JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be boycotting Russian made firearm related products?

• I will not be buying anymore Russian made firearm products.

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • I will not buy any recently imported Russian made firearm related products.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I will be legally exporting all my Russian made products to Ukraine.

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • I will still buy Russian made products, my AKs gotta eat.

Votes: 24 38.1%
  • Half the products I buy are made in China, I may as well buy Russian products too.

Votes: 17 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
I didn't vote. About the only Russian product I use on a regular basis is their vodka.:s0032:

It makes good vanilla believe it or not. Drop in vanilla beans and a month later you have great tasting vanilla.

I have Russkie ammo - enough for now - I bought it because Hornady decided that they could make more $ selling their 7.62x39 ammo as something called "Black: ammo instead of just plain SST ammo, even though it is basically the same ammo, and charge more for it. Plus it is harder to get in large quantities.

We only 'make' two things anymore. Printed/digital funny money in the Trillions every year now + wars/conflicts.
So there is no room to be too picky.

You do know that you can get Rugers and ARs in 7.62x39?
My only combloc arm is a CZ82 milsurp in 9mm Mak. The only ammo I bought for it was brass cased from Serbia. It was only a few cents more per loaded round than virgin brass. I bought my .365 bullets for reloading from Midway -- I presume they are USA made.
Don't have any Tula primers.
I did buy one box of Wolf 6.5 Grendel ammo several years ago when I was just getting started in that cartridge. It shot like crap, and have never wasted any money on it since. I think I still have half of the box left.

Pretty no one is buying a Russian gun which isn't already here. Honestly poll is kinda pointless.
I don't have any Russkie made guns, only Russkie made ammo - some of which I bought decades ago, none of which I bought this year, all of which I bought from US suppliers or private citizens - so yeah, it was already here.

Also, the Ukraine and Russia have been fighting for years. This doesn't mean I like what is happening, but I doubt a boycott of ammo or guns at this point will make a difference.

I for one will not buy any more borscht products and will switch to Titos! This is the only way I can make a stand and stick it to those commie basturds ! Other than that all I can do is wait for info from our war correspondent "Spicoli"
1645806496344.png

Last Edited:
I believe that my Mosin Nagants and ammo came out of storage from Ukraine (long ago). So not knowing if the money actually went to Russia or Ukraine......does that make me a bad person?

Aloha, Mark

I don't have any Russkie made guns, only Russkie made ammo - some of which I bought decades ago, none of which I bought this year, all of which I bought from US suppliers or private citizens - so yeah, it was already here.

Also, the Ukraine and Russia have been fighting for years. This doesn't mean I like what is happening, but I doubt a boycott of ammo or guns at this point will make a difference.
Considering all the ammo and guns made in Russia were here before the war started a couple of days ago... It's sorta pointless .

I am selling stuff I already own as a form virtue signaling .

flora-prince-phillip.gif

Why? Because they started a war with a country I have no stake in? It's like refusing to buy Indian products because they invaded Pakistan. I like curry.

Why? Because they started a war with a country I have no stake in? It's like refusing to buy Indian products because they invaded Pakistan. I like curry.
I like curry and I don't like Pakistan.

FWIW - I do have kind of a stake in Ukraine; I have three adopted relatives (two nephews and a niece) from Ukraine who in turn have relatives there. Beyond that, what happens in the Ukraine affects everybody in the world, especially when it is a Russian invasion. If I thought it had one iota of impact on the current situation, I would gladly boycott Russian products, but I don't think I will be buying anything Russian any time soon - that I know of.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads