JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How in the hell do they get away with making body armor illegal?
Easy....

Blow the situation all out of proportion...
Cherry pick data that shows only the information that suits your needs....
Gets loads of media time , showcasing only your side of the story....
Vilify anyone who says anything different / with a different viewpoint....
Make everything you do...."all about safety"...
Have a strong united team.....

Make sure your opposition is divided....
Lazy , ill - informed firearm owners....

Done.
Andy

Easy....

Done.
Andy

Easy....

Have a strong united team.....

Make sure your opposition is divided....
Lazy , ill - informed firearm owners....

Done.
Andy
Agreed, just can't imagine what the rationale was for outlawing the armor. Must have missed the case where someone was beaten to death with a PC.

http://theforumnewsgroup.com/2024/0...-and-son-charged-with-stockpiling-ghost-guns/

The 3D printed suppressors were just asking for trouble, but the rest? I call it a good start:D. How in the hell do they get away with making body armor illegal? Blows my mind what some of these states can get away with.
From the article:
The District Attorney's office conducted an investigation into Hyung-Suk Woo's purchase of polymer-based firearm components that are easily assembled into operable guns.
Good to know how they got on their radar, at least.

And charged with having a 1000 rounds of ammunition too??
From the article:
Hyung-Suk Woo, 26, and Ji-In Woo, 55, of 198th Street, were arraigned late last Wednesday night on a 130-count complaint charging them with:
10 counts of criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree;
67 counts of criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree;
20 counts of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree;
five counts of criminal sale of a firearm in the third degree;
17 counts of manufacture, transport, disposition, and defacement of weapons;
five counts of criminal possession of a firearm;
two counts of unlawful purchase of body armor; and
four counts of unlawful possession of ammunition.

It starts there and soon it spreads Nation wide
Chipping away at your constitutional rights

Gubberment pay check collectors look down their noses at us and say maybe not out loud yet but will soon and say SHUT UP SUBJECT AND PAY YOUR TAXES WE WILL DO AS WE PLEASE
I think this is why we see more and more cops shooting first and then asking questions later

It's like the home owner who locked her self out of her house broke a window to get back in 2 female cops arrive see the lady in the house say nothing and M/T 3 magazines each into the home hitting the home owner multi times and nothing to see here move along subjects pay your taxes and shut the "F' up

First, My favorite part...

"ammunition feeding devices"

I'm absolutely using this verbiage from here on out.

Second, only 1000 rounds of ammo? Is the rest buried in the backyard? Or do they operate under the "excessive amount" rule like Assault Rifle?

Seriously though...

I hope these two legends get some legit defense backing them up in court.

Especially since I'd bet dollars to pesos that not a single one of the those super duper scary ghost things was ever used in a criminal activity.

What is a semiautomatic pistol with assault weapon characteristics? A threaded barrel?

A shoulder thing that goes up?

What is a semiautomatic pistol with assault weapon characteristics? A threaded barrel?

A shoulder thing that goes up?
It would also need to be all black, have a pistol grip and also have a barrel shroud... :rolleyes:

Oh oh oh... and it can fire 1000 bullets a second out of a 30 ammo clip... erm, ammunition feeding device.

http://theforumnewsgroup.com/2024/0...-and-son-charged-with-stockpiling-ghost-guns/

The 3D printed suppressors were just asking for trouble, but the rest? I call it a good start:D. How in the hell do they get away with making body armor illegal? Blows my mind what some of these states can get away with.
I seem to recall that the definition of "Arms" as accepted by the Supreme Court includes defensive armor. There are so many state laws that have been negated by Heller, McDonald and Bruin, that by the usual process it might take a century or more to clear them all.

So check this out, it's illegal for felons to possess body armor here in AR. And in the not so distant past it was a felony to possess rolling papers if you did not have loose leaf tobacco on you. And at the same time it was a misdemeanor ti have up to an ounce of marijuana in your possession. Makes absolutely no sense. Point is that it takes next to nothing to be a felon these days.
So let's say im a felon for something as silly as having a muscle relaxef a friend gave me for a sore shoulder now im a felon.
I have say been threatened by my girlfriends ex husband I take the precaution I break the law and put on a bullet proof vest. I'm walking down the street the ex jumps out and emptied a 38 into my chest and runs away. The law shows up on the scene sees that I have avoidec certain death by wearing the body armor. They then charge me with a felony and off to jail I go.
So I'm now im
Going in to face a felony charge for being alive. To be a law abiding citizen woujd require me to be laying there dead? What sort of world do these lawmakers live on and what sort of drugs are they on to even come up with such absurdities?

"five counts of criminal sale of a firearm in the third degree"

I don't know NY laws but if I was the prosecutor, I would emphasis this. The rest I would ignore.
This is the one I need to know more about. Were they building guns and selling them to criminals or simply to family members and a buddy or two? Most of the charges could be challenged in court and probably beaten under Bruen...unless they were outfitting criminals. Or were convicted criminals themselves and lost gun rights.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top