JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I don't want people feeling ''Uncomfortable''. :s0092:

So you just walk your little Mangina over here and take Old Pop's gun away.
You ''wet behind the ears'' pup!

Old Pops's will show you a little thing we call ''But stroke to the head series''!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :s0140:

Now Get Off My Lawn! :s0118:

I may have unwittingly come upon the solution to this latest "excuse" to take away your gun rights.
Just go get yourself a spouse at least twenty years your junior. Aside from the obvious advantages, they can carry your bug-out bag and help you aim. :rolleyes:

Come and get them you mutha gumming bubble gumming, lily liver yellow sap sucking son of a mother gumming farging ice hole bottom dwelling, spineless bubble gumming half witted dim witted pussy willows. I'm your mother gumming huckleberry....:mad:

Brutus out

I am almost 70 years old and have lived with and used firearms of every sort. 6 years in the Marines during the Vietnam era, another 6 years as a sheriff's deputy. Both my wife and I are avid target shooters and we both have Concealed Carry Permits. At last count I had Glocks, an AR15 and an assortment of handguns and rifles. I rely on my own good judgement and that of my sons to tell me when it's time to put them away. In the meantime, we travel a lot and will vigorously defend ourselves from anyone that would do us harm. All those limp wristed scumbags that think that the 2nd Amendment has outlived it's original purpose can kiss my patriotic bubblegum!

Silver Century Foundation said:
Specifically, the gun violence restraining order addresses concerns a loved one or neighbor might have about someone experiencing any crisis—whether an age-related ailment like dementia or something else like job loss or a spouse's death—that might prompt them to harm themselves or others with a gun, Frattaroli said. A judge can order police to remove the guns for up to a year, as well as prohibit the troubled citizen from buying new guns, she added. An assemblywoman introduced the measure in 2014, two days after Elliot Rodger, 22, fatally stabbed, shot or hit with his car 20 people (six of whom died) before killing himself in Isla Vista, CA. (full article Silver Century Foundation :: Features)

There's what it's all about right there. Trying to convince people to let their "family members or citizens in the community" take their guns away for there own good, because the community/govt know what's best for us all.

The anti writing this article seems to forget that most people happen to get old by not being stupid and/or irresponsible.

Ray

Last Edited:
I'm sorry, but asking someone loan them a gun so they could suicide is worse than idiotic! "Oh, sure old friend!""Then my family and I can have our lives ruined by the litigation that follows!"
I would have a really difficult time not throwing them, physically, from my house!:mad:

That's not exactly what I said to the 2nd one. I said, "I will not abide by that, go get your own." And then we talked about the cancer and how much time she might have between diagnosis and death.

Normally sane people often do really stupid things. Sometimes you just need to listen. I heard a Mickey Mantle interview where he talked about a hitting slump. He went home to his dad with his tail between his legs. His dad kicked his bubblegum and ejected him from the house. It woke the Mick up. Sometimes that's what people need too. My dad was in that camp.

Suicide is the option people choose when they stop thinking and insist on holding onto things. Let it go, contemplate your navel, join the Hare Krishna's and have orgies with co-eds. Do anything but wallow in your shyte. There is always another way.

That's not exactly what I said to the 2nd one. I said, "I will not abide by that, go get your own." And then we talked about the cancer and how much time she might have between diagnosis and death.

Normally sane people often do really stupid things. Sometimes you just need to listen. I heard a Mickey Mantle interview where he talked about a hitting slump. He went home to his dad with his tail between his legs. His dad kicked his bubblegum and ejected him from the house. It woke the Mick up. Sometimes that's what people need too. My dad was in that camp.

Suicide is the option people choose when they stop thinking and insist on holding onto things. Let it go, contemplate your navel, join the Hare Krishna's and have orgies with co-eds. Do anything but wallow in your shyte. There is always another way.

Have you had Cancer? :rolleyes:

Suicide is the most selfish way an otherwise healthy person can die. You cheat those who love you out of being with you...

The only person that suicide is painless for is the person who commits suicide...

So any over fifty on this forum, well you might want to read this cuz you might not be healthy enough to own guns…. Just saying. Can anyone say; Age discrimination.

So to the old farts out their what are your thoughts.

Armed and Aging: As Older Americans Own the Most Guns, Should They Face More Gun Controls?

Suicide, dementia and physical failings are at issue.

"Should Rights Outweigh Risks?

Still, some aren't as comfortable with the idea of so many older adults owning guns, considering certain risk factors that can accompany aging, such as increasing dementia with aging or the high suicide rate among older males (see sidebar)."

"So much of the dialogue around guns in this country has been around crime, and lately, mass shootings. And the older population is not part of that. But when you look at the suicide issue, it's impossible to ignore older Americans," Frattaroli said. "With that in mind, any conversation about guns has to include a conversation [about] gun ownership among older adults. There's definitely more to be done on that issue in the United States."

Armed and Aging: As Older Americans Own the Most Guns, Should They Face More Gun Controls?
More and more rights are being taken away from people. The only people that truly see this are old people. Some day we will be the new China, people there have no right, just work and shut the hell up! Hey, if an old person wants to commit suicide, it's his body. No body should have the right to dictate how long an old person has to put up with this world. I'm old, and if i get fed up, I'll take my little NAA .22 magnum revolver and goodby!
Sifu

Someone that develops dementia or Alzheimer's, slowly gets worse. When they get to the point where they become dangerous, the family or doctors will know and as someone with a mental illness, they would not be allowed to have a gun anyway. There is no reason to take weapons from seniors if they are of sound mind. My Dad died last year at 87 and was sharp as a tack. His lower organs gave out though. my mom is 85 and still going strong. Some physical issues, but not mental. Why disarm the people most vulnerable to crime if they aren't a threat to anyone?

I am over 70 and carry almost all of the time, still! I have owned guns for nearly 60 years and even stopped (2) mugger's in their tracks, outside of the local pharmacy a while ago from robbing me and I did it with my cane, while carrying! Be careful who you call old! I may go to high port position with my cane!

Unfortunately, this is a reality for me. Personally, I have no problem with my loved ones taking the guns when the time comes. I despise the idea of some stranger/govt schmuck taking them.

The point of the article at the beginning is that since most of the guns in America are owned by people over 50, that would be a logical place to start focusing on gun confiscation. The message/agenda is not hidden very well.

I could go a couple of ways on this... I'm 53, and my dad - who still carries is 82. There was a story a couple years ago about an old retired cop who shot a guy in a theater over a seating argument. The guy who was shot was hit in front of his family and was only holding popcorn. I can see how older people feel more threatened and would defend themselves faster with lethal force. My dad, a marine, and 30 year career in Federal Law enforcement can out shoot me today, and he still hunts every year. It doesn't change the fact he's beat cancer, a heart attack, triple bypass and has had 3 strokes... he's is honestly the toughest SOB i've ever met... but the years are taking their toll. I whole heartily believe in his rights, but his judgement - and the world we live in - is not what it used to be. He's not a threat, but mistakes could be made by anyone should he decide to clean a gun on the front porch. my parents live in town.

When was the last time you saw an octogenarian named as the gunman in a "mass shooting"?
Or for that matter someone in their 70's or 60's, OR even in their 50's.

I would wager that you have not heard one single over 50 or 55 or 60 person here say "Yeah I think it's an issue we need to have more regulation on older folks!" Not only no but HELL NO! Total BS!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top