JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
RE: Registry. I sold an LCP to a woman at/through Ticklicker in Salem a few years ago. It was seized from her boyfriend who was prohibited from owning. OSP contacted me here is Montana to find out how he got it. So, yes....OSP keeps a data base. They dug a little harder and confirmed the transfer through Ticklicker. And....the OSP woman was fairly brusque with me.... for a minute....
If searchable, they would have never called you...

When law enforcement can run a SN of a weapon and find out who it was last sold to/registered to then there is a "record" being kept. Call it whatever you want. It's all the same.

If they couldn't search a SN there would be no reason to abide by the private FFL transfers cause they would have no way of proving you owned it/sold it after the bill took effect.

That's not the case unfortunately.

Yes, your wife can carry one of your guns here in Oregon. And ... yes, after a while she can claim it as belonging to her. As me how I know...

Whether there is or not a registry, is really a moot point.
Rather like Privacy. A lot of claims made about its keeping, and sanctity, but eventually will be found false. Once anything is spoken, put to pen, pictured, recorded, computered, interneted etc. sooner or later it will be viewed , hacked, or stolen by the unintended, for good, and bad, from both government and private.,.
Better you resign to the fact that we are all public property.
Live accordingly with astute caution, where possible.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews