JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
its a brand new lower from sportsmans
raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786.jpg

That just sounds like a store determination trying to prompt you to come in before years end so they can neatly clear their books for year end reports.

More a bluff since they really have zero recourse to withhold it. Unless of course there is something on your paperwork or a posted notice to customers informing them of a pickup window after purchase that is shorter than what the alphabet allows (30 days). If that were the case though then they should be straightforward about their policy and any potential repercussions. IE., restocking or storage fees.

"By the 31st" seems rather arbitrary though and sounds more like just wanting to tidy their bookkeeping.
Cabela's.

The bigger the outfit, the harder they are to do business with wrt guns. Ditto Sportsman's Warehouse.

At Cabela's, it's always taken an hour to do the paperwork. At Sound Loan in Everett, minutes. Of course in Wash. state we now have a delay in pickup for everything. But the front end paperwork, I'd rather spend minutes than an hour doing it.

This thread so justifies my choice to never do transfers with anyone but my go-to FFL.
No counter chimps, no yawn shops, no thank you.
If you can't take it or ship it there, no sale.

Possble exception...Patton's Pearl ...err Ivory handled pistol.

I went to pick up a gun i was approved for weeks ago and the people at the store said I couldn't pick it up and it had been quarantined by the atf.
If I get a call saying my bgc for a new gun has been approved, I usually don't wait a couple of weeks to mozy in. Sounds like another left of center pot stir, which are becoming annoying flies.

If I get a call saying my bgc for a new gun has been approved, I usually don't wait a couple of weeks to mozy in. Sounds like another left of center pot stir, which are becoming annoying flies.
Right? More than once I've taken off work early to go pick it up. I'll even go to the range same day if it's early enough.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top