JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hate stuff in back pockets. I use those to sit on. (also, stuff in back pockets has been shown to degrade posture and increase back pain. It is probably a bad idea to carry stuff there for most people. As always look into it yourself and come to your own conclusions.)
I deal with lower back pain as well (stuff in the back pockets and stiff belts make it flare up). Everything has been removed except I slide the TQ to the far side of my rear right pocket. I'm working on a comfortable way to carry it AIWB next to my gun. I've tried multiple holders and I haven't found anything I like. I'll probably just have to make my own. Haha.

Either way I carry a TQ on my person daily.

I deal with lower back pain as well (stuff in the back pockets and stiff belts make it flare up). Everything has been removed except I slide the TQ to the far side of my rear right pocket. I'm working on a comfortable way to carry it AIWB next to my gun. I've tried multiple holders and I haven't found anything I like. I'll probably just have to make my own. Haha.

Either way I carry a TQ on my person daily.
Same boat, I have it (a neat little kit from... Somewhere). Have not found a good way to carry it yet though. My best idea is a custom leather tool pouch for all my edc stuff. I just need to wait for the Leatherman to get past the Christmas rush so I can bug him about custom work.

To be honest ....
It doesn't change what I carry.

I have been shot at before , more than a few times by folks with full auto weapons ...to include crew served weapons...
And I am still here...some of them are not.
Granted the above was when I was in the army....

However...
Full auto full doesn't hold the allure or the oh my gosh factor for me so much for me any longer.
I will do what I need to do in order to survive...and with no regrets.
Andy

Same boat, I have it (a neat little kit from... Somewhere). Have not found a good way to carry it yet though. My best idea is a custom leather tool pouch for all my edc stuff. I just need to wait for the Leatherman to get past the Christmas rush so I can bug him about custom work.
Quickclot gauze is super thin. So that doesn't create an issue in regards to carrying in my back pocket but the TQ can be bulky and uncomfortable. I guess I'm just used to it now. But I'm always looking for something for more comfortable.

Sadly medical isn't "cool."

A kit in the car is good but will do nothing for you if SHTF in the store, theater, bowling alley, restaurant, etc.

At minimum I carry a pack of Quickclot Gauze and a CAT TQ on my body when I leave the house.
Very true. I find it strange that more people who carry guns don't also carry medical, given that when defending against a violent attack it's very likely a person will sustain some kind of injury. The gun ain't gonna stop a bullet or deflect a knife blade. Agreed, TQ and something to staunch bleeding or pack a wound should be the minimum... And the training to use them properly, of course.

On that topic, (warning: shameless self-promotion ahead! :s0140:) NWFA members get $10 off the purchase of any version of the Trauma Wallet pocket medical kit. Use the link below to auto-add the promo code, or PM me if you'd rather not use an online store.

Very true. I find it strange that more people who carry guns don't also carry medical, given that when defending against a violent attack it's very likely a person will sustain some kind of injury. The gun ain't gonna stop a bullet or deflect a knife blade. Agreed, TQ and something to staunch bleeding or pack a wound should be the minimum... And the training to use them properly, of course.

On that topic, (warning: shameless self-promotion ahead! :s0140:) NWFA members get $10 off the purchase of any version of the Trauma Wallet pocket medical kit. Use the link below to auto-add the promo code, or PM me if you'd rather not use an online store.

For whatever reason gun owners think they are immortal/untouchable when they carry a gun….

Self defense is REACTIVE. AKA a threat has been produced. Which means there is a likelihood that you may be hit, cut, stabbed, shot, etc. You have to be able to render medical aid to yourself. I've literally had members on this forum say, "I don't need to carry medical, because I'm not going to render aid to someone I just shot." The medical is for me and my loved ones. It's a responsibility. I would have a hard time living with myself if a loved one died and I could have done something to keep them alive.

There is no reason as gun owners/prepared citizens we shouldn't be carrying a TQ at the bare minimum. People always talk about using a pistol to fight to the rifle but when it comes to medical/life preservation they don't think it's worth their time…..

And of course you'll get the people who say a belt and shirt are just as good so it voids carrying medical. Sure MAYBE it will work but it's less than ideal.

7 Ps.

For whatever reason gun owners think they are immortal/untouchable when they carry a gun….
Noerrorsstilllose.jpg

Guess I lead to normal a life.:D I have been driving for 55 years and never in a traffic accident that needed a first aide kit. I have carried one for decades.

Carried concealed for 51 years and never been in a gun fight even though I traveled to make a living.

Just never lived a lifestyle that brings on the need I guess.

And of course you'll get the people who say a belt and shirt are just as good so it voids carrying medical. Sure MAYBE it will work but it's less than ideal.
Improvised tourniquets rarely work (and by "work" I mean occlude blood flow the way a tourniquet should). The average effectiveness rate of improvised tourniquets when applied by trained personnel is between 10% and 40% (source). When applied by the average person it is much lower. In a study of the medical aid rendered at the Boston Bombing incident, 27 improvised tourniquets were applied to injured persons, and on arrival at the hospital all were found to be ineffective at occluding blood flow. In other words, it's not as easy as it looks, and the time to see whether or not you can improvise a tourniquet is not when you or a loved one are actively bleeding out. That's a gamble I wouldn't want to take.

Improvised tourniquets rarely work (and by "work" I mean occlude blood flow the way a tourniquet should). The average effectiveness rate of improvised tourniquets when applied by trained personnel is between 10% and 40% (source). When applied by the average person it is much lower. In a study of the medical aid rendered at the Boston Bombing incident, 27 improvised tourniquets were applied to injured persons, and on arrival at the hospital all were found to be ineffective at occluding blood flow. In other words, it's not as easy as it looks, and the time to see whether or not you can improvise a tourniquet is not when you or a loved one are actively bleeding out. That's a gamble I wouldn't want to take.
Add in the fact that super stiff/EDC belts are even less effective than a standard leather belt. The belt I wear is elastic in the back so it would be 100% useless in regards to an "attempted TQ."

Guess I lead to normal a life.:D I have been driving for 55 years and never in a traffic accident that needed a first aide kit. I have carried one for decades.

Carried concealed for 51 years and never been in a gun fight even though I traveled to make a living.

Just never lived a lifestyle that brings on the need I guess.
I have needed my med kit twice. Worst one was an elderly neighbor who fell off a ladder and caught some sheet metal on the way down. Both would have survived with basic first aid and a 911 call, but the kit made the whole situation far easier to manage and allowed us to transport the victim ourselves instead of needing to wait for EMS. So basically having a full kit on hand easily saved us a couple grand.

Never had to use a firearm for defense, but there have been a couple of times that I was super glad I had the option in case the situation deteriorated further. Big cities suck.

Cheese and Rice!

Where do you people live that you need to carry an "on the person" first aid kit! While your at it, y'all might want to look into a backpack sized AED as well as a complete air way kit w/ laryngoscope.

Seriously though:
Most buildings in modern day America have an OSHA approved first aid kit in the back and any place that has more than 50 customers in a day should have an AED on site. If something happens, get to the storeroom or backroom of a building for both shelter and cover and that where the first aid kit should be.

Now if your a wilderness guide, I get the "carry what you need" mentality, but if your down town Portland or Seattle maybe a level IV vest would be more appropriate.

Cheese and Rice!

Where do you people live that you need to carry an "on the person" first aid kit! While your at it, y'all might want to look into a backpack sized AED as well as a complete air way kit w/ laryngoscope.

Seriously though:
Most buildings in modern day America have an OSHA approved first aid kit in the back and any place that has more than 50 customers in a day should have an AED on site. If something happens, get to the storeroom or backroom of a building for both shelter and cover and that where the first aid kit should be.

Now if your a wilderness guide, I get the "carry what you need" mentality, but if your down town Portland or Seattle maybe a level IV vest would be more appropriate.
I just mentioned one of my incidents was at home. The other incident was a car accident I was first to respond to. Having a car kit for times when you are out and about is a really good idea. Likewise for having a kit at home. Having your own kit with stuff you know how to use is better than trying to dig up a kit from a business or publicly available place. Most of those kits are trash; they have only the basic supplies, of dubious quality and in minimal quantities. They are fine for scrapes and cuts, but past that they fail quickly. I want to know what I have so I can plan how to respond as I am pulling things out. Throwing the whole contents of a bag on the floor and trying to formulate a plan as someone progresses in their medical emergency is less than ideal.

For medical stuff I recommend taking a CERT class and then building your own kit based off what you learn. Know what is in there and how to use it.

Cheese and Rice!

Seriously though:

America. Have you looked around lately….

So prepare for getting shot…

but preparing to stop the bleed is dumb?

Level 4 plates don't protect extremities.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top