JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The whole story:

"
The officer told the man that he would have to secure his weapon, and the man placed his hands above his head so the officer could gain access to the weapon, authorities said.

While trying to remove the weapon, authorities say the officer accidentally shot the man in the leg."

Idk wth the officer felt he needed to remove the gun instead of letting the owner remove it and unload it safely before handing it over - it's not like it was a tense or dangerous situation.

Good times…

1682121939326.png

1682121956372.png

Aloha, Mark

Idk wth the officer felt he needed to remove the gun instead of letting the owner remove it and unload it safely before handing it over - it's not like it was a tense or dangerous situation.

Good times…
I'm guessing that the officer didn't want the guy drawing on him. That being said, I once was asked to remove my sidearm off by an officer . I was extremely angry, almost irrational, at the time. Probably more so than the guy in the article. However, the officer just had me unholster and hand him the revolver before he unloaded it and stuck it in his car for a few while the situation played out....Before anyone shouts "what 'bout yer rights", I can't blame him one bit under the circumstances and I willfully obliged.

Decades ago when I had a cop pointing his gun at me, I asked him politely to remove his finger from the trigger. He didn't comply and continued to scream obscenities at me. Luckily for you all, he didn't kill me that day.

Cops should not have an issue with citizens being armed. AT ALL. Far too many officers go through the game of disarming people, for no good reason. All day, every day they pass thousands of people carrying legally and illegally. They do so without knowing who is armed. But the moment they find out someone is armed, they have a strong compulsion to disarm. They shouldn't, and they really shouldn't if people have a CCP.

The number of cops murdered in the line of duty is measured in hundreds per year. With almost a million cops in the country, their odds are low of it happening to them. The reason the number is low is because the country is full of mostly good people, not because people don't have guns. There are 330 million guns in the US, and 329.9 million haven't been used to kill cops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decades ago when I had a cop pointing his gun at me, I asked him politely to remove his finger from the trigger. He didn't comply and continued to scream obscenities at me. Luckily for you all, he didn't kill me that day.
I want someone to explain why that officer shouldn't be in prison. Brandishing is a crime that should apply to officers too. Unless you were giving the officer a reason to shoot you legally, it shouldn't be done.

I completely understand the LEO not letting the owner pull his own gun out. This is normal. They will NEVER ask you to take out your gun and hand it to them. That the LEO was too incompetent to handle the gun without shooting the guy? Sounds like someone needs to training. The guy is surely going to get a good pay out now.

I want someone to explain why that officer shouldn't be in prison. Brandishing is a crime that should apply to officers too. Unless you were giving the officer a reason to shoot you legally, it shouldn't be done.
It was in CA. A friend was helping me move, we were parked on the freeway in traffic. He was bored and just cutting up some string with his Spyderco. Someone called the cops and said we were being threatening. When I finally got off the highway on our exit, we got pulled over and pulled out of the car at gunpoint.

I can sorta understand their actions, but alpha cop was a bit overzealous, even after we were frisked and completely respectful and compliant. Luckily I had moved all my guns the prior trip We sat on the curb cuffed while they went through my car. After an hour or so of being their guest, we were set on our merry way. Bang up job, SJPD.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top