JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only accessory that I would be glad to see included are quality magazines. I would likely choose different sights, grips, holster, trigger upgrades, etc. and I don't place a very high value on such. I would prefer to purchase the basic firearm and customize it to my own preferences. But as mentioned by others, opinions vary...

Seems like activity on in the classifieds section is really dropping off. I feel like we hit a high in terms of peer to peer transactions a few months back. Now I see countless listings with zero replies, likes etc. that have been posted for weeks. All kinds of stuff even really good stuff priced reasonably. Am I missing something here, or all we all just burnt out of buying firearms related things on NWFA?
with the laws being questionable I don't think I want anything stuck in Limbo. Also staring a move in the face, trying to figure out how to get out. There are also only a couple items left I want. Tippman Gatling gun, Galil Ace in 7.62x39 and a .1913 7.65 J.P. Sauer and Sohns. Would be potentially interested in an FN 1910 in .380. And I don't want to have to move a gatling gun.

Yep, strangest classifieds I've ever seen in that regard.
For me, it's a couple of reasons: 1) it's a PITA, and 2) if it's a person-to-person sale then I can require cash upfront, rather than taking a risk with a cash app and/or scammer. There's zero risk with cash unless it's counterfeit, and there's a lot of risk with scammers using apps.

For me, it's a couple of reasons: 1) it's a PITA, and 2) if it's a person-to-person sale then I can require cash upfront, rather than taking a risk with a cash app and/or scammer. There's zero risk with cash unless it's counterfeit, and there's a lot of risk with scammers using apps.
Everyone makes their own choices. To me, I don't understand limiting your audience. It's also easier/more convenient for me to print a label at home and drop off a package than it is to try to coordinate a meet up.

I've been stood up by supposed buyers several times, have yet to get scammed..... knock on wood.

Everyone makes their own choices. To me, I don't understand limiting your audience. It's also easier/more convenient for me to print a label at home and drop off a package than it is to try to coordinate a meet up.

I've been stood up by supposed buyers several times, have yet to get scammed..... knock on wood.
I don't have a printer, nor am I interested in buying one for very limited use. So this means I have to drive to a FedEx office in Corvallis to print it up there and then ship it. :s0092: For me, it's easier to actually drive to a specific meet place....for example, Keith's tomorrow to sell my AK.....than it is to go to a place that doesn't even box your gun for you (FedEx requires you to box your own firearms). I have a revolver I just bought that is going back to S&W tomorrow; thankfully I have my own box, and that's the only office I can do it at.

It might be easier to use UPS, but I imagine I'd run into the same trouble there.

Guns I completely understand, they're definitely a PITA to ship nowadays. Ammo too.

It's other items like knives, scopes, binos, parts (triggers, mags, sights, etc) that sometimes make me scratch my head.

Where can I buy this mythical $66 barrel? It it also at Brownells? Would like to buy one if so
"Mythical" huh :rolleyes:

61B1DFE7-1D07-4976-8FBE-56DD4DA9894D.jpeg

Maybe not my best choice of words, I was totally serious about wanting to buy one.

edit: Just bought for $71 shipped. Thanks for letting me know about that one
No worries. If the interwebs rumors are true, rtb doesn't actually make anything - they white label cmmg. So…perhaps a cmmg barrel for $66. Not too shabby!

I would say that listing retail prices or higher on used parts or like new vs buying new isnt far off, i for one will buy new if price is close, i get shipped to my door with a New product with warranty of some kind.

Ammo being sold here is more than or very close to online, again delivered to my door.

i also was looking at optics but seems some think their optic is worth more than new on common websites. i have seen a 1x6 lvpo selling for 350 and available at Amazon for 100 less on amazon.

thats my opinion as of late. Want to buy just no deals to move the needle..

Guns I completely understand, they're definitely a PITA to ship nowadays. Ammo too.

It's other items like knives, scopes, binos, parts (triggers, mags, sights, etc) that sometimes make me scratch my head.
Kinda what I am getting at. Obviously I am selling an LPVO right now but I am talking about the dozens of recent ads in the "Sights, Scopes, and Optics" classified section that are getting no activity. Lot's a really good stuff on there. I guess if people aren't buying as many guns, they aren't needing as many new things to put on their guns. For me though I am constantly upgrading when funds allow.

I am a gear junkie though, always looking for my next fix. 😬

Just comes as a surprise to me because I have never had trouble moving a piece of gear on in the p2p market in the recent past.

On another good shooting forum, heated discussion about the quickly-deteriorating shipping situation for firearms, with Fedex, UPS, and USPS rapidly becoming more restrictive, and also rampant theft and "lost" firearms. It's not unlikely to someday be impossible for most people to ship guns, period, FFLs notwithstanding. (And FFL rules are being scrutinized at Federal and State level, BATF becoming more politicized under pressure from the White Nursing Home.)
-

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR