JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nah, at least a few of my neighbors probably have just as much. The rest will just finally know where all our money went. 😂

'Round these parts...the vast majority of residents are gun owners.
Exactly. I know there are others in my direct neighborhood, but I haven't a clue to if they are the box per gun type or stacked so deep they are tempting fate on the support structures in place holding up the house.

Exactly. I know there are others in my direct neighborhood, but I haven't a clue to if they are the box per gun type or stacked so deep they are tempting fate on the support structures in place holding up the house.
Some of my neighbors would lose their bubblegum. Others would probably go "why have we never gone shooting?"

Love AK 12 gauges with big a$$ mags and a good muzzle break

Love stoner and armalite's later design, the AR-180 short stroke gas piston ARs (and their derivatives like hk 416, etc), especially shorties/SBRs

Like AR 15s

Like Ak-47s

Last Edited:
I take the best from each to built the compromise. 5.45 AR, forged steel charging handle, 416 steel buffer tube.. Forged hex Aero upper, forged lower.
Its lighter, its rugged, its pretty bomb proof. Still has light weight ammo still very lethal and very versatile bullet with the 7n6 poison bullet.
Definitely more accurate than an ak, still uses pretty widely available parts (for the most part) lighter than a ak.

I was an AK guy at first, I hated the tighter tolerances of the AR, thought it meant less reliability. But as I grew and learned more I realized the AR is the better platform just needs to be maintained. The delayed lock time etc. The AK is very limited.

The AR is MUCH easier to tune as well to perfect the cyclic time and recoil impulse. Not too much you can do with an AK.

If I lived where there was permafrost though probably 100% be an AK guy.

Are you an AR guy or AK guy?
I gotta say, neither. I just never got into them, although I tried. I'd take a single-shot bolt-action over an AR/AK any day.

vanguardweatherby257_004.JPG

I gotta say, neither. I just never got into them, although I tried. I'd take a single-shot bolt-action over an AR/AK any day.

View attachment 1252507
Even when the dog days of feces rain are at their peak and you may have multiple targets bearing down on you from unknown distances? Idk.. I'll take as much "evil" as I can get, in ANY form!
I have my AR10 setup with a HUD DMR reticle just for this very reason. I wish other mfgr's would use that reticle or if PA would put it in say a fixed 6x power or their platinum line of optics.

Even when the dog days of feces rain are at their peak and you may have multiple targets bearing down on you from unknown distances? Idk.. I'll take as much "evil" as I can get, in ANY form!
I have my AR10 setup with a HUD DMR reticle just for this very reason. I wish other mfgr's would use that reticle or if PA would put it in say a fixed 6x power or their platinum line of optics.
Vortex now uses an ACSS copy that's just different enough to not get sued on their new 1-6. Not like your HUD reticle, but I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar on their next 4-16ish scope in the same line.

I love the 7.62x39 round and like the premise of the ak but the ergos and lack of accuracy have so far have kept me away. Before the King insflea mag ban I did build an ar that takes ak mags and procured the proper standard freedom pill feeding devices. I still may own an ak at some point but for know I am an ar/fal kind of guy.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top