JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've always wanted a been there done that under folder with deep red furniture. A new one popped up here in the classifieds a few weeks ago that I would have loved to call my first AK purchase. Timing and money is everything. So far it's just AR's for me but I could easily swing both ways. I'm gay for an AK. :D

Is an AR chambered in 7.62x39 really an AR?

.458 SOCOMM?

6.5 Grendel?

Most of the Galils and many of the Valmets, which are an AK variant, are chambered in 5.56x45

The Kalashnikov is the action and other features of the rifle. What the chambering is doesn't make it a non-AK.
AR15s in 7.62x39mm and AKs in 556 are abominations!

458, 6.5g and similar are like the various other calibers normal AKs are chambered in. Like 9x39mm is to an AK as 300blk is to an AR.

Don't even get me started on AKs and ARs dedicated to firing 9mm! :eek:

AR15s in 7.62x39mm and AKs in 556 are abominations!

458, 6.5g and similar are like the various other calibers normal AKs are chambered in. Like 9x39mm is to an AK as 300blk is to an AR.

Don't even get me started on AKs and ARs dedicated to firing 9mm! :eek:
I am an agnostic - or a heretic if you prefer; I go with what works, I do not worship Stoner/Knight or Kalashnikov (although I do admire John Moses Browning).

Bear in mind that Stoner designed the AR10 and chose the 7.62x51. The AR15 was designed by Sullivan & Fremont at the request of the military. I doubt any of them were religious about the cartridge choice. IMO, the 7.62x51 and the 5.56x45 were mistakes; the US military should have listened to the British and their work in intermediate 6-7mm cartridges and bullpups.

Which brings up our latest fiasco - the 6.8x51 - how is the US military going to shove that down the throats of NATO? I haven't heard anything about NATO in all the talk on the new cartridge and rifle.

I am fan of both but if I had to choose over the other it would be an AK, especially a combloc/Arsenal AK. I am more definitely more accurate with an AR but I just love the reliability of the AK and feel less guilt when I dont clean my AKs after a few uses. Go figure.

So it's a lifestyle.
You choose the Eastern Lifestyle or the Western Lifestyle.

:D
I see it like classic vs modern cars. I like to commute to work in a modern car with modern features like A/C, Cruz, heated seats and sound deadening. I like to spend the weekend in an old car with character and lots of flaws. The classic car is just more fun if a bit exhausting.

I'd think most folks would utterly lose their minds if a neighborhood had to show all its ammo and guns.
Ain't that the truth! Those 400mil (known) firearms and 12bil rounds of annual ammo production aren't all buried up in them hills "sumplace". ;)

Show and tell per square mile would likely even blow the mind of the more hardened A2 supporter. Although... ya know that'll never happen. Any A2'er worth his salt ain't gonna show and tell you NUTHIN! 🤣

Is an AK chambered in 556 really an AK?
PXL_20210914_195129497.jpg

I was watching a recent YouTube video from Military Arms Channel where Tim and a few guest discussed if the AK-47 is " Obsolete." While they made some compelling arguments as to why the AR15 is a more complete platform due to ability to custom ARs verses the struggle that we AK guys have to deal with changing out handguard and such. While the AR is a great beginner platform I think one can say the same with the AK platform both great but I am definitely an AK guy! I went to the the rock pit recently and I was honestly surprised because My AK pistol felt like it recoiled less and was quieter than my AR pistol with which has a longer barrels am I tripping or can an AK actually be more comfortable to shoot than an AK? Call me crazy but I thought think so. Thoughts??

View attachment 1207519
Different strokes for different folks. How a gun feels is a very individual thing. If the AK is a better fit for you, run with it.
Who cares if people say you must be a Neanderthal for thinking the AK is better for you?
So it is ok that the Taliban uses ARs now?

If China invaded, I would get a kick out of shooting back at them with a Chicom AK - but I will hold an AR in reserve for those people who can't wrap their head around using whatever works best.
Taliban are parasites. The only reason they're using ARs is our feckless president gave them to 'em. Taliban didn't seek ARs out, they just landed in their laps.

I am an AR guy. For philosophical reasons I divested myself of communist firearms and ammo. Even so, I prefer the AR for the ergonomics accuracy and adaptability.

Glad to see more of equal mind set. Love both . built both. Will agree AR wins in over all points everytime but, nothing would come between my 1st choice. We all hear the negative mobo jumbo from ar guys, some even vets but, the hands of a skill&trained operator? Well, they'll know how to get satisfactory results. Decades of reliablity

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top