JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's not exactly what I said to the 2nd one. I said, "I will not abide by that, go get your own." And then we talked about the cancer and how much time she might have between diagnosis and death.

Normally sane people often do really stupid things. Sometimes you just need to listen. I heard a Mickey Mantle interview where he talked about a hitting slump. He went home to his dad with his tail between his legs. His dad kicked his bubblegum and ejected him from the house. It woke the Mick up. Sometimes that's what people need too. My dad was in that camp.

Suicide is the option people choose when they stop thinking and insist on holding onto things. Let it go, contemplate your navel, join the Hare Krishna's and have orgies with co-eds. Do anything but wallow in your shyte. There is always another way.

Er.......P7....how does this orgies with co-eds thing work?:cool:

Suicide is the most selfish way an otherwise healthy person can die. You cheat those who love you out of being with you...

The only person that suicide is painless for is the person who commits suicide...

Well, but I think that the reason why so many suicides happen with the elderly is indeed due to illness. The elderly who kill themselves are not healthy. The only two people that I have ever known that committed suicide were both elderly, and in very poor health. One was suffering in a lot of pain, and the other one was younger and only in his early 60's, but had become so disabled that he could no longer work, and was facing financial ruin.

But to me, this is more of a failure of our healthcare system and health education in our country, than it is a problem with people owning firearms. At least that is the perspective that I have on the subject.

But in today's political climate, if guns can be blamed for something bad, you can pretty much expect them to be made out to be the culprit.

Er.......P7....how does this orgies with co-eds thing work?:cool:
What, are you telling me you're still a virgin? :eek:
Supposedly that was one of the attractions of the Hari krishnas when I went to school back in Ann Arbor in the 1980s. It was definitely something that attracted a lot of people to the Bhagwan here in Oregon.
Nowadays I think the thought would just garner a big, collective "eewww!" from that age group.

A person with cancer, Parkinson or any myriad of incurable ugly debilitating diseases shouldnt have to use a gun or any other ugly way of avoiding the inevitable, its a fargin sin that I can put down my dog & be thought of humane, but most states its illegal to end the suffering of a human.

then the wackos want to blame the gun of the person suffering:mad:

That's not a good thought you have. If you have a sane stable mind, you keep your guns. You never know when you might need them to protect yourself or others. Unless you're unable to use them if you have to, physically. Otherwise, keep them.

Ahhh... well, that's what this whole thing is about. Who gets to decide when someone's thoughts are good, or not. Who decides what "sane stable" means. I don't want some anti-gun wacko making that decision for me. Or some politician. Or some random person on an internet forum. None of those should have any say in things.

My dad is almost 70, is riddled with diabetes, constantly in pain, has around TWENTY prescriptions he's on, makes knee-jerk decisions. Almost two years ago he lost his nut and came at me with a claw hammer yelling "shoot me, go on SHOOT ME!"... called the cops and had him evaluated, got permission from mom (to make it legal) and took every gun out of their house, and they've been sitting in my gun safe ever since.

Two weeks ago he asked for them back, and I (respectfully) said, "we BOTH know you aren't in a "good place" and I'm afraid you'll end yourself, or mom (she's just as bad), and unless a uniformed LEO with a court order knocks on my door that ain't happening.

That ended that conversation. He DID understand and (ironically) agreed with me.

I had a similar situation with my Dad, near the end of his life. The family was concerned about him having access to a gun, in much the same way we were concerned about my Grandpa continuing to drive after he was obviously unsafe behind the wheel.

The solution was for me to take the gun (he only had 1 left by then). It was a family issue, and handled by the family.

Our "elected representatives" have zero business involving themselves in this kind of thing. But of course, they do. At some point "over-reaching" government becomes tyranny.

Are we there yet?

I had a similar situation with my Dad, near the end of his life. The family was concerned about him having access to a gun, in much the same way we were concerned about my Grandpa continuing to drive after he was obviously unsafe behind the wheel.

The solution was for me to take the gun (he only had 1 left by then). It was a family issue, and handled by the family.

Our "elected representatives" have zero business involving themselves in this kind of thing. But of course, they do. At some point "over-reaching" government becomes tyranny.

Are we there yet?
Of course we are, but it will be a long time before the citizenry rises up. Why? Because government makes sure we are kept docile by civilized comforts, all electronic gadgets, movies, good food. What will happen in the future no one can tell, but I won't be here (grin).

Our States, one by one are slowly taking away gun rights. Police are becoming more like Nazi storm troopers instead of "cops." Things are changing and when people eyes stop being glazed over, it will be too late. Or there will be major riots in every city and death.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to clean my gun, workout and see a new movie and check out my new phone and go out to Red Lobster for dinner.

Sifu

I may have unwittingly come upon the solution to this latest "excuse" to take away your gun rights.
Just go get yourself a spouse at least twenty years your junior. Aside from the obvious advantages, they can carry your bug-out bag and help you aim. :rolleyes:
I'm all set. I'm nearing 70 and my wife is 27 years younger than I am, and we have a 6 yo and a 2 yo. She was dubious about guns when we married, but she's decided lately that she wants to get a CHL. :)

What, are you telling me you're still a virgin? :eek:
Supposedly that was one of the attractions of the Hari krishnas when I went to school back in Ann Arbor in the 1980s. It was definitely something that attracted a lot of people to the Bhagwan here in Oregon.
Nowadays I think the thought would just garner a big, collective "eewww!" from that age group.

I think I've got the mechanics down! I want your secret to getting some young co-ed's (pretty co-ed's, mind) to lust after fat, old, bald dudes!?!?;)

I think I've got the mechanics down! I want your secret to getting some young co-ed's (pretty co-ed's, mind) to lust after fat, old, bald dudes!?!?;)
My wisdom: don't even go there, too much headache.
I have a full head of hair, but every friend who is bald rocks it. I call it the "Telly Savalas studly effect." Start going to jazz clubs, smoking Cubans, and drinking single malt. Always have a lolipop handy.

One word..."money". :)

Actually, my wife had been married before I met her. She was in her 20's and had been married to someone her age. She had two small sons and worked full time. Her ex was one of those guys who is very common these days. Working full time cut into hanging with his buddies, so he couldn't do that. Likewise, hanging with his family cut into his party time, which included drugs and alcohol. The one thing he was motivated about was trading up when it came to women, the younger the better.

My wife said she had had enough of these "boys" in her generation and wanted someone who acted like a man. She appreciated a steady income, faithfulness, sobriety, financial stability, and being treated like a princess. It's been all good for 17 years now.

My wisdom: don't even go there, too much headache.
I have a full head of hair, but every friend who is bald rocks it. I call it the "Telly Savalas studly effect." Start going to jazz clubs, smoking Cubans, and drinking single malt. Always have a lolipop handy.

Eh! I taught Telly how to do that!

The rest? Too much trouble! Time for my nap!

One word..."money". :)

Actually, my wife had been married before I met her. She was in her 20's and had been married to someone her age. She had two small sons and worked full time. Her ex was one of those guys who is very common these days. Working full time cut into hanging with his buddies, so he couldn't do that. Likewise, hanging with his family cut into his party time, which included drugs and alcohol. The one thing he was motivated about was trading up when it came to women, the younger the better.

My wife said she had had enough of these "boys" in her generation and wanted someone who acted like a man. She appreciated a steady income, faithfulness, sobriety, financial stability, and being treated like a princess. It's been all good for 17 years now.
Damn! Sounds like you're talking about my life, very similar.
Sifu

Met an 80 y.o hard-core Harley rider in the badlands years ago. Only got to talking to him because of the unique leathers he was wearing. Wouldn't have known he was 80 either, had he not mentioned it. Some things keep you young.
My buddy and I were coming back from an at risk youth facility out reach in Phoenix. We're in Montana and rain is threatening but we are in our leathers. We see a couple of what looked to be sport bikers to me on the side of the road ahead. So naturally we slow down and stop to see if they need help....two little old ladies on Kymco 50 cc scooters on their
way from Mexico to Canada. We laughed thinking we are big, bad hikers....we are, but those little old ladies were some hard core riders as well. In their freakin 70s on scooters...

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads