JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One word..."money". :)

Actually, my wife had been married before I met her. She was in her 20's and had been married to someone her age. She had two small sons and worked full time. Her ex was one of those guys who is very common these days. Working full time cut into hanging with his buddies, so he couldn't do that. Likewise, hanging with his family cut into his party time, which included drugs and alcohol. The one thing he was motivated about was trading up when it came to women, the younger the better.

My wife said she had had enough of these "boys" in her generation and wanted someone who acted like a man. She appreciated a steady income, faithfulness, sobriety, financial stability, and being treated like a princess. It's been all good for 17 years now.

Me thinks "maturity" has more to do with it.

When was the last time you saw an octogenarian named as the gunman in a "mass shooting"?
Or for that matter someone in their 70's or 60's, OR even in their 50's.
my point was more of someone older cleaning a gun in plain view , and someone younger misinterpreting his motives and doing something stupid.

They are trying to disarm people with nothing left to lose. It's too hard to push that type of people around.
In time no one in U.S. will have guns, except criminals and law enforcement. Each little area of gun ownership will be stomped on. Right now, it's take the guns away from old people, they might kill themselves. Next it will be something else until honest people will not have guns. Here's an example from New York city.

Every state is slowly pulling all the guns from our hands. Once the constitution starts falling stupid people or people with personal interests, will start pounding the 2nd amendment till it falls. Look at New York city, the millions of people there can't carry firearms, only the criminals and cops can. They have a facade of being able of getting a concealed carry permit, but you really can't. Yet, if you're a celebrity, rich or a rich senator, you can get a permit in a few days. The peasants have tried and after three years of jumping through hoops, are finally denied permits. This will become the procedure of the future for every state.

I won't see it, but the young will.

In time no one in U.S. will have guns, except criminals and law enforcement. Each little area of gun ownership will be stomped on. Right now, it's take the guns away from old people, they might kill themselves. Next it will be something else until honest people will not have guns. Here's an example from New York city.

Every state is slowly pulling all the guns from our hands. Once the constitution starts falling stupid people or people with personal interests, will start pounding the 2nd amendment till it falls. Look at New York city, the millions of people there can't carry firearms, only the criminals and cops can. They have a facade of being able of getting a concealed carry permit, but you really can't. Yet, if you're a celebrity, rich or a rich senator, you can get a permit in a few days. The peasants have tried and after three years of jumping through hoops, are finally denied permits. This will become the procedure of the future for every state.

I won't see it, but the young will.

That's where it's headed. And at the same time, the US is being influenced from the top down by some very anti-American interests.

If you know how to pray, now's the time to do it. And maybe learn to reload...

Easy, distribute them to family members. Next question?

People will respond by not bothering with getting a license.

Probably for sure some would. I have been carrying for so long, I can't see myself defenseless.
Of course the American population is becoming the enemy of the Federal government. So we would get 10-15 years in prison, I guess. On second thought, my wife needs me, so I probably would obey the dictatorial government. I do have high skills as a martial artist, but I still can't block a bullet (martial arts movies are bull bubblegum). If I was by myself, I would definitely carry.

Sifu

So we would get 10-15 years in prison, I guess.

Only if you submit...

"The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, anytime, and with utter recklessness."
-- Robert A. Heinlein

Keep in mind this thread is about old farts (such as myself), people with one foot in the grave anyway. Why would any such people ever submit to anything like that? They wanna live forever? :rolleyes:

Only if you submit..
Keep in mind this thread is about old farts (such as myself), people with one foot in the grave anyway. Why would any such people ever submit to anything like that? They wanna live forever? :rolleyes:

Perhaps we should start some new thread topics...

Boomer Generation prep supplies...
Polident as a preservative

Show us your Tactical Walkers....

What did you do to tick off a millennial today ?

The 30 minute Ex-lax SHTF workout...

Perhaps we should start some new thread topics...

Boomer Generation prep supplies...
Polident as a preservative

Show us your Tactical Walkers....

What did you do to tick off a millennial today ?

The 30 minute Ex-lax SHTF workout...
Pic w the shield is of an airsofter but no reason a ballistic riot shield or ar500 shield cannot be put in same place with two actual ARs ;) other pics are of disabled hunters or shooting enthusiasts' wheelchairs :)

1403634809198.jpg ofrnu9.jpg RANGE-far.jpg 100_1022.jpg tank-wheelchair3.jpg

Only if you submit...

"The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, anytime, and with utter recklessness."
-- Robert A. Heinlein

My wife wants to keep living and she needs a lot of care, so I would fight them till they start shooting at my head and then I'll give all my guns, except one that I've owned since John Wayne was a pup. Have to hide it.
Katrina sheriff deputies aimed rifles on heads of people that owned guns. I would fight them physically but without a weapon. The stupid, can't think for themselves, cops or deputies would not shoot if you did not have a weapon. It's a sticky wicket.
Sifu

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top