JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Neither, FN all the way, and not those fancy fangled geegaw crap SCAR whatever turds, were talking the Right Arm of the Free World, the mighty FN/FAL!
If it absolutely needs a killin, I wanna have the best damn rifle on the entire planet and most of the inner galaxy as my only choice!
Freedom Rifle! Another fine example of reliablity packing a heavyweight punch

Between the two - AR by a slim margin because
  • 5.56 is US produced in greater numbers
  • 5.56 is a US military cartridge
  • It doesn't use corrosive primers
  • I can assemble and maintain an AR with simple tools
  • AR parts are widely available and interchange with no modification
  • It can kill to longer ranges
  • It's a modular system
  • It supports optics natively
  • It has better ergonomics
  • I can take it off safety without alerting everybody in a hundred mile radius
  • It has a bolt stop
  • It's easier to control in rapid fire situations
Don't get me wrong - I have GREAT respect for the AK platform

Neither for me thanks for asking.
Same here.

I have shot a few in the past and one former one of my MT husband's.

They do absolutely nothing for me. NO offense to people who love them. To each their own.

Cate

Everyone knows the correct answer is actually CETME-L.

AE465754-21D2-4BDB-9430-FE1FF0103966.jpeg

I like the AR15 but think the 7.62 x 39mm is a great round. I own a few AR15s but I think my Sig Sauer 556R is a great compromise between the two formats.
Hopefully PSA will be able to produce 7.62x39 in quantities to offset or at least lessen the blow from the ban on Russian ammo. Bonus points if the PSA version is not corrosive and no Berdan style primers.

I love all my guns EQUALLY!

*tiptoes over and closes the door so they can't hear*

*whispers* I'm an AR guy. But please don't tell my AK that. She's very sensitive and I don't want to hurt her feelings.

I have more ARs than AKs only because I got introduced to the AR platform first. Several years ago, I had my first AK. It was a PSA AK-47 variant. I fell in love the first time I shoot that I bought another one, this time with a milled Arsenal SAM variant). I still have both to this very day. Which one do I like better? I like both platforms.

Just because I want to keep it going!

Both… then I also have X95… Scar17s… Mini30… I have a Cetme coming soon… bolt actions… lever actions… and you want to know what one is best? Any of them that you no longer like or have a need for because I will suffer for you being a team player and all.

Wood n steel > soulless plastic n aluminum

Haha! Just kidding, I like AR's but I LOVE AK's! Own, collect and shoot both but AK's are where my heart is at, to each their own.

I'd think most folks would utterly lose their minds if a neighborhood had to show all its ammo and guns.
Nah, at least a few of my neighbors probably have just as much. The rest will just finally know where all our money went. 😂

'Round these parts...the vast majority of residents are gun owners.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top