JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I couldn't read or make sense of what he was saying.
Did he present / brandish / point a "fake gun" at someone at some point in the "writing"...?
Andy
The one incident at Washington Square Mall I can attest to... The entire parking lot was secured and locked down before they knew it was a kid with... a "BB Gun". He was brandishing it as a real weapon at folks in the mall...

The other I don't know - although the parking lot in question was directly adjacent.

Last Edited:
The one incident at Washington Square Mall I can attest to... The entire parking lot was secured and locked down before they knew it was a kid with... a "BB Gun". He was brandishing it as a real weapon at folks in the mall...

The other I don't know - althought the parking lot in question was directly adjacent.
So was this the incident , the so-called "writer" in your OP , was talking about...?
Andy

"Fake Gun"... just media hype click bait. Another idiot with a keyboard.

"Air soft pistol" doesn't sound scary enough.

So was this the incident , the so-called "writer" in your OP , was talking about...?
Andy
The "Fake Gun" incident was in correlation with a lock down and police action at Washington Square last week.

I was there then. Had no idea what was going on at the time.
Seems (then) that some kid was backing up his shoplifting with the threat of a ('fake') gun to deter persons trying to thwart him...

The continuing story leads to the neighboring apartment complex with the same allegations...

Ok - so here's the rub...

I don't believe in, "fake guns".

If you point a (replica) gun at me - I will take appropriate measures.

The intent is to make me fear for my life - OK.
Doesn't matter - the threat was intentional - even if the weapon was not.

Even as a child I never pointed a toy weapon at another person.
But that was just the way I was raised.

And I grew up to be - That Guy.

Mmm....
Just looked again at the link in your OP...and it appears to be a different link / article than what was first posted.
The new link / article makes sense...the old / original one ...not so much.
( The original / old link was about something called 'bionihilism" and other such BS )
Andy

Mmm....
Just looked again at the link in your OP...and it appears to be a different link / article than what was first posted.
The new link / article makes sense...the old / original one ...not so much.
( The original / old link was about something called 'bionihilism" and other such BS )
Andy
My bad...

Stuck in a previous copy - paste loop...

Ok - so here's the rub...

I don't believe in, "fake guns".

If you point a (replica) gun at me - I will take appropriate measures.

The intent is to make me fear for my life - OK.
Doesn't matter - the threat was intentional - even if the weapon was not.

Even as a child I never pointed a toy weapon at another person.
But that was just the way I was raised.

And I grew up to be - That Guy.
Why does everyone have to call firearms weapons, his weapon, my weapon, get the weapon! Drives me nuts....it's a firearm and a tool! A weapon could be anything, a rock, a stick a 2×4.....to me it's a tool I use everyday and I refer to them as such

Strange since I typed, "stockade" some of the images showed holes for your head and wrists as well.
Stocks or stockade is the device. I think pilloried is the act of punishment.
Either way, I'm all for public discomfort and humiliation as a punishment for juvenile acts of extreme stupidity.

Don't worry junior, your record will still be sealed at 18 . We just need you to actually learn how to behave.

Stocks or stockade is the device. I think pilloried is the act of punishment.
Either way, I'm all for public discomfort and humiliation as a punishment for juvenile acts of extreme stupidity.

Don't worry junior, your record will still be sealed at 18 . We just need you to actually learn how to behave.
All three are correct - ish.

1: a device formerly used for publicly punishing offenders consisting of a wooden frame with holes in which the head and hands can be locked
2: a means for exposing one to public scorn or ridicule

(Entry 1 of 2)
1: a line of stout posts set firmly to form a defense
2a: an enclosure or pen made with posts and stakes
b: an enclosure in which prisoners are kept

3: a supporting framework or structure: such as
astocks plural : a device for publicly punishing offenders consisting of a wooden frame with holes in which the feet or feet and hands can be locked

Why does everyone have to call firearms weapons, his weapon, my weapon, get the weapon! Drives me nuts....it's a firearm and a tool! A weapon could be anything, a rock, a stick a 2×4.....to me it's a tool I use everyday and I refer to them as such
because its drilled into military and i guess police (because police like to pretend to be military - see; use of the word "civilian" to refer to non-LE, when all LE are in fact civilians themselves, etc) and then everyone just kind of takes those dudes as the "experts" (even though military and police usually arent well trained or know much about guns) so fanboys have taken to emulating that and calling their guns "weapons," as an affectation.

weapons in general having been introduced to me in the military, i still occasionally find myself reverting to the term when im in any kind of instructional or demonstrational mode ... but i agree, its kind of obnoxious.

"yea thats right i do and say things a little different so youll notice and think 'yea look at that guy he noes stuff about stuff'"

i mean... a "fake gun" i guess would be any object that isnt a gun that someone tries to pass off as/deceive others into thinking its a real gun.

i dont take issue with the phrasing, necessarily, but to say "police seized a fake gun" in a news article, after the fact, seems a little sensational, when it is arguably more accurate/better objective reporting to say "police seized an airsoft/toy/air pistol"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top