JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the USA where combloc ammunition is not available everywhere you step but NATO ammo is, why limit yourself? I can probably go door to door in my neighborhood alone and end up with a ratio of 100/1 556 to 7.62x39.
I guess it depends on the neighborhood.

For a long time SKS's/AK's where cheap and so was 7.62x39 and in my neck of the woods of north Idaho it was the go to gun, truck gun, play gun and everybody owned one or the other or seemed to.

I would say at least 75% of my friends and acquaintances still own one and still have several thousand rounds of ammo stashed.

Most of my friends did not buy an AR I would say until the last 10 years or so as SKS's/AK's started to dry up and the prices went nuts. Some went to an AR-AK hybrid platform like the CMMG mutant because they liked the round better over the 5.56.

Now I will admit most now own both and stock ammo for both.

I will have to agree in the US 5.56/.223 will probable be the most readily available as it is now the most popular rifle out there at the moment and because of the pandemic there are a lot of new AR owners with lots of stashed Ammo.

Having been shot at by both...and seen just what they can do ....
As well as shooting both...and carrying the M16 series for a great deal...
I can say that both the AK47 and the M16 series / AR15 work very well.

Use what you like and what works for you...,
And don't worry too much 'bout what the other guy likes.

As for me...neither...
I much prefer my Hawken Rifle....:D
Andy
They both make a "distinctive sound", and as for the Hawken….. prolly sounds like tossing' some 155mm from a Paladin nicknamed, "Thor".

:s0108:

I guess it depends on the neighborhood.

For a long time SKS's/AK's where cheap and so was 7.62x39 and in my neck of the woods of north Idaho it was the go to gun, truck gun, play gun and everybody owned one or the other or seemed to.

I would say at least 75% of my friends and acquaintances still own one and still have several thousand rounds of ammo stashed.

Most of my friends did not buy an AR I would say until the last 10 years or so as SKS's/AK's started to dry up and the prices went nuts. Some went to an AR-AK hybrid platform like the CMMG mutant because they liked the round better over the 5.56.

Now I will admit most now own both and stock ammo for both.

I will have to agree in the US 5.56/.223 will probable be the most readily available as it is now the most popular rifle out there at the moment and because of the pandemic there are a lot of new AR owners with lots of stashed Ammo.
Perhaps, maybe in older neighborhoods. ;)

I'd flip that ratio on it's head, if I were your neighbor.
9 or 10k in 7.62x39 and over 7k in 5.45x39 . Probably enough to load my mags 3 times over.
I'd think most folks would utterly lose their minds if a neighborhood had to show all its ammo and guns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top