JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I only 'skimmed' the vid (this guy is kinda boring) but I believe whenever 'the polls' said gun ownership was at 30 %, or had dwindled 20 % as he quoted, it was probably at least at 50% or more.

New gun ownership has certainly increased the percentages but I firmly believe it has always been no lower than 50% possibly more.

All of the people I have known in my gun owning life (50+) years have owned guns. Maybe they were not say as active as others and I were with shooting, hunting etc. but nevertheless all owned guns.

I have occasionally even known certain 'left' thinkers, moderate and a few extreme liberals who too owned guns.

Bottom line is I think the 'polls' are way off for a variety or reasons.

Last Edited:
If we have an estimated 450 million civilian owned guns; then clearly more than 100 million of Americans own guns. Granted there's a lot of gun owners who own more than 5 firearms (I'm now one, due to late father) but it could average out to far more because the majority of gun owners have 1 to maybe 3 guns, especially recently/new gun owners

Bottom line is I think the 'polls' are way off for a variety or reasons.
Exactly.

Reason #1: When someone you don't know calls on the phone and asks if you own a gun, the answer is always "No".

Why in the world would you want to tell some stranger you own a gun? So they can come and (try to) steal it? LOL I always answer "No.", and I'm not even fibbing. I do not own a gun. :D

While I understand the ideas behind denying firearm ownership...
Doing so skews data.
Data which could be helpful for gun owners.

With that said...
I also fully understand how data can be used to further agendas that are harmful to gun owners...
As well as how data can be spun to fit whatever answer one is looking for.
I don't "blame" someone for denying or say that they should do different.
With the potential for harm...it is often best to give a "No Comment" or deny owning firearms.
(Sad to say )

In any event...
I have no doubt that whatever number is placed on firearm owners in America...there are more than accounted for.
Andy

It is easy to know whether a pollster is pro-gun, or anti-gun.

First, you could be reasonably accurate to presume that most pollsters are "anti-". Think about it. Pollsters are in business "for hire" . . . and who in the world would hire a survey in support of a natural right that has been protected by our Constitution for a couple hundred years?

Second - the surefire indicator - every pro-gun poll or survey I've ever seen has always had a way to divulge a credit card number.

Notwithstanding the term 'FUDD' being really egregious are 'they' not gun owners as well ?

Should the 'polls' have 'distinctions' between the various types of gun owners?
I don't know about YOU but TO ME.....

The utility in spending money to conduct polls.....lays with how well the information will be used. And of course, that the poll/ALL polls should be non-baised.

When some people look at stuff.......is it any wonder? That maybe, some polls might actually be useless/not worth the money spent to collect the data.

Just to start with.....imagine a poll?

Q: Do you favor background checks prior to being approved to buy a gun?

Q: Do you favor reasonable and common sense gun controls?

Q: Should the Govt have the ability to ban "Assault Weapons"?

Q: Should the Govt ban "Ghost Guns"?

Q: In order to fight CRIME, should the Govt register all firearms?

It's like the guy/gal at the supermarket collecting signatures for a new "initiative measure".

Huh?

Yeah....ever notice, that the entire/final measure in it's proposed final form is never presented. The DEVIL is in the details. Not to mention that.....we have a paid Legislature (paid representatives) to actually write this stuff out, discuses, vote on, etc..... etc.....

BUT, But, but.....
STILL....there is NO guarantee that the final measure will be deemed to be Constitutional.

Yup.....
So, FIRE the idiots. I would say something else, but that might get me on another Govt List.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....YES. Assuming that they are truthful. And, that we are actually using the same definition of FUDD. To me a FUDD could be a subset of the group, "all gun owners." BUT REALLY (in reality) are they/could they be, as useless as a "third tit" on a woman?

OMG!?!? What's a woman?

"Your honor.....the opposing counsel is being AGUMENTATIVE."

LOL.

Last Edited:
I've thought for years that any estimate of the number of guns floating around in America is bound to be inaccurate. Because of the relative durability and permanence of them. The firearms industry keeps churning out nine million guns a year, plus another approx. four million imported. Not all that many guns get destroyed or otherwise removed from the "national inventory" each year, so the total just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Guns aren't like most other consumer products in that respect. They get added to but not often outright replaced.

How's Joe Biden's campaign promise of buy-backs coming along? I've got a couple of clunkers that I'm just saving for the event. Cash only, no gift cards.

The utility in spending money to conduct polls.....lays with how well the information will be used.
Just a guess but I suspect the pollsters know the info will be incorrect due to most replies being untruthful and therefore the numbers reflecting lower than what is reality, SO they report relatively low numbers to support a narrative such as, 'See, less people owning guns so interest is diminishing so lets keep up the efforts to reduce the #'s even more' - or something similar to this.

Even people who are anti gun own guns. Reality often overrides idealistic, pie in the sky, want it to be, unrealistic views of how the world should be.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top