JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Call me old school and no disrespect to anybody but if I am shooting an AK there is only one true caliber in my opinion 7.62x39. That's why I will never shoot another 7.62x39 AR it is unholy! AR15 is .556 now don't get me wrong the calibers in between can be tons of gun but as far as functionality and reliability I'm sticking to the OG calibers lol 😂
I go with whatever works, and I like to have a layered defense.

Get home guns and guns to be used while doing chores outside, are the PS90 and Five Seven in 5.7x28 to get to the house/cover.

Retreat to home/cover, or use from fixed points (observation post, roadblock, etc.) where the user is expecting engagement, then use 5.56x45 and/or 7.62x39

For soft armor or distant targets, 7.62x51

I don't give a bubblegum about what is traditional. If I did I would be shooting a Garand and a 1911, not an AR or AK.

Turtle. Turtle.

8E720C8F-D600-41BE-9E42-7F72B5ABFC14.jpeg

Nether, when the feces occurs, I should be able to pick up all the AK/AR's Ill need off the ground from the drop and run crowd. Until then my 300 Win Mag will be just fine.

Neither, FN all the way, and not those fancy fangled geegaw crap SCAR whatever turds, were talking the Right Arm of the Free World, the mighty FN/FAL!
If it absolutely needs a killin, I wanna have the best damn rifle on the entire planet and most of the inner galaxy as my only choice!

I am an American. What do you think?

I refuse to own a firearm that was used by my enemies to shoot at me early in the forever wars.

AR all the way.
So it is ok that the Taliban uses ARs now?

If China invaded, I would get a kick out of shooting back at them with a Chicom AK - but I will hold an AR in reserve for those people who can't wrap their head around using whatever works best.

I have both love both. As said before they have there pros and cons for each platform. I like the 7.62x39. It would be great in fully developed AR type rifle. PS I have 7.62x39 AR15 type rifles.

Neither, FN all the way, and not those fancy fangled geegaw crap SCAR whatever turds, were talking the Right Arm of the Free World, the mighty FN/FAL!
If it absolutely needs a killin, I wanna have the best damn rifle on the entire planet and most of the inner galaxy as my only choice!
Also known as " the right arm of the free world "

You can find very good and very poor examples of both, but at the end of the day they both have advantages and disadvantages. I started with AR's in the safe, and have stayed with that platform. Only one to learn how to tune / maintain, better for me that way. My AR's do what I want them to, no need for me to add another platform to the mix. One guy's opinion.....

AR's are for people who cant actually build guns. Thats most folks. Build and assemble. Not the same thing.

I have about equal numbers of both.
I built my AR and wouldn't trade it for any AK, even if they were easier to build!

The AK platform is neat from a historical perspective, but I have just never found myself all that interested in owning one. In my opinion, it is an inferior carbine compared to the SKS aside from its ability to readily accept detachable box magazines!

As someone else posted above, I have equal amounts of both, but for where I live if SHTF I'm grabbing my Draco SBR (basically a Romanian PM-90 at this point)... just a ridiculous amount of firepower 🔥 in a small, collapsible package.

YMMV

Call me old school and no disrespect to anybody but if I am shooting an AK there is only one true caliber in my opinion 7.62x39. That's why I will never shoot another 7.62x39 AR it is unholy! AR15 is .556 now don't get me wrong the calibers in between can be tons of gun but as far as functionality and reliability I'm sticking to the OG calibers lol 😂
It may not be right, but "Unholy?" Damn son, that's a little extreme. (But oddly enough, I like it!) :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top