JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You are still within the month long time frame if you started on Dec 12th.
I think you got hosed by some lazy jerkahhf.
If he already got an approval number on his 4473, it would not be related to any FICS delay/hold. If I was OP I would ask for some type of written documentation describing who is holding and why the firearm is being held.

If he already got an approval number on his 4473, it would not be related to any FICS delay/hold. If I was OP I would ask for some type of written documentation describing who is holding and why the firearm is being held.
they said that the atf and oregon state police are looking into it and they cant tell me anything more

But folks keep increasing their post count when they really have nothing to add and cannot offer a sympathetic shoulder, but respond anyway.:D That makes such a thread priceless. I even got an extra post over it. 👍

But since I can also offer no help, I can still lend a sympathetic shoulder, as I have been witness to couple similar episodes. Guns that were bought, BGC's not denied but also not approved. I'll even call it in quarantine for no better metaphor. And buyers that were approved for other guns, before and after the one transaction that somehow or other glitched out in the system. A relative, not long ago, while having a gun sit in purgatory was offered no answers, but told by the authorities, keep calling and your BGC will go back to the bottom of the stack every time.

Last Edited:
I bought a gun that was serial number 1 once.

Well... It had a 1 in the serial ... maybe more than 1... and it might not have been in position 1 but HEY

It wasn't put in quarantine though, so I don't know what my point is.

But folks keep increasing their post count when they really have nothing to add and cannot offer a sympathetic shoulder, but respond anyway.:D That makes such a thread priceless. I even got an extra post over it. 👍

But since I can also offer no help, I can still lend a sympathetic shoulder, as I have been witness to couple similar episodes. Guns that were bought, BGC's not denied but also not approved. I'll even call it in quarantine for no better metaphor. And buyers that were approved for other guns, before and after the one transaction that somehow or other glitched out in the system. A relative, not long ago, while having a gun sit in purgatory was offered no answers, but told by the authorities, keep calling and your BGC will go back to the bottom of the stack every time.
See now that I could easily see happening. That for some reason the FFL was just not getting any response. What I am becoming VERY suspicious of is someone saying the got the proceed, got the state buy off, so item is sitting there till they come to get it and they are told suddenly the ATF and the State are both "investigating" this? Sorry I suppose anything is possible but this sure as hell sounds like someone who wants attention and is making stuff up as they go. Also why the story keeps changing from day to day.

Alexx1401, I agree with your assessment.

I still wonder if he went back another day to pick it up and got the same responses.
At this point I don't believe anything he is saying. He "may" really be trying to buy the lower and having some kind of "issue". He may have made up the entire story to get attention. His story changes so often there is no way to tell. What I do know for sure is we are not getting the full story here if there even is one. :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top