JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yet another case of bad guys with Glock switches.

If bad guys are more and more frequently being found in possession of machine guns, how does this affect your EDC and/or preparedness efforts, if at all?

Edit: Mods, wasn't sure where best to drop this thread, so feel free to move it to a different section (Preparedness, Self Defense, etc) if needed.

Meh, those are gangbangers. Their hit rate is pretty bad as it is. Can you imagine going full auto with a Block with the gun on the side?

Meh, those are gangbangers. Their hit rate is pretty bad as it is. Can you imagine going full auto with a Block with the gun on the side?
Agreed, they spray and pray. So unless they are super close I'd assume most have a statistic probability to survive an encounter if they too were armed and returned fire.

It still sucks these A-holes are out there harming innocent people because they think it's fun, tough or cool.

This just in:

Further reports find the suspects were captured quickly, due to their low-slung baggy pants impeding them from running, and consequently tripping and falling flat on their faces. Further reports indicate the suspects could still breathe during their apprehension.

Stay classy DC, now back to you Ron….
IMG_0817.jpeg

So..... are they being charged by the DA of DC for Federal violations of the 1934 NFA, particularly the 1986 FOPA's Hughes Amendment? :rolleyes:

Edit. "Facing charges" doesn't mean "being prosecuted under these charges" :rolleyes:

guarantee you that if these aren't "white" men, they'll get pleaded down and nothing is reported further

Oh wait, that's only for white YT personalities for marketing metal art that just so happens to be like a part to convert an AR into a M16 :s0140:

Carry medical.

Carry more ammo.

Carry a gun I can effectively fight with AKA not a subcompact/pocket pistol.

Avoid thugs.

Carry medical.
^Can't stress this one enough. Even if we don't run into a shooting, injury occurs anywhere and everywhere. I've seen my fair share of car accidents and work place accidents. If we can hinder bleeding until EMTs arrive that could save a life. Shoot, it's been reported many times in NY folks with a wad of napkins/paper towels hindered bleeding enough to save lives. Everyone should carry a kit in their car.

^Can't stress this one enough. Even if we don't run into a shooting, injury occurs anywhere and everywhere. I've seen my fair share of car accidents and work place accidents. If we can hinder bleeding until EMTs arrive that could save a life. Shoot, it's been reported many times in NY folks with a wad of napkins/paper towels hindered bleeding enough to save lives. Everyone should carry a kit in their car.
Sadly medical isn't "cool."

A kit in the car is good but will do nothing for you if SHTF in the store, theater, bowling alley, restaurant, etc.

At minimum I carry a pack of Quickclot Gauze and a CAT TQ on my body when I leave the house.

Sadly medical isn't "cool."

A kit in the car is good but will do nothing for you if SHTF in the store, theater, bowling alley, restaurant, etc.

At minimum I carry a pack of Quickclot Gauze and a CAT TQ on my body when I leave the house.
True, sadly I don't carry any Mkit on me, just my vehicle. I realize it's not the best option, but it's an option.
I commend anyone that takes it upon themselves to carry a med kit on their person. I highly respect that.

"Capitol Police said they have confiscated more than 30 guns so far this year."

30 guns with full automatic alterations or 30 guns total? Pretty vague and poor reporting!

True, sadly I don't carry any Mkit on me, just my vehicle. I realize it's not the best option, but it's an option.
I commend anyone that takes it upon themselves to carry a med kit on their person. I highly respect that.
It's not much. Takes up one pocket. More than likely I'll use it way before I ever have to use a firearm. Plus I can take it in any location. Metal detectors or not.

IMG_3631.jpeg

Carrying medical on you is tough. Effective medkit is bulky. My car kit is the size of a large backpack, and I consider that to be mostly just the basics. How much can you actually carry in something even as big as a large fannypack? Not enough to cover even many common situations. Pair that down to just quickclot and gauze in a pocket? Yeah I wear a cotton tshirt too, and that will be about as effective given how much you will be carrying. I am not saying don't carry it, or that a pocket full of bloodstopper will not be beneficial, but really I will be going for my car kit as a top priority over any other options. It just has so much more that will be effective at dealing with a blowout than what can fit in a pocket. Get someone to apply direct pressure for as long as it takes me to retrieve a serous medical kit, then apply all the fancy stuff in quantities that will be most effective. Past that I will be waiting for the noisy body wagon to bring the serious supplies, including extra blood substitute.

About the only thing I can see that might be worth it for pocket carry is a TQ kit. Those are small, more effective than improvised solutions and can be the best option for certain kinds of blowouts. But even there they only work on extremities, not core stuff. But if your buddy just amputated himself with the forklift, being able to whip one of those out of your pocket without having to run to the parking lot ad back could make the difference. I have one intended for this purpose, I just have not found a good container to put it in yet. I hope to have that rectified when I get some custom belt pouches made in the near future.

Of course this is all just my opinion. If you like carrying a mini-blowout kit have at it. I just like the fact that there are people thinking about this stuff and taking actions to implement a plan. Honestly just having a plan is like 99% of the solution, regardless of if anyone/everyone agrees with the plan or not.

In the "bad old days" of military service; :rolleyes: everyone carried at least 1 field dressing. Some carried a Jungle First Aid Kit, roughly the size of a 25rd 12ga shotgun shell box; and squad medics carried everything else in their rucks.

We are sort of headed back to a similar setup, a Small IFAK on belt, or two field dressings and 1 TQ; the rest in a pack or with team medic.

Carrying medical on you is tough. Effective medkit is bulky. My car kit is the size of a large backpack, and I consider that to be mostly just the basics. How much can you actually carry in something even as big as a large fannypack? Not enough to cover even many common situations. Pair that down to just quickclot and gauze in a pocket? Yeah I wear a cotton tshirt too, and that will be about as effective given how much you will be carrying. I am not saying don't carry it, or that a pocket full of bloodstopper will not be beneficial, but really I will be going for my car kit as a top priority over any other options. It just has so much more that will be effective at dealing with a blowout than what can fit in a pocket. Get someone to apply direct pressure for as long as it takes me to retrieve a serous medical kit, then apply all the fancy stuff in quantities that will be most effective. Past that I will be waiting for the noisy body wagon to bring the serious supplies, including extra blood substitute.

About the only thing I can see that might be worth it for pocket carry is a TQ kit. Those are small, more effective than improvised solutions and can be the best option for certain kinds of blowouts. But even there they only work on extremities, not core stuff. But if your buddy just amputated himself with the forklift, being able to whip one of those out of your pocket without having to run to the parking lot ad back could make the difference. I have one intended for this purpose, I just have not found a good container to put it in yet. I hope to have that rectified when I get some custom belt pouches made in the near future.

Of course this is all just my opinion. If you like carrying a mini-blowout kit have at it. I just like the fact that there are people thinking about this stuff and taking actions to implement a plan. Honestly just having a plan is like 99% of the solution, regardless of if anyone/everyone agrees with the plan or not.
A TQ fits in your back pocket easily.

A TQ fits in your back pocket easily.
I hate stuff in back pockets. I use those to sit on. (also, stuff in back pockets has been shown to degrade posture and increase back pain. It is probably a bad idea to carry stuff there for most people. As always look into it yourself and come to your own conclusions.)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top