JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well............ They can't tell a Man from a Woman.

You loose crucial skills like that, and life gets pretty confusing. :s0112:
Tell me about it. My wife has "red pilled" me about a lot of it. 80% of the time, cover my ears and say "I don't want to know."
Wacky thing -- I was in a facility last week where I could not recognize the gender of most of the people there. Frankly, I don't care about what people like to be thought of, I think about their gender as a cataloging habit formed many, many years ago. Walking out of that place, I thought, "what the heck did I just see?"
Situational awareness also includes perceiving and cataloging the gender of all those around you. I'll add to that, "does s/he/it have a Lego gun?"

I clicked only to see a photo of the alleged LEGO gun.

Sadly there were no photos. I gotta know if the kid did a good job or snot.

Wife has a cousin who is a teacher. I asked her about the kid that bit his pop tart into the shape of a gun and what the logic was behind suspending him. She said that their intent with these situations is to find out what the child is thinking. I told her that he is a little boy and that's the kind of stuff they do, which was too complex for her to understand.

Geezus - when I was a kid it was common to shoot BB's at each other when we played army. Would have loved to see their heads explode over that!

Time to get involved in our schools and clean this horse squeeze up.

The sad thing about this is we pay these peoples' salaries and they are messing up kids' minds. The poor kid was probably traumatized for a perfectly innocent and playful act. His family has no doubt been caused tremendous grief because these losers with education degrees go over the top with their reaction. Fire them all!

For the record...not all educators are idiots.
Some even own a few guns and are active on this forum....:D

Is it ridiculous that a lego "gun" merits alarm...?
In most cases , yes it is.

I do wish that some folks used a little more common sense and knowledge of :
The situation...
The student in question...
The student's motives / ideas of what happened...
Before rushing to judgment or taking action.
Which is what I would have done and have done when similar things have happened in my classroom.
Andy

Hope the school has a good supply of diapers - for the staff. If there is any wonder why millennials are so fragile, look at who teaches them.

Well, it wasn't Sandy Hook, where they failed to report an actual enraged adult who was trying to force his way into the school. After not being turned in or questioned, Adam Lanza returned the next day and killed 26. It was the guns at fault.

Last Edited:
I do wish that some folks used a little more common sense and knowledge of :
The situation...
The student in question...
The student's motives / ideas of what happened...
Before rushing to judgment or taking action.
Which is what I would have done and have done when similar things have happened in my classroom.
Andy

If only it were that simple. This goes beyond an individual teacher's lack of common sense. The administration, which in a reasonable world would have brought some sanity to the situation, released a public statement defending this action. This is indicative of a systemic disease. And my apologies to the small proportion of educators who still have a brain.

You know what's really funny .my nephew used to have boxes full of Legos .he loved them .
And some of the kits you buy like the STAR WARS LEGOS . come with little tiny gun's so your STAR DESTOYER isn't flying through space unarmed LOL .

51843951.jpeg see little guns

Now that I think about it one of the books that we read in school .that I actually read and enjoyed reading .lol was SHANE .MMMMMM FUNNY IF I REMEMBER RIGHT THAT IS ABOUT A OLD WEST GUN FIGHTER

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top