homeless guy that did a biological attack in the store ( he shat on the floor not even joking ) ! If that wasn't bad enough it was in liquid form and left a trail to the restrooms but alas the damage had been done. There is a clean up on isle#2 get it number two har de har har .

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top