JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That reminds me of something my toddler son did a couple weeks ago ....

I had a hunting rifle out and on the desk of my home office to check a couple things. He wanders in and and says "Hey, where's my Pew?" (He and his sister call every firearm "a Pew"). I told him "I think you're too widdle to have a Pew". He scampers out of the office, then returns with a lego block he had, evidently, fashioned into a "pew" and starts "pewing" around the office. What can I say, he's my boy. :s0112:

That reminds me of something my toddler son did a couple weeks ago ....

I had a hunting rifle out and on the desk of my home office to check a couple things. We wanders in and and says "Hey, where's my Pew?" (He and his sister call every firearm "a Pew"). I told him "I think you're too widdle to have a Pew". He scampers out of the office, then returns with a lego block he had, evidently, fashioned into a "pew" and starts "pewing" around the office. What can I say, he's my boy. :s0112:
sounds like he needs a pew pew life shirt or hat lol just Google pew pew life it will come up

Geezus - when I was a kid it was common to shoot BB's at each other when we played army. Would have loved to see their heads explode over that!

Time to get involved in our schools and clean this horse squeeze up.
The things I used to do without goggles.. I can't believe I can still see.

All I can say is I am glad it was not Lincoln Log Shotgun, they would have had to shut the school down.
This kid is obviously a criminal, and should be sentenced to life in prison.

FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION ONLY APPLIES, UNLESS IT NEED SUPPRESSION.

IS THE LIBERALS ANTIS CREED.

Or a Tinkertoy Tank... Then you have to call the National Guard.....

For the record...not all educators are idiots.
Some even own a few guns and are active on this forum....:D

Is it ridiculous that a lego "gun" merits alarm...?
In most cases , yes it is.

I do wish that some folks used a little more common sense and knowledge of :
The situation...
The student in question...
The student's motives / ideas of what happened...
Before rushing to judgment or taking action.
Which is what I would have done and have done when similar things have happened in my classroom.
Andy

Yeah, but at least one of them plays with black powder and smoke sticks, so... You know... Kinda suspect from the get go :rolleyes::p:p

2 weeks ago my wife had a surprise birthday party for me and my son...

when all his friends were shooting eachother with nerf guns point them all over the place... my kid was the only one standing by himself demonstrating proper trigger and muzzle control...with his nerf dart gun watching all his friends do exactly what he had been taught not to do.

i commended him on his discipline(i was a proud dad at that moment.)... i told him he could go play with his friends as long as he knows its ONLY playing and that this changes nothing about what he has learned when we go shoot real guns...

hes 4

For the record...not all educators are idiots.
Some even own a few guns and are active on this forum....:D

Is it ridiculous that a lego "gun" merits alarm...?
In most cases , yes it is.

I do wish that some folks used a little more common sense and knowledge of :
The situation...
The student in question...
The student's motives / ideas of what happened...
Before rushing to judgment or taking action.
Which is what I would have done and have done when similar things have happened in my classroom.
Andy
HOW do you still have a job as a teacher? Encouraging free thought must leave a record or something!

I kid of course, I met a few pro gun professors. Though I still wonder how they have their jobs still with that. o_O

Luck...
I teach in a rural area , so guns are seen a bit different than in many urban areas...
I also teach in a "Life skills" / Special needs class...Three of my teaching maxims are :
"Make what you have , work for you..."
"Life ain't fair and doesn't care that you have a issue..."
" Do what you can and get what you need done , all while being as independent as possible..."

So, stating that to my students right off the bat , can encourage students to think for themselves and "out of the box..."
Andy
HOW do you still have a job as a teacher? Encouraging free thought must leave a record or something!

I kid of course, I met a few pro gun professors. Though I still wonder how they have their jobs still with that. o_O

My college was in a pretty rural area... The wal mart there sold guns, and plenty of places within a 30 minute drive sold guns.

But the college overall views guns in a negative way it appears. On the other hand, no protests at least.

That describes Roseburg, the whole area is aware of the importance of firearms.
However UCC is the only firearms free zone and well we all know what occurred, as
well as the entire administration are big city liberal shrills that in my opinion killed these people
as if they pulled the trigger.

So long as we stay uninvolved in our schools this will not only continue but get worse.

When it comes to the subject of guns it doesn't matter, just try getting an Eddie Eagle program in your kid's school. I know I've tried, I would have achieved more pissing against a hurricane.

The bottom line, when it comes to gun rights, children's lives do not matter any more than black lives matter to the grabbers, because if they did we would not have places like Chicago, Oakland, Baltimore, etc, etc, and schools would have had better security, armed teachers/administrators and real plans for stopping a shooter in their tracks decades ago.

Harsh? You bet but that's reality. Tell me I'm wrong, better yet prove me wrong.

When it comes to the subject of guns it doesn't matter, just try getting an Eddie Eagle program in your kid's school. I know I've tried, I would have achieved more pissing against a hurricane.

The bottom line, when it comes to gun rights, children's lives do not matter any more than black lives matter to the grabbers, because if they did we would not have places like Chicago, Oakland, Baltimore, etc, etc, and schools would have had better security, armed teachers/administrators and real plans for stopping a shooter in their tracks decades ago.

Harsh? You bet but that's reality. Tell me I'm wrong, better yet prove me wrong.

That's why we need to pack the school boards as much as possible, and it's not just guns. We have numbers and we have strength. We just need to get off our @$$3$ and do something about it.

WOW! A deranged mental case. Glad that the school and PD was able to set that kid on the correct path to "Kum Ba Ya".

LOL. Obviously, the teacher was lacking in reason and showed no common sense. Wait a second. The LEFT is always saying that they only want reasonable and common sense gun laws. So......is this an example?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
That's why we need to pack the school boards as much as possible, and it's not just guns. We have numbers and we have strength. We just need to get off our @$$3$ and do something about it.

You are right and you'll get no argument from me there, but I was speaking more narrowly within the subject matter of the forum and this thread, that obviously being guns, kids, school shootings and how certain individuals believe the issue can be solved by denying law-abiding citizens their 2A rights. It all boils down to $$$ & power and $$$ & power > children's lives or black lives.

"Officer....arrest that man. He brought a gun onto the school grounds."

Gun_pointing_finger_2.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Sitting here thinking...

Some here on the forum call the educators for jumping to conclusions while saying the educators are idiots..

Isn't the same thing you are doing exactly what you griped about the educators doing? Rushing to a judgement about all educators or all boys being boys.

$.02

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads